Start by marking “Scandinavian Stitches: 21 Playful Projects with Seasonal Flair” as Want to Read:
Scandinavian Stitches: 21 Playful Projects with Seasonal Flair

Scandinavian Stitches: 21 Playful Projects with Seasonal Flair

This work features 21 projects - including quilts, pillows, and soft ornaments - that draw their inspiration from the seasons and offer a fresh, modern take on folk art.
Published November 16th 2010 by Stash Books (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Scandinavian Stitches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandinavian Stitches

Melki
Jun 09, 2015 Melki rated it it was amazing
I ordered this sight-unseen after seeing only the cover.

And, it's WONDERFUL!

There are loads of SEWING projects here; all of them could be adapted for your particular skill level. Wikman serves up a nice variety of projects, ranging from ornaments that could be completed in less than an hour to more complicated wall hangings and quilts. There are goodies offered for each season of the year, plus a special section for the yuletide.

There is so much I want to make out of this book. Wikman's design
Michelle
Feb 06, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
Found a few small projects in here for future gifts. One of them has a fox in a wall hanging that I will adapt and make even smaller! Quick projects are a necessity in my life...

Scandinavian Stitches
Jeannine
Dec 10, 2010 Jeannine rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-creativity
This book was an indulgence. I've followed Kajsa (syko) on flickr for many years. Her work is whimsical and colorful and I bought this book because it is so pretty.

Sewing isn't my favorite medium and I don't know how many of these projects I'll actually attempt, but it is a lovely book (and it's sold out too).
Dec 03, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: craft-sewing
I wasn't so thrilled with the projects in this book. A few were nice but the rest don't interest me much. There were a couple of good tips in the introductory "how-to" chapter, however, and I do think I'll use some of the applique techniques.
Kris
Fun little quilts--some of which I plan to adapt and make--but the strength of this book is its simplicity. It inspired this reader to spend less time thinking about making small pieces and more energy playing with fabrics and allowing ideas and images to see where they take me. Good job, Janet.
Suzanne
Jan 24, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Super-cute project ideas. I have never tried quilting or applique, but this book looks like it has good things for a beginner. Her patterns are sweet without being overly cute.
Megan
Jul 22, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
My absolute FAVORITE craft book of the year, so far. Her style is light and fluid and very unfussy...important for a newbie like me!
Rose
Great ideas and encouragement for small projects made with applique, sewing and quilting.
Amber
Jan 08, 2015 Amber rated it liked it
Less usable ideas than I had hoped for, but a good inspiration book. Two cute quilts and a little travel pillow were winners. The author has a few small sewing projects that would be fun for kids to do.

If you are looking for a book that will help you add creative touches like including your own or your child's art work to your pieces this would provide a great jumping off point.

Very little embroidery, if that is what interested you about the title.
T Crockett
Jun 14, 2015 T Crockett rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
I really enjoyed the author's writing about her work. The book is good inspiration. Most of the projects use paper-backed fusible web. This was a new technique for me. She also gives some fun ideas using free-motion stitching and makes it sound less intimidating than I'd expected.

If you aren't interested in either of these techniques, the book isn't for you
Lee
Mar 15, 2013 Lee rated it liked it
very cute patterns
will try with kids, making fabric pictures, non sewing
Karyn
Sep 24, 2012 Karyn rated it liked it
A library book I checked out because the cover looked cute. The projects look simple and quick. I made a few notes for future projects. I'll probably check the book out again.
Kristina
Jul 27, 2012 Kristina rated it it was amazing
Great ideas (with great photos) for easy to do whimsical projects.
Jocelynne Broderick
I love this book! So much fun!
Jess
Jul 13, 2011 Jess rated it it was ok
I liked the aesthetic of this book. but the projects weren't things I really wanted to make.
Anne
Apr 14, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing
Great ideas, easily adaptable
Chae
Chae rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
LGMF
LGMF rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Carrie Hill
Carrie Hill rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
crystal l machia
crystal l machia rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Carissa
Carissa rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2011
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2014
Melissa Turner
Melissa Turner rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Fernanda
Fernanda rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2011
Hanniferconnifer
Hanniferconnifer rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Georganne
Georganne rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Idle Hands-Crafts...: Book Discussion: Scandinavian Stitches 2 8 Oct 18, 2012 08:30PM
  • Sew Liberated: 20 Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist
  • Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love
  • Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching
  • Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy
  • Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts
  • Zakka Sewing: 25 Japanese Projects for the Household (Stc Craft)
  • A Rainbow of Stitches: Embroidery and Cross-Stitch Basics Plus More Than 1,000 Motifs and 80 Project Ideas
  • Seams to Me: 24 New Reasons to Love Sewing
  • Stitched in Time: Memory-Keeping Projects to Sew and Share from the Creator of Posie Gets Cozy
  • One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
  • Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects
  • The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker: 12 Quilt Projects
  • Built by Wendy Dresses: The Sew U Guide to Making a Girl's Best Frock
  • Oliver + S Little Things to Sew: 20 Classic Accessories and Toys for Children
  • Block Party: The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog & 12 Improvisational Projects
  • Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects
  • Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified