Spring Break

Spring Break

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  20 reviews
“Help me . . .”

These are the last words Chanetelle hears from her friend Ashley, in a static-filled phone call that soon goes dead.Their trip to the island paradise of Artula started the way any trip should, and soon Chanetelle and her friends find themselves in sun-drenched days and party-hopping nights.The vacation is not without its conflicts, however, and old rivalries...more
Published March 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Spring Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Break

Tianna
_ This book was good. In the beginning it was kind of boring and I was going to stop reading it but then it started to get really good. Three college girls decided to spend the spring break in Artula , an island in the Caribbean. When they get there they are enjoying their time going clubbing and sun bathing on the beach. One night the three girls decided to go out to let go some stress because one of them were going through a terrible break up. While they are at the club some how they got separ...more
Kathryn Bain
This is one of those books that I'm not sure how well I like. It kept me reading because I wanted to see what happened to Chantelle's friend. Unfortunately some of the "hints" as to what happened were too cliche and just strange. The one reason for the disappearance they shoved down your throat, then it kind of died in the wind. The ending with the father arriving at the college was too unbelievable.

Good plot with the friend disappearing. The romance was okay, a bit too much with the electricit...more
Monique
Whoa its been a long time since I got to sit down, read a book and review it and I hope this is my comeback:) I always slow down around the holidays/birthday season in my house and in my first effort back picked up this thrill read about three college friends Erica, Chantelle and Ashley as they travel to the island of Artula for Spring Break..Close friends with the usual animosities, secrets and jealous moments the girls plan to have a good time and let loose in the club...Loose in all definitio...more
Merredith
I thought this was going to be a horror book, one of the kind like the movie where the college kids go to a random island for vacation on spring break, drink a lot, then start getting picked off one by one. The first couple things happened, but then it was just one girl who went missing, and her friend must find out what happened to her. So it ended up being better with more substance than i expected. the book developed slowly, then it was almost over and i thought, um, is this to be continued?...more
Lucy
This is a very intense read and it kept me guessing all the way until the end. I liked the fact that the story kept me engaged and wanting to know where Ashley was. But, I have to admit I was kind of disappointed at the end. I just sat there for a moment and thought, "Really?! Did that just happen?" But then... here is where the story gets really interesting. After you find out where Ashley was, you start to wonder why did the island natives act the way they did and if something more sinister wa...more
Laurel Horner
My head is still spinning after reading this book, this author has a tendency to do that to me. Glad that Ashley and her sister has their happy ending too bad the stepdad is not in the ground where he belongs.
Michelle M
Not as good as well never tell .... But still a page turner. I would recommend it.
Sharon
Ashely, Erica and Chanetelle are friends that is on spring break on the island of Artula where they are partying and having fun, this evening they are going to a hot spot in town. IN the club they are drinking and dancing when erica takes a pill from a guy and get sick. Chanetelle gos to look for ashley and cant find her so she take's erica back to the hotel where she is sick. That's the last time they seem ashley, what happen to her? it was a good read twist everywhere.
Miesha
Jan 13, 2011 Miesha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: MATURE teenage girls
Recommended to Miesha by: A friend
Wow I'm suprised at how goos this book was. I thought it would be just a silly book that was non sense, but it was a real page turner. I will warn you that it has ALOT of cursing and ALOT of..you know what. So don't read if you are immature. Lol. But anyways it was a good little mystery..but there was this one part that scared the heck out of me. But yeah. I found it hard to put down. You will be very impressed from beginning to end.
Heather
Boy,there are lots of books with this title. This one takes relevant news items and gives us the where, why, and when of a college girl who disappears on vacation during Spring Break. Perrin delights readers with twists and unexpected turns often enough to keep you turning pages. Her characterization, descriptions and plot threads all work together to make a fantastic thriller read.
Karyn Davis
I loved this book because it reminded me or "We'll Never Tell." This book kept you guessing until the last page. I am so looking forward (and Girl Fridayz Book Club) to Ms. Perrin doing a sequel to "We'll Never Tell." If you haven't read any books by Kayla Perrin...you're missing out on some good reading. Pick up one her books today, you'll thank me!!
Nati
I just finished reading Spring Break by Kayla Perrin. I'd have to give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. I must say that when I first started reading the book, it reminded me of the Natalie Hollaway case. But overall, I think the book had some sudden suprises and an ending I didn't expect. If your looking for a quick easy read, I would recommend this one.

Barbara
The island is beautiful, the mystery is dark, and I was kept guessing until the end after three coeds visit the island paradise, but only two return home. The ending left me a little unhappy, but it had that Kayla Perrin twist, meaning I never guessed until I was hit between the eyes.
Evelyn
I was suspicious of almost everyone as I read this book! In the end it was not as I thought it would be! Therefore, I considered this a good book (I hate it when I can guess 'who dunnit" right off the bat). I like it and I'll be reading more books by this author for sure!
Rhina M. Finley
I give this book five stars. Very intense and fast pace read. My first reading by this author, I look forward to reading more of her work.
Christine
Really good easy read. It kept me wanting to turn the page and see what else was next.
Revae
This book was full of suspense and plot twists! A good read, definitely.
Lezlie (Nancy)
I liked this book, this was crazy & scary but good story.
Kimberly
chantelle was a retard but meant well.
Sheila
it was interesting.
Kay
Kay added it
Sep 14, 2014
Terry Meriwether
Terry Meriwether marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Tameka Johnson
Tameka Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Kaisha Wilson
Kaisha Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Dianna
Dianna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Malinda Roland
Malinda Roland marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Alisha Mcelroy
Alisha Mcelroy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Kaciee Sinclair
Kaciee Sinclair marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Obsession Getting Even The Sisters of Theta Phi Kappa: A Novel Getting Some We'll Never Tell