Vegas Two-Step

Vegas Two-Step (Oak Stand #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A post-makeover vacation fling. That's all Nellie Tucker wants from Jack Darby. After all, a librarian from a small Texas community doesn't have a lot in common with a cool business guy like Jack. Sure, their week in Las Vegas is wonderful, but Nellie has her real life to get back to.So imagine her surprise when Jack suddenly appears in her hometown. And not only does he a...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Harlequin (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vegas Two-Step, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegas Two-Step

Elisa Beatty
I can't believe I haven't left a review for this book yet! Liz Talley became an auto-buy right out of the gate...She has a terrific, funny voice that makes me think of a Southern Kristan Higgins, and she's created a wonderfully imagined small town (which doesn't seem imaginary...it's so REAL), and the most wonderful characters. If you don't love Bubba, you don't have a heart! And he's just a secondary character.

I loved the central story--a great twist on the buttoned-up librarian on a bender......more
Cate Rowan
Such fun!

I had a wonderful time with this story. Nellie wants some freedom and a change, but who isn't sure how far that change should (or can) go, considering her background in the small town in which she lives. But then she gets to Vegas, and, well, Jack Darby is absolutely DELICIOUS...

There's more to both these characters than meets the eye, and it's a pleasure watching their relationship fire up in Vegas, and again in Texas (with complications) when he follows her there. The writing is smar...more
Rakisha
Small town good girl and children's librarian, Nellie Hughes, is stuck in a rut. After being convinced by her citied best friend, Nellie agrees to a makeover, an assumed identity and a week long trip to Vegas. Nellie falls head over heels for her fling with club owner Jack Darby, but when she leaves him heartbroken with more questions than answers, he tracks her down to Oak Stand, Texas where he tries to break down her resolve. The story was tightly paced, relatable, and PG-13 steamy. The dialog...more
Joy
Feb 27, 2011 Joy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Geeky librarian gets a makeover and cuts loose in Vegas, including a fling with a handsome nightclub owner; when she returns to her Texas hometown, she discovers that her Vegas lover has followed her home and bought a horse farm right outside town. I loved the small-town characters and setting of this book, particularly the wise-cracking old women and the Bubba who is almost, but somehow not, a stereotype.

If you like Kristan Higgins and/or Jeannie Watt you will probably also like Liz Talley.
Julie
Jul 09, 2010 Julie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in plain jane or librarian romance with humor
I don't read romance for inspiration or encouragement, just entertainment. But I got just that when I read Vegas Two Step by Liz Talley. A hero who knows his life is lacking and a heroine confused about just who she is find each other, lose each other, and then find each other AND themselves again. A great uplifting, funny, sexy, romantic read and fresh take on the mousy librarian theme, with all the excitement of Vegas! Can't wait for her next book.
Maureen Howard
A great addition to the Oak Stand world. I realize I'm reading this group out of publishing order, but Liz makes it very easy to love each couple no matter what order you read it in. I was surprised that the majority of the story took place away from the small town, but not disappointed in the least. Liz brings to life the worry of always having to fit in a neat little bow when your soul is screaming out for something else no matter what that bow looks like. I really hope you will take a look at...more
Fedora
Nellie Tucker's a straitlaced librarian whose grandmother drummed into her duty and responsibility. She finally decides to take her friend up on her offer to show her a good time in Las Vegas one weekend after overhearing some high school girls mock her for her uptight and boring way of acting and dressing.

Jack Darby is a wealthy Las Vegas club owner; he and Nellie meet in passing at the airport, but he's preoccupied and she doesn't make much of a first impression. That is clearly not the case w...more
Mar
This Story is grrreat! It grabs you right in the beginning and you gallup through rooting for Nellie the whole way.
Laughing with her, cringing with her and ultimately triumphing with her. Jack is a perfect Foil for Our Nellie and sees her as desirable when she is clueless about her own charms and abilities.
Packed with Southern Charm and Humour.
Right up there with Susan Mallery, Jill Shalvis,Kristin Higgins,Victoria Dahl,Rachel Gibson,Carly Phillips.....
I loved it.
Darynda Jones
This story was so much fun!!! I just loved it. It was cute and funny and the romance was sweet and sizzling at the same time. Jack is my kind of hero, strong yet caring and willing to learn from his mistakes. Nellie is just a doll and they really suited each other. Very nice job! I can't wait for more from Liz Talley!
Mary Pitre
Really enjoyed.
Sandra
Idk I really loved this book. I thought the plot was great and the main characters were believable. jack darby sounds really sexy, tbh.
Angel
Jul 07, 2011 Angel added it
I loved this book!!!! It was so awesome!!! I have met liz and she is a great person and writes pure romance and comedy!!!
Autumn Jordon
A light, fun read. Perfect poolside read. I loved the characters and the authors voice.
Paula
Cheesy librarian romance. I am a sucker for books with librarians :)
Connie Cox
Love the librarian makeover. Great stuff!
Laurie Kellogg
Very cute story!
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
May 25, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
My life has always been papered with novels. From traditional Harlequin romances to epic books like Lonesome Dove, my reading interests are vast. I can't imagine a life without coffee, hot tamale candy and a book in hand. I write romance, but I read every genre...except sci-fi. But I can be persuaded.
More about Liz Talley...
A Taste of Texas A Little Texas Waters Run Deep The Way to Texas The Spirit of Christmas