Start by marking “Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound (Wicked, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound (Wicked, #3-4)
Preview

Wicked 2: Legacy & Spellbound (Wicked #3-4)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  7,736 ratings  ·  195 reviews

Special edition includes the third and fourth books in this captivating series

Holly Cathers is not the same person she was almost a year and a half ago. After discovering her connection to an ancient legacy of witches, Holly has accepted her destiny as a descendant of the House of Cahors. She is determined to end an intergenerational feud that has plagued her family fo
Published May 11th 2010 by Simon Pulse (first published October 2nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wicked 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked 2

Loren
Oct 30, 2007 Loren rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 15s
Camilla
The book was ok, but I still can't get into them (the series I mean).

What annoys me the most, is that the authors constantly repeat what the reader already knows. Just to make sure that we get it all. Well I did the first time as I'm sure most readers will.

Still it has some good elements and as I've come this far, I will read the next book (which I think is the last? Not sure though...)
Skye
I read Wicked 2: Legacy and Spellbound by Nancy Holder, and Debbie Viguié. This book is one of the best book’s I’ve ever read. It’s got a lot of suspense, action, fight’s, comedy, and even some history of witches even though I don’t know if it’s real or not but I believe some of it is. They change the point of view from character to character and I love when a book does that. I liked that they had a lot of characters and I usually don’t like that but the authors made it very easy to follow. The ...more
Nicole
Well if you've already decided to continue reading this series, then you're already doomed. This one was just as plagued with poor writing and editing and a mediocre plot as the first, so don't expect anything better than Wicked 1.
Catherine
Wicked: Witch and Curse proved to be a very strong introduction to the world of witches and warlocks, of Cahors and Deveraux, of rivals covens and magics, and Wicked: Legacy and Spellbound does a very good job of continuing the story the first set up while also expanding the world, the characters and a lot of the backstory. Unfortunately some of these aspects added layers of confusion on some matters while they supplied clarification on others, and with more characters being introduced (even a ...more
Heather Dalgarno
Let me preface this review by saying that basically, this is not a good book, and I wouldn't recommend it....

The premise is that there has been a centuries long feud between two families of black magic witches in which each seeks the total destruction of the other by any means necessary. Several hundred years ago the families married their heirs - Jean and Isabeau - to try to steal each others secrets. Jean and Isabeau appear to be a sort of magically bound Romeo and Juliet. They die by betrayin
P.
Yeah I read this one... Really without knowing what was happening in the beginning of the book... Because as I said... My dog chewed up the other one... So I really didn't know what happened to Holly or Jer or Nichole or Amanda or Elliot... I really didn't... But luckily Nancy Holder is such a great author that within few sentences of the first page... I knew exactly what was happening... Thank goodness for that=)
Lavana Sanchez
Legacy
I didn't think that Holly would be apart of the witches kinda thing and not only that but she is a leader shocking right but any way i'm glad that she found Jer which he was captured by Eli and James and Nicole was James wife ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Also that i'm glad that Nicole, Holly, and Amanda join together creating a sister bond and also Jer Philippe and Holly also join together making a Tri-Coven didn't excepted that to happen.

Spellbound
I didn't think that Jer should of acted like he didn
Shelly
I had a tough time getting into this book. The first book in this one was boring for me. Took much longer for me to read it, I started two other books before I finished the first half. The second half, was very interesting and exciting. The ending was crazy. I had to make a special trip to the library to pick up the next one. Overall entertaining, but touch and go.
Stephanie Blohm
I ran to buy this one as son as I finished the first one. Not only do I enjoy the material of this book but I'm also elated that it is a thick book. I also feel that I'm definatly getting my money worth with the book as it is thick AND I enjoyed it. I find Holly to be a favorite character as she is corruptable, something which is lacking from most heroines and heros.
Cindy
This one was better for me and I'm excited to see how the series ended. Didn't like the first one, but this set was better and pulled me into the story. Off to find the final book!
Kitten Kisser
It might be somewhat unclear on the Amazon page, but this is a small fat paperback book that is two books in one & they are a part of the Wicked series. Legacy & Spellbound. There are two books prior to this, you may want to consider reading them first if you haven't already done so. It will not ruin reading this compilation, but you will miss out on the detailed beginnings.
This is one of those easy to read & highly entertaining style of books. A rather dark book & I think that m
Kayla
I was so incredibly angry when I finished this book. This was a very dark and deliciously twisted series and though it has been a few years I remember flipping feverishly through its pages. Only to reach the end of four books and find that it had no ending, it just stopped, not even like a normal cliffhanger that leaves you with unanswered yet interesting questions and begging to know what comes next. It was as if the writer simply stopped writing in the middle of thought. It was like a body wit ...more
Tracy
Book 4 (inside of this book 2) was the best of the books I think. The torturous angst and darkness starts to part. Each character is allowed to see the light at the end of tunnel. The writing seemed to have more purpose and the characters seemed to have realistic challenges and depth. Well, with the exception of Niccole who experiences an interesting life altering experience. As usual the book ends in a cliffhanger related to the new character, who is VERY polite and ominous. I cannot wait to se ...more
Amber Harris
Talk about authors who have absolutely no qualms about killing off characters. My respect to both of them, I haven't quite the stomach for it, at least not yet. The Wicked series started off to me as uninteresting, but Holly's sudden villainous streak coupled with the co-authors' devious and successful attempts to draw me in at the very end of the book caught me ordering this baby off Borders.com (many coupons attached, I am a college student after all).

