Start by marking “When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write” as Want to Read:
When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write

When Dreams Come True: A Love Story Only God Could Write

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  690 ratings  ·  41 reviews
This daringly real, intensely moving love story gives vision and hope to everyone in search of a love worth waiting for. In their bestseller When God Writes Your Love Story, Eric and Leslie Ludy described the breathtaking perfection of God's plans for each young person and offered fresh guidelines for being Christlike in relationships with the opposite sex. When Dreams Com...more
Published January 8th 2004 by Multnomah Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about When Dreams Come True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Dreams Come True

Is God saying He's the One? by Susan RohrerDear Guys by Cole RyanI Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua HarrisHidden Struggles by Rachel HamiltonI, Isaac, Take Thee, Rebekah by Ravi Zacharias
Christian Dating
10th out of 13 books — 6 voters
The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David   MeredithShadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth StenglTo Birmingham Castle by Alicia A. WillisStarflower by Anne Elisabeth StenglThe Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson
Gorgeous Book Covers!!
115th out of 160 books — 54 voters

More lists with this book...

Bryanna
Before I read this book, I read their first one, "When God Writes Your Love Story," and while I found it interesting and drew some helpful points from it, I felt a bit detached as I've never been in a dating relationship and didn't feel like I could relate.
Taking that into consideration, I was surprised how encouraged and inspired I was by this beautifully written tale. Even though I still couldn't relate to Leslie's or Eric's backgrounds, the story of God knitting their story together in His ab...more
Rebecca
This is not a book with directions on “the way” to do things. It is simply the very honest story of how God worked in the Ludys’ lives to bring them together. Eric and Leslie take turns writing chapters throughout this book. They begin by describing their childhoods, their adolescences, and how they lost their innocence. They tell of different relationships they went through and left them hurt and feeling dirty and defiled. I thought they were rather too descriptive for young people without the...more
Rebekah Padilla
This book not only is one of the best love stories i've read its also very educational. It helped me very much with wanting to wiat for the right guy in my life. Not by dating every guy i thought was cute but waiting the timing is right and i was reading for it.

Many times in the book i was crying and laughing. It talked from the girls point of view and then the guys also. They got married and then told thier story of how it all came together and how God planned it all out perfectly. It was real...more
Allison
Probably skimmed half of it...did not need to be that long. And maybe I'm just not there yet, but had a hard time buying the reality of their teen spirituality...not so much when I think about it, but just on a cursory read it made me kind of doubt the authenticity of the narrator.

Overall, it goes on the shelf as another one of those Christian books that's maybe worth one read. I suppose it is encouraging that they found each other - but look around you and you'll probably see similar stories.
Ethan
Apr 27, 2010 Ethan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Christian
A very good book. I would recommend that any Christian read it. Whether you are married or single, or 13 or 50 years old this book is for you.

It is a beautiful loves story of which God is the author. First Eric falls in love with God, then Leslie falls in love with God, and finally they fall in love with one another.
Sheila
The Ludys tell their beautiful love story and showcase God's faithfulness to those who are committed to waiting for His hand crafted love story. A wonderfully encouraging read that provides insight on how the principles in their book 'When God Writes Your Love Story' are put into practice.
Piepie Beuttel
This is a beautiful, lovely, precious story of a young couple and how they gave their relationship to God even before they met. Their lives become entwined with each other due to church and friendship, and then they slowly took their relationship to another level...and then another...the events in this book lead up to a gorgeous wedding, the union of two people who built their relationship on purity and principle. Even though both Eric and Leslie had made mistakes, messed up, screwed up, and pre...more
Aileen
One of my favorite books of all time! It is a beautiful TRUE story of 2 people who surrendered their love stories to the Lord and God took them to a story only the Heaven can write. It is a MUST READ.
Courtney
I absolutely love this book!! It's one of my all time favorites!! I challenge everyone to read this book and allow it to change them! Because it will! In a good way of course..
Patty H.
I pick this book up and read the whole thing in one when I'm feeling a bit down about my love life. It gives me a new found strength and it's a good reminder that Jesus is the only living Man I must center my universe around.

I was given this book by special friends who are still one of the best, God driven couple I know and will ever meet. Their love story was written by God just as much as Leslie and Eric's were and it makes me look forward to what God has in store for me too.
Stephanie
I really liked understand the background behind Eric and Leslie's love story. It was encouraging to know that they weren't perfect, like me, but that they still were able to press in to know the fulness of God's plan for their lives. I wish i had read this 16 years ago!
Knowing they married so young, though, with her barely 20, kind of hurts their street credibility when it comes to experience in waiting for the Lord to bring someone to one's life, now that the average marrying age is around 26....more
Hannah McIntosh
Amazing! Eric and Leslie recount their entire journey from childhood to marriage in an informal way. Their story is not only amazing, but also inspiring, challenging, and encouraging. The way they kept their relationship with each other pure, even after their personal experiences in the world, challenges me.
A definite re-read possiblity!
Yunita
what do you think when your dream come true?

