Start by marking “To Love and Cherish” as Want to Read:
To Love and Cherish

To Love and Cherish (Brannt Family)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  631 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

Shelby Kane wasn't about to let her friend's bossy brother run off his family's ranch again! And Kingston Brannt kept a tight rein on his volcanic desires, but made it abundantly clear that he resented Shelby's sweetly distracting presence--and the fiery passion she stirred in him. Although the ruggedly handsome, impossibly stubborn cowboy fought their explosive attraction

Published (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about To Love and Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love and Cherish

Aayesha Khatri

AHHHH GOD, DIANA PALMER

OH God I love her so much

*deep breath*

Okay, okay I think I'm fine now. NO WAIT-

*more deep breaths*

Yeah, I think I'm okay now.

Anyways, as I was saying. GOD-DAMMIT I LOVE DIANA PALMER SO MUCH!!!! (Must. Resist. From. Adding. Another. Gif. Must. Resist.)

So last night I picked up at least five different books, which I all abandoned because GOD-DAMMIT I WANTED A HEROINE WHO ISN'T IMMATURE OR BITCHY OR DECEPTIVE, A HEROINE WHO LOVES THE HERO LIKE HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE LO
Jenny
Dec 30, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-swoon
I loved Shelby and King. She is in love with King but he doesn't know it. When she announces her engagement to his younger brother, our brooding jealous hero is determined to make Shelby his.

Love Diana Palmer for her innocent sweet heroines and dark brooding heroes and this book didn't disappoint!
Amanda Sheila
Jun 21, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book!

Shelby's a model and friends with Danny. But Danny's older brother, Kingston, seems to despise Shelby so much. He thinks that Shelby's a spoiled rotten model who loved to spent money like her actress mother, but he didn't knew that she's not like that. When Danny come and propose just for an act, Shelby couldn't say no. That's when Kingston went red..

Very very typical of Diana Palmer and the storyline's very familiar with one of her books but I can't remember which one.

Still,
Terri Nguyen
When I started this book I thought "why is doesn't this girl grab a pair and tell this jerk off." Then I realized that it was published in 1979. I guess that was before women really started to stand up for themselves (which is probably why God made me an adult today and not then). So I slacked off her a little and started to like her despite the fact she was a wimp.

The guy was a total jack-butt to the heroine. He kept calling her little girl which really got on my nerves. But he was sexy when he
Sassafrass
**1.5 stars at best**

I could tell that this was a very old book. This book was originally published in 1979. The guy smoked everywhere, which is unusual nowadays. And man, I didn't understand how this was a romance. The guy was a total dick for the whole book then asked the woman to marry him at the end. I have no idea how she figured she was in love with him, but I guess she was used to being ignored so she didn't know any better. It was on the short side, so I didn't have to suffer long. It ju
Kay
Mar 02, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Diana Palmer knows how to draw out the intense emotions! Though this was originally published in 1980, this story works very well today. King is a man with a quick temper and Shelby has always gotten under his skin, sparks inevitably fly when they get near each other. Shelby's been in love with King for years, but she doesn't know that his out bursts are meant to push her away, she thinks King honestly despises her and she shrinks away. You'll need some tissues handy, there are a few scenes wher ...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
There's no secret on how much I loved Diana Palmer's books. Her long-running Long Tall Texas series is still one of my favorites in the Western genre. Some of her books I actually read more than once. If I'm in a mood for a book that makes me feel that clenching feeling around my heart, Ms. Palmer's books never let me down. And To Love And Cherish was no exception. It was just what I was in the mood for.

As I don't want to provide spoilers here, I'm not going to go into details. But I want to say
Astraycat
Ok read, I read this story because I was curious about Morie Brannt's parents after reading Wyoming Tough(Wyoming Men #1). I was not used to hero smoke all the time, but this novel was published long before I was born, maybe it's fashion in romance at that time. Anyway, I hoped DP would consider writing a book about Danny Brannt . . . why did he marry his former secretary(mentioned in Wyoming Tough(Wyoming Men #1)) rather than Mary Kate? According to this story, he liked her a lot, what happened ...more
soriya
Feb 10, 2014 soriya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my review for Wyoming Tough, I've mention that I'll give this one a final try since two of Diana Palmer's recent novel had left me very disappointment.

Oh well, thanks to this book, I feel that there is so hope for Diana Palmer. I may not be reading anything she'd published recently but I think her older ones are pretty decent. I'm not planning to catch up with anything from her now but I may come back and give her another try one of these days.

I rate this one a three because despite lack of
Maggie
Sep 16, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar to other Palmer books but I like her stories so I liked this as well.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Sep 09, 2011 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
I just don't know...WHY do I torture myself with these books?
Bethany
Dec 18, 2015 Bethany rated it did not like it
Wtf

One star because I had to. Finished the book because, again, I had to. This is the worst, absolute worst book I've ever read. Don't read it. It will just piss you off like it did me. The characters are thin. The hero is extremely cruel to the heroine, to the point where no reasonable woman would truly love that man. Wtf did I just read...
Leyns
Feb 04, 2016 Leyns rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
He's too mean to her and I don't feel that he made up for it in the end. I felt so sorry for her and I didn't like him at all. I wish she met some other man that will treat her better. He's a nasty bully.
Valerie
May 11, 2014 Valerie rated it it was amazing
One of the sweetest love stories ever. Shelby is in love with a strong man who fights his feelings for her until the very end. I don't want to give anything away but you need to read this story!
Cdee
Jun 18, 2014 Cdee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous Diana Palmer book I read this week but was a quick simple read that was cute
Spinneretta
Feb 12, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You have to love the Diana Palmer alpha males who just so happen to be real asses :)
Anna Wiedoff
Jan 03, 2015 Anna Wiedoff rated it it was amazing
Great read

Diana palmer's books are always a great read. I've enjoyed them all. Hope you enjoy them too, just as I have.
M
Apr 22, 2014 M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Diana Palmer genre stylized books. It is what it is just read it for fun.
Dannis Cole
Apr 11, 2011 Dannis Cole rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book had me nearly trembling all the way through. Shelby went through the wringer and King acted like a total jerk. I think I would have run away and kept running, but knowing Diana Palmer, King would calm down and be a kinder person later on [at least, I hope]. I liked the book and it is well worth reading, but I will save my higher ratings for her others, notably Morcai Battalion. :) I loved Shelby and the other characters, but I found it very hard to love King.
Paisley
If you like this one you need to read Wyoming Tough (view spoiler) It's also a super cheesy harlequin like only Diana Palmer can deliver.
Narita Wijaya
Jul 02, 2012 Narita Wijaya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished read ebook series from this novel and i can say i LOVE this book because i can'r put down my mobile and keep read until 3.40 am... this novel NOT contain steaming hot sex but can make your heart beat faster...
Aldy
Feb 07, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Kasandra See
Kasandra See marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Samantha Pankow
Samantha Pankow rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Christine Simmons
Christine Simmons rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
  • Saturday's Child
  • House of Mirrors
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Playing The Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Heart Breaker (Rocky Mountain, #2)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Falling for Trouble

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Brannt Family (4 books)
  • Heather's Song
  • Wyoming Tough (Wyoming Men, #1)
  • The Rancher (Brannt Family #4)