Start by marking “The Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight” as Want to Read:
The Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight

The Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Your fantasy diet-chocolate, bread, and caffeine-is here!For those accustomed to thinking of diets as deprivation, former gymnast and doctor Melissa Hershberg has developed a food plan that breaks all the cardinal rules of dieting. Offering medical insight on why common diet myths (like eating five times a day) don't work, she presents dozens of rule-breaking "Try-it" acti ...more
Published April 9th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published February 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Rebel Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rebel Diet

Pitrat
Interesting. I've never read a diet book before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I liked:
- the fact that she's a doctor
- the fact that she's Canadian, so the products she talks about are available in my country
- the specific examples of different menu options for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- chill attitude

I didn't like the swearing; it kind of cheapened it and made it seem as though she was trying to dumb herself down so we didn't think she was just a snooty doctor.
Heather
I love all the great info on nutrition in this book. I thought I knew a lot about nutrition but I still learned a lot from this author. I also really love all the specific product recommendations and that the author is Canadian so I know I can find these products at my local Superstore. BUT, she has such a potty mouth! There is a fair bit of swearing so that is why the book only gets 4 stars from me.
Cristina
Some parts were reparative, but it had great ideas. I love how she's canadian so its easy to
find the products she suggested. All I need to do now is try some of her meal plans and recipes
Iris
This book is actually very helpful.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Ashwini Sane
Ashwini Sane marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Linda
Linda added it
Apr 08, 2013
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
The Book
The Book marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2011
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Sep 15, 2010
Hortencia
Hortencia marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2010
CJ
CJ added it
Mar 23, 2010
The Hershberg Diet: Discover How the 4th Macro Can Help You Shed Pounds and Beat the Metabolic Syndrome Rebel Diet: Break the Rules, Lose the Weight