Leslie Ludy menuliskan pengalaman yang berharga dan menarik. Leslie dengan gamblang menuliskan detail ombak dan riak di hatinya. Bagaimana dia mempergumulkan hidup, cintanya dan kesetiaanNya kepada Tuhan hingga menemukan pasangan hidupnya.
Eric Ludy, @ faithfull man. kesetiaanNya kepada Tuhan, mengajarkan kita bagaimana belajar mempercayakan setiap kehendak dan rencana dalam hidup kita ke dalam tangan Tuhan, termasuk memilih pasangan hidup kita.
Jika k...more
Kinsey
Love is really complicated in our generation, and as christian teens its hard to stay pure! Even though both Eric and Leslie thought they had a good idea of what love was, they found that all of those ideas were false and was just what the world called 'love'. When they decided to have God be the author of their love story, they found that it was more beautiful then they could have ever dreamed of!
This is a beautiful love story that is encouraging more towards young Christian teens to young ad...more
Ashley Elliott
I LOVE this book. It's AMAZING to see how God was orchestrating Eric and Leslie's love story, even in the midst of all the mistakes they were making. Truly an encouragement!!!
Stephany
Jan 29, 2010 Stephany rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone seeking to understand how to have a guy-girl relationship God's way
A beautiful book about a beautiful story. This book told three different love stories. It told the love story between God and Leslie, the love story between God and Eric, and the love story God wrote for Leslie and Eric. This is the book that transformed my thinking of dating and realized I don't need to kiss a bunch of frogs or go out on a bunch of loser dates to find The One. God has already found The One for me and I need to let Him write my love story.
E
Wonderful. Not what I expected exactly; Leslie was pretty young compared Eric when they met, but they still walked in complete and beautiful purity. I am encouraged by this one...and the authors truly urge me on to purity and true love - most of all a life-long adventure with God. It's written in story, first person style and very simply. I read through it easily in 2 days. Loved it!
Christina
This was a very good book it's Eric and Leslie's love story which was beautiful, but not everyone's story will play out just as their's did. The most interesting part is the age difference between Eric and Leslie and how it all fell into place at the right time with prayer, guidance, and patience. It was romantic in an innocent type of way.
Motunrayo
I enjoyed reading the story of these 2 and thinking of how God brought them together and what He is doing through their union in the world and for their kids is wonderful.
The writing might not neccessarily all have been to my taste, but hey, they were telling a love story so it's obvious that it will get a bit mushy over and over.
Gretchen
Is God calling you to turn your love life over to HIM? This book shares Eric & Leslie Ludy's first hand account of their love journey, miraculously unfolded by the hand of God. A different version/perspective on their story can be found in "When God Writes Your Love Story".
Peggy
This is even better than the first one (When God Writes Your Love Story)! This one definitely reconfirmed in me my desire for God to be the author of my love story. Eric and Leslie's love story is amazing, romantic, and truly touched by God.
Angie
Being single in today's world is really hard. Especially when you're Christian. I started reading these books at a time when I really needed a solid foundation in the area of personal relationships with men.
Rachel M.
Lots of repetition from When God Writes Your Love Story-entire stories are copied and pasted into this book from the other one...they definitely have a unique love story, though...
Natasha Dosa
This is one of the best books on dating I've read, and I've read a lot! Love the perspective from both sides and how most of the book is personal stories! A must read for young adults.
Marvelknight
Oh My Gooosshh!!!! I love this book. I've read it like 3 times. It really helped reinforce how I was raised to handle relationships. Wish I could rate it higher then 5 stars!
Oriana Obiri Ampomah
Excellent story that will minister to your spirit and move you to commit your future to God!!!
Rachel
I read this a few years ago at a friend's. It's a real story and that's encouraging.
Ariel Johnson
showed me how giving everything to God-- even my love story-- can be a dream come true!!
Madison Wasinger
I enjoyed reading about their love story and how God orchestrated it.
Tabitha
Amazing! I learned so much and gained a lot of wisdom from this book.
  • Sacred Singleness
  • Life on the Edge: A Young Adult's Guide to a Meaningful Future
  • Joyfully at Home: A Book for Young Ladies on Vision and Hope
  • Emotional Purity: An Affair of the Heart
  • The Truth about Guys: One Guy Reveals What Every Girl Should Know
Eric is a bestselling author, internationally-recognized speaker and president of Ellerslie Mission Society. He is also the senior pastor at the Church at Ellerslie and the lead instructor at Ellerslie Leadership Training in Windsor, Colorado. Ludy is the author of more than a dozen books, many of which were co-authored by his wife, Leslie Ludy. The Ludy's books have sold well over a million copie...more
More about Eric Ludy...
When God Writes Your Love Story: The Ultimate Approach to Guy/Girl Relationships When God Writes Your Life Story Wrestling Prayer God's Gift to Women: Discovering the Lost Greatness of Masculinity The Bravehearted Gospel: A Life Consumed with the Power of Christ

“.."I don't even know her yet..but if she could see me right now, I'd want her to know that I love her.." ~E.L.~” 68 likes
“You know, Eric?" Marky's eyes glazed over, revealing he was unwrapping a new idea. "Won't it be weird when we get married? I mean, life will completely change!"

We both pondered the wonder of wedded bliss for a few moments and then Marky added, "I guess you're gonna have to stop doing that disgusting throat clearing thing in the morning!"

"Well, you're gonna have to stop snoring!" I jabbed back

"My wife will be soothed by my snore!" Marky defended.

"Yeah, right! And my wife will be soothed by my disgusting throat clearing thing!
5 likes