Peace: The Words and Inspiration of Mahatma Gandhi

Peace: The Words and Inspiration of Mahatma Gandhi

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  10 reviews
PEACE: The Words and Inspiration of Mahatma Gandhi is part of the new Me We book series from Blue Mountain ArtsA(R). Inspired by the life and philosophy of one of the 20th centuryas most remarkable humanitarians, this book combines compelling photographs of Gandhi with quotations from his most inspiring speeches and writings to capture the true essence of his timeless mess...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Blue Mountain Arts (first published 2007)

Julie
I bought this book a few years ago as I am so fascinated by the life of Gandhi. I think he was a great hero, actually so much more than that. Anyway, I enjoy quote books, and this is one of the most inspiring and thought-provoking examples I have encountered in a long while. And, it contains two bonuses: a forward from Desmond Tutu and a brief, but comprehensive biography of Gandhi's life. One of my favorite Gandhi quotes from this book is "Religions are different roads converging to the same po...more
Karianne
This is a small gift book that my husband got from a friend for his birthday last week. I cannot put it down and have been carrying it with me. The layout really speaks to me, I want to mark it up with word journaling and art journaling. Just what I have needed during the holiday season. I'm also ordering it for gifts and ordering the rest of the series.
Kerly Panora
Has the story started at the right place?

I must say I wasn't expecting much depth to be in the first few sentences of the book but it does start of very well it describes his life and how he began his journey, how his beliefs grew into something inspirational. How his words inspired others to do well and how others decided to rebel on his beliefs on nonviolence actions and how his words infuriated others. People believed that without violence a point couldn't be said across and taken in a seriou...more
Jeff
Wow so much to learn from this man who helped to shape a common revolution of commoners who ended up helping to bring down an entire system....and he did suffer alot, but he was able to make sure that the common people and others would be welcomed into his ideologies....it's fascinating to read his story.
Lori Tatar
To Gandhi, these were not just words but a way of living and enhancing humanity. If we were all able to take even one ideal and live it, the world would change immediately, and immeasurably for the better and for everyone.
Veronica
"...Gandhi was assassinated at his morning prayer meeting. The man who preached tolerance and nonviolence died instantly from three bullet wounds." Wonderfully insightful and tragically beautiful.
Paul
I'm sure this isn't the be all and end all on Ghandi's life, yet you can get a sense of how he was able to motivate so many people to change in a positive way.
Patricia Joynton

Interesting to take a "quote for the day" and ponder on it.
sara
a beautiful collection of his famous quotes...a nice gift book...
Paul
Wonderful and beautiful quotes/words from Mahatma Gandhi.
Hudson Mwalukumbi
Hudson Mwalukumbi marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Pankaj Charola
Pankaj Charola marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lisamarie
Lisamarie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Paul Nunan
Paul Nunan marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Balsam Abboud
Balsam Abboud marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Som Malik
Som Malik marked it as to-read
Asma
Asma marked it as to-read
Vijay Stin
Vijay Stin marked it as to-read
Diana
Diana added it
Jul 01, 2014
Bilad
Bilad marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Ayat warda
Ayat warda marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Nuryana Adelina
Nuryana Adelina is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Hagar Adel
Hagar Adel marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Baiju Patel
Baiju Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
  • Manhood
  • Realizing the Power of Now
  • Gandhi the Man: How One Man Changed Himself to Change the World
  • Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are: The Esoteric Meaning of the Monuments on Mars
  • The World of Perception
  • The Teaching of Buddha
  • What's a Disorganized Person to Do?
  • Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More
  • Throwim Way Leg: Tree-Kangaroos, Possums, and Penis Gourds
  • The One-Minute Organizer Plain & Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order
  • Positive Energy: 10 Extraordinary Prescriptions for Transforming Fatigue, Stress, and Fear into Vibrance, Strength, and Love
  • Action Philosophers Action philosophers!: the lives and thoughts of history's A-list brain trust told in a hip and humorous fashion, Vol. 1
  • Confessions of an Unbalanced Woman
  • The Art of Power
  • Freedom from Fear
  • The Rumi Collection
  • The Art of Happiness in a Troubled World
  • How to Cure a Fanatic
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing non-violent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for non-violence, civil rights and freedom across the world.

The son of a senior government official, Gandhi was born and raised in a Hindu Bania community in coastal Gu...more
More about Mahatma Gandhi...
The Story of My Experiments With Truth The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology of His Writings on His Life, Work, and Ideas On Non-Violence Non-Violent Resistance (Satyagraha) Hind Swaraj and Other Writings