Start by marking “Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)” as Want to Read:
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,110 ratings  ·  70 reviews
In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Published December 7th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published March 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Library Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Wars

Yodamom
Guns, guns, guns, this library system seems to have guns hidden on everyone. It's not uncommon to have somebody shooting at you while trying to check out a book that is deemed unacceptable. Yes this series is all about banned books, and censure by radical groups. It's also about love of the heart and of the deed of goodness. I love how these characters will put their life on the line to keep one book in the system. The romance is blossoming and is sweet to watch.
Off to book 4
Angela Davis
I can honestly say that this series just keeps getting funnier. I originally picked it up because of the library police theme but I can't seem to put it down. Kasahara and Dojo's interactions are funnier than ever and she still doesn't realize that Dojo is her "prince."

This volume digs further into the issue of the MBC and the Library's fight about censorship. We are introduced to 2 children who want to make a stand against their school library being closed to them. We also learn more about Kas
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
I'm really liking the manga so far. Especially the slow build friendship between the MC and Dojo. Its kind of sweet, even if they bicker but you can tell they'll have each other's back. I like that. Anyway, good volume.
Ivana Ciglar

"The war is coming to our front door again." - Kazuichi Inamine

The Volume starts with the Board of Education speech on protecting children from the danger of books. The Library is allowing their protests in front of their establishment as a guarantee of the freedom of speech, regardless of their opinion on it. The problem arises when two young boys throw firecrackers into the crowd as a way of fighting back or expressing their discontent with the Board of Education's action on pulling most of th
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Iku is witness to a disturbance during a Board of Education speech on protecting children from the danger of books. The perpetrators are two young boys protesting the banning of their favorite books. But while Iku wants to reach out to the next generation of book lovers, Dojo insists that they can't play favorites. Will Dojo's prickly insistence on sticking to the rules ruin their budding friendship?

My Thoughts:

Iku and Dojo have some good moments in this volume, but they have some bad o
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Sarah Maddaford
I don't like that for most guys the first reaction to a dangerous situation is to try and protect the girl by removing her from it. If a girl is capable enough to get the same job as a guy, then she should be expected to do everything in that job. My only concession for this instance is that protecting someone important isn't entirely without danger especially in the political climate of this series. That's why the Secret Service are so well trained. I also wanted to see more of Shibazaki and Te ...more
Rachel
Val
Summary: In the near future the Japanese Federal Government creates a team to remove unsuitable books from the public. Libraries and local governments band together to protect their collections with the help of a military group called the Library defense forces. Iku had dreamed of joining this special team since she was in high school. Will she be the first woman on the team or will her impossible instructor keep her from her dream?

Themes: From Books in Print
Manga
Comics/Graphic Novels
Fantasy

The
Amanda Butler
The first book was promising, and the second book was less than so. The third book has some problematic elements. The main love interest keeps hitting Iku, the protagonist, whenever she makes a mistake, which is supposed to come off as a running joke, but it's uncomfortable to read. This series is unfortunately addicting, and I know I won't be able to stop reading them. I feel like I'm reading about a high school rather than an army, but I guess that's what shojo is. Iku's sole purpose throughou ...more
Sasha K
Library love and war is my favourite book! A strong female, Kasahara Iku, joins to military and has a nice dream & romance! Otherwise, there three parts of Translation (to English) light novels related to the same Library love & war.
If you wish to read three novels, go to visit website: http://toshosen-tsl.livejournal.com/. I think light Novels Translation is rather detail info than sort of summarize manga books.
Astrid Yrigollen
I didn't really this volume of Toshakan Senso ( Library Wars) It seemed not to be going anywhere with the kidnapping of the director.
But the thing that really bothered me was that Dojo slaps the main girl... Again.
It's not the playful hitting , but the mean " I ' m correcting you " abuse.
I do not feel comfortable with reading stuff like that because I think it reinforces negative behaviors and the acceptance of them. It makes them seem normal and really, no one should hit anyone.
I just read up t
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

