Start by marking “Gun-Shy Bride” as Want to Read:
Gun-Shy Bride

Gun-Shy Bride (Whitehorse, MT: Winchester Ranch #1)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

The discovery of human bones not far from the Winchester Ranch rocked the small town and its deputy sheriff, McCall Winchester. The grave held answers to questions that had long haunted her, and nothing would stop her from getting them...not even the return of Luke Crawford.

Luke wasn't about to be pushed out of McCall's life again. Not when she needed him the most. The blu
Published (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gun-Shy Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gun-Shy Bride

Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Sep 05, 2013 Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.. Part of an amazing series.. :)
The first time I came across a book by B.J. Daniels, it was by accident. I was not very keen on romances and so I had practically passed judgement on the book without even reading it once!!
But when I read the book, I loved it so much that I read more of her books and have never looked back since... :)

As I can confidently claim now, B.J. Daniels is one author who never disappoints. All her books are a treat and that is the reason she is a highly acclaimed author who has written more than fifty bo
Mojca
Sheriff’s deputy McCall Winchester is the first on sight after a discovery of a shallow grave and boy, is she in for a huge surprise. She finds an old hunting card buried among the bones. A card bearing her father’s name, the man who apparently split town twenty-seven years ago, leaving her mother pregnant and the town abuzz with rumors.

The DNA confirms the body is (or was) really her father and McCall ends up removed from the investigation, but not before she stirs the pot enough for someone to
Victoria
Feb 05, 2014 Victoria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There was literally one romantic scene in this book. It was about a murder that doesn't get solved until the last few pages of the book. Strange...Not sure if I want to continue with Harlequin Intrigue.
Rachel
Jun 22, 2010 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book well enough, it was a quick and interesting read, all of these are. But you can only go so far with the titles. I mean, Gun-Shy Bride? This in no way describes the main character, and the fact is, when she was asked, in the last 10 pages she was quick to say yes. One can only assume then that it is discussing the killer but she was in no way "gun-shy"...so the authors/edititors/title gods need to do more thinking when it comes to giving an accurate title to a book.
Miranda
It was a pretty good storyline but kind of a cookie cutter of Cardwell Ranch. A body is found, a girl tries to investigate as an ex-lover from years ago comes back and the girl's life is on the line. Same as the other book. Interesting to read, I enjoyed it and there is another book after this and I just don't feel up to reading it. The main mystery was solved and it left off with a "supposed" cliff hanger but I just wasn't that curious to find out.
Jamie DeBree
Apr 01, 2010 Jamie DeBree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very "intriguing"...a nice blend of mystery and romance, with a good bit of suspense at the end.
Theresa
Sep 01, 2013 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another good book. not sure about the story with the title tho. that's y only 4stars.
Donna
Apr 28, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book.
Mischa Kelvin
Mischa Kelvin marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Loyd Dennis
Loyd Dennis rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Ayotomiwa
Ayotomiwa marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Joanne Blondina
Joanne Blondina marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Kerry  sullivan
Kerry sullivan marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Bernadette A. Stuart
Bernadette A. Stuart rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Mical
Mical marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Roger Hale
Roger Hale rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Mary Nipper
Mary Nipper marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Tiffany Whitfield
Tiffany Whitfield marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Margo
Margo rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Sujan Dey
Sujan Dey marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Angela Jarvis
Angela Jarvis marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • The Secret of Cypriere Bayou (Shivers, #5)
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2; The Precinct #14)
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
B.J. Daniels' life dream