Legacy outdid both Witch and Curse, as far
Tammy
I am actually giving this 2 1/2 stars.... This I s a story about a powerful witch that is kidnapped by a powerful warlock. He kidnaps her because he wants to use his power to control everything and everyone and he doesn't care who he hurts in the process even if it is his own sons. His son Jer happens to love Holly though so he rebels against his dad and meets up with other witches and warlocks who are trying to find Holly.

I liked the basis of the storyline I just don't like how it was written.
Lea (YA Book Queen)
Legacy and Spellbound are novels 3 and 4 of the Wicked series.

Holder and Viguie deliver again with the action and battles in the third and fourth installments in the Wicked series.

The war against Michael Deveraux is darker than ever in Legacy & Spellbound, and I was not disappointed with all the action. I was actually surprised, because Holly spends most of Spellbound in an altered state of mind. Spellbound really became the other characters story, and I was actually cool with it. Nicole ha
Marie Curfman
the series is getting really good, although quite aggravated with the number of careless mistakes in book 4 (Spellbound). in one sentence Nicole is saying the bedroom James took her to is not the same bedroom as the one at Supreme Coven HQ, next sentence she's saying he repaired the broken door and took his things from the hidden cubby in the headboard. @@ there were tons of careless things like this, the most aggravating of which occurred at times where people were being listed at an event, and ...more
Bryer Cole
Apr 18, 2012 Bryer Cole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adults & Adults with open minds
In this one, there was a lot of new characters introduced, hidden talents of old characters blossoming, new emotions or maybe unknown emotions coming forth from everyone involved, new adorable couplings, a strong, steady and consistent concept and two really amazing, shocking and huge plot twists. At first I thought it would be a bit much, but they both blind-side you so well and mix together deliciously that it was a "perfect" twist. They weren't over bearing or obvious. They were subtle and sn ...more
Yola NY
ow ow
ini lebih seru dibanding buku 2nya..

holly bareng kelompok sihirnya masih dalam tahap buronan, tapi skaligus mrka dalam perjalanan bt nyelamatin Nicole, yg denger-denger di"sekap" di markas besar penyihir tertinggi. disni, holly dkk ketemu ama kelompok sihirnya philippe dalam suatu penyerangan demon-demon. hmm, dsni juga byk tokoh-tokoh baru yg ngebantu holly, ada joel (euh, homo yah dia?) rose, trus papanya si kembar juga udah mulai sadar, gak dlm fase trance-nya lagi.

seattle dan san fransi
08kyannat
Prictice review

This book is about three young ladies who are the cather witches but don't worrie they are good witches. but Holly Cathers was going to go on an edvenger with for parents and for best friend. She was going to have a blast but he best friend said that her mom got sick and she could not come. so it was just Holly her friend and her parents.well while they were on a boat they all drowend but Holly when Holly woke up she was in the hospital.
Her aunt was there in the room. Then Barb
Alisha
It's hard for me to separate the two books since I read them as one, but I think I enjoyed the first more then the second. The third book in the series started off where the second left off. Holly's coven is preparing to fight Michael, Nicole has ran off, and the witches feel pretty defeated. Nicole's side story was pretty interesting, along with some of the flashbacks to Cahors of the past.
Then the whole thing starts to go downhill, with a magical pregnancy, forced marriage, suddenly their we
Angelic Zaizai
okay.. lanjut ke buku 3 dan 4-nya, kesian udah ampir setahun tergeletak :D

