Start by marking “The Everything Toddler Book: From Controlling Tantrums to Potty Training, Practical Advice to Get You and Your Toddler Through the Formative Years” as Want to Read:

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The toddler years are an exciting and rewarding time, as your child learns to stand, walk, say words, and use the potty for the first time. Yet, along with all of these incredible milestones come all sorts of daunting parental challenges-from continuous cries in the middle of the night to the first boo-boos to erratic eating habits to public temper tantrums. What is a pare ...more
Published December 18th 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published March 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Toddler Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Toddler Book

Kathleen Garber
This was an awesome toddler handbook. This is a long review. If you don't want to read the whole thing, scroll down and scan for the bolded parts. These are the most important points.

Chapters are: One Giant Leap for Baby, Communication Coups, Growing Bodies, Brain Power, The Road to Independence, Potty Proud, Safety First, Doling out Discipline, Food Fiesta, Sleepy Time, Fun and Games, Parenting Tricks and Tips and Super Toddlers There is also an Appendix of what toddlers should be learning at w
Rachael
There was some really good and useful advice, which I will absolutely incorporate into my parenting style. But there were also some heavy-handed portions with "recommendations" for cloth diapering and co-sleeping that, while I agree work for some people, are not things I would expect to be preached at from a book where I was looking for phases and stages advice. Those are more things I would expect from a book geared towards newborns. At this stage of the game, I imagine parents have likely alre ...more
Lydia
Lots of quick little segments--covering everything (just like the title said). My biggest problem was that it dealt more with the infant side of toddlers than with the older side. My girls are 1 1/2 and barely 3...I wanted something a little more their age.
Mandie
This was okay. I only read part of it and it explained a lot of things, but didn't give many idea on how to deal with toddler behavior. I really liked the Parenting with Love book better.
Kathleen Sharp
I loved the fun and games section! It gave me lots of good ideas for things to do with my one-year-old. The chapters on bedtime and potty training were helpful as well.
Dawn Williamson
Sep 21, 2009 Dawn Williamson is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
A good reference book. It's not pretentious and doesn't have unrealistic helpful tips. It's been a good "check-in" source for me just to make sure I'm on track! ;)
Rachel C
If you've never been around toddlers, or just need to remind yourself of some common sense ideas, this is the book for you.
Tricia
Decent advice, but pretty basic. Nothing "new" here, but it is a good reference for simple ideas.
Victoria
Useful, but not revolutionary. I think I could have figured out most of this on my own.
Kelly
Just started reading.
Anastasiya
Anastasiya is currently reading it
Jun 23, 2015
Marianne Miller
Marianne Miller marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Dez
Dez is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2015
Jenni
Jenni added it
Mar 21, 2015
Chelsea (CrackABook)
Chelsea (CrackABook) marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Kjerstin
Kjerstin marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Ashley Cassidy
Ashley Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Early-Start Potty Training The Everything Tween Book: A Parent's Guide to Surviving the Turbulent Pre-Teen Years The Everything Potty Training Book: Professional, Reassuring Advice to Help You and Your Child Through This Challenging Time The Everything Parent's Guide to Children with ADD/ADHD: A Reassuring Guide to Getting the Right Diagnosis, Understanding Treatments, and Helping Your Child Focus Mommy Rescue Guide: Potty Training: Lifesaving Techniques and Advice for an Easy Transition