This is the volume where the action gets hot and the main plot takes a turn for the serious. There is an organized demonstration outside the library but someone disrupts it by setting off firecrackers and later on a very important private collection has been donated to the library which contains files and videos of the early library wars and the government would like to confiscate them badly. To protect the transfer the library's elite squad must battle the
Jess
I love this series so much it’s so funny. I love how Iku sees the little boys as a great cause and she looks to help them express their opinion to adults. This was my favorite one so far out of the series. I love that Iku is so impulsive and passionate. Then the fact that she is totally oblivious to the men around her. You can see how she makes people better and that she is always trying to her best. Also I can under stand why Iku is ad now at dojo but at the same time I understand why he did wh ...more
Kimberly
Hmmm... This volume really bothered me with the way Dojo treated Iku, the decision he made for her. I like their romance, but the fact that he's her superior and he treats her differently because he has feelings for her really bothers me a lot. The decision he made for her was not only embarrassing for her but could have been damaging to her career.
Elaine
Okay, so I'm officially hooked on the series. Read two in two days and was disappointed the next one wasn't on the shelf. Not sure why I'm so interested since I think the main character is annoying and it's driving me nuts that I can't tell some of the characters apart due to how they're drawn. But I'm hooked.
I love his series so much. The character are beautifully developed and they also seem to fit the scenes in the manga very well. Not to mention that the manga has books and guns all rolled into one! This really is an enjoyable manga for those craving some action.
Chloe
This was a fast read! I adore the cover on this volume. The story is really picking up, and I find myself quite enjoying the angsty love side of things. The premise is just so much fun and I love it.
Jocelyne
October 2013: 5 Stars
As wonderful as I remembered! I may be biased, because I adore this series with all my heart, but this was yet another great volume. It made me laugh out loud and smile like an idjit. The characters are so brilliantly fleshed out as well! They're so realistic, and their personalities are so brilliantly defined. The artwork is gorgeous too <3
Reeeeeaaaaally wish I had volume 4 right about now!! I'd forgotten about this aspect of the story arc! At least they didn't end the l
Elizabeth
This is my current favorite ongoing manga series. I love the concept, and the way the issues with censorship are presented do not bog down the story. It’s a little more action oriented than many shojo manga, but this suits both the plot and the combination of drama and comedy. I love the characters. The core cast is incredibly engaging, and their dynamics make for both great comedy and great drama. There are currently six volumes released in North America. The seventh volume is due out in early ...more
Samantha
I just keep getting all the characters confused.
Joanna
So cute. Can't wait to start the next one.
Estara
I just love this josei series that has much of a shoujo school crush feel, but with the background of militant media censoring and what free information and free speech really mean - amazing as a topic for a Japanese mangaka I would have thought.

I love the various characters and root for the canon main relationship. I adored the anime as well ^^. So far the manga fleshes out the interactions better and we get more little glimpses in side stories, but the anime seems to have been pretty faithful
Beth
On the one hand, the Library Wars series continues to display a pretty frustrating number of moments where it patronizes and belittles its female characters. I haven't read enough shojo manga to know if this is just a convention of the genre or what, but...yeah. Not so much a fan of that aspect.

On the other? It's gun-toting librarians defending Japan from the evils of censorship. HOW CAN I NOT KEEP READING IT.

Conflicted I remain, but so far, my starry-eyed enjoyment over the premise continues to
Jean
I enjoyed this volume. It deals with the continuing powerplay between the MBC and Library Forces. We also are back to the issue with Kasahara's deception about her actual role with the library to her parents and Dojo's brusque treatment of her while masking his care for her.

I love that Dojo has Komaki who points the underlying truths to him as Kasahara has Shibasaki to tell her the real reasons behind Dojo's actions.

Very exciting build up and cliffhanger. I can't wait to get the next volume.
Rachel
This is really getting more interesting. The plot surrounding the libraries thickens! And Kashara and Dojo just need to kiss and get it over with! This is driving me crazy but they're so cute!
I read this all in one day XD
Selena
My friend was right. It does get better.

Let's see if it can keep it up.
Bry
Ok so yeah - this serious is total crack for the brain. My library didn't have vol. 3 for some reason even though it carried 1,2, and 4 (but whatever) so I used a Border's coupon bought vol. 3, loved it, reprinted the couple 3 more times and bought vol. 1,2, and 4.

Yeah....CRACK.

Granted I love books, libraries, reading, and insane amounts of adorable fluff revolving around mistaken identity and secret loves, but still crack!

READ IT! LOL!
Emma
Jun 06, 2014 Emma rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Book three in the 'Library Wars' Manga. I love this series! It continues to explore issues like censorship and freedom for libraries to choose collections. This issue had SUCH an exciting ending!!! I love how Kasahara is progressing in terms of maturity and accepting responsibility, but her core still remains the same. The bonus manga at the end was hilarious! Also, I like how detailed and precise the artwork is - it's one of my favourite styles.
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 2
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 03
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 05 (Dawn of the Arcana, #5)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 11
  • Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3)
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 3 (Mixed Vegetables, #3)
  • Otomen, Vol. 3 (Otomen, #3)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 03 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #3)

Library Wars: Love & War (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 01 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 9 (Library Wars: Love & War, #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 10 (Library Wars: Love & War, #10)
  • 図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 01 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)