Legacy

Holly's coven yang sudah makin mahir sihirnya, sekarang berada di London
untuk menyelamatkan Nicole - dan Jer kalau bisa.
Holly di sini nyebelin banget, mungkin ini kali ya bedanya dengan buku lain, kalo tokoh utamanya ga seratus persen baik :))
tapi tokoh jahatnya mah 300 persen jahat - Michael Deveraux gitu loh

Nicola dan Jer bebas - tapi Seattle dan San Fransisco under attack
jadi mereka balik lagi kesana

Waktu menjeng
Cece
I read the first two books in this series about a year or two ago, I don't remember exactly when. I bought both books without knowing anything about them. They're a lot darker than I was expecting and I wasn't prepared for that so it took me by surprise-not in a good way. If I had been expecting it I probably would have really liked this series. I love the idea and the story line. There is enough mystery and suspense in them to keep you interested and reading. I have a love hate relationship wit ...more
Vivienne

Why have I given this 3 stars?

It really has quite a bonkers plot though I have a soft spot for those over-the-top Hammer Horror films of the 60s and there are here in the pitch black if-it-moves-sacrifice-it of the baddies that would work well in that kind of story.

I can see the appeal to teens, though I seriously hope that no one gets the impression that this is what being a witch is like in real life. The body count here rivals '24' and the number of demons and pyrotechnics makes 'Charmed' l
Nicole
Very good continuation of the series. I'm happy to be learning more about Holly's background through Veronica and Ginny Cathers.

Very good, but wasn't what I was expecting. I thought this book would be the end, since I had thought they'd been written a while back. But it looks like Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie are going to be writing a fifth. I look forward to that.

Samantha Oledan
Finally I was able to finish this book! Due to my hectic schedule in school, I wasn't able to read..

Anyway, this is the second installment of the wicked series. The story was so dark, complete with witches, warlocks, monster and demons. It was about two Houses battling for the ultimate power... uh, actually, three Houses, including the Supreme Coven.

I really like how the authors combine the past events with the present. There were many flashbacks that would explain eventually why things happen a
Dianne
...so a lot more was going on and became easier to follow along, minus the part where not one but two authors, as well as the editors overlook a significant detail:

towards the end of 'legacy' on page 310 "James and Eli deflected it all easily. Laughing, they both strode to Nicole, grabbed her arms and before anyone else realized what was happening, they tossed her into the portal and barreled in after her. It disappeared."

we continue now with 'spellbound,' page 73 "The band - Kari, Tommy, Amanda
Jess
So my favourite characters always get attacked.Typical.But seriously, the book is great(But better than 1/2) I have kind of gone off Holly (Murderous cow) but I love Amanda Anderson and Tommy Nagai. I prefer their love story to Jer's and Holly's. They have practically grown up together in love and only find out during a battle(of all the places for realisation)
Keegan
legacy was a good read and so was spellbound but I feel that some of the characters are not as developed as others because when some characters die I felt nothing and I just feel that the characters could be better developed. I love the past history of the two families and holly and Jer it's sad he didn't choose her but he could have and it bothered me so much they didn't end up together at the end of this book.
My book is missing about 30 pages...?? 1 34 Feb 20, 2009 12:03PM
  • Sweep: Volume 3  (Sweep, #7-9)
  • Witch Season: Summer & Fall
  • The Den of Shadows Quartet (Den of Shadows, #1-4)
  • No Time to Die & The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #3-4)
  • The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Revealers
  • Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2)
  • Daughters of the Moon, Volume 1 (Daughters of the Moon, #1-3)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t
More about Nancy Holder...

Wicked (5 books)
  • Witch (Wicked, #1)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Legacy (Wicked, #3)
  • Spellbound (Wicked, #4)
  • Resurrection (Wicked, #5)
Resurrection (Wicked, #5) Wicked: Witch & Curse (Wicked, #1-2) Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1) The Rose Bride: A Retelling of "The White Bride and the Black Bride" (Once Upon a Time Fairytales) Crusade (Crusade, #1)

“Ostara, if one dies while in these othere states of consciousness, one dies indeed. this begs the question, are dreams truly only ever dreams?” 20 likes
“Earth, Ashes to ashes and dust to dust in mother earth we place our trust and as we cycle through our years we water it with blood and tears...” 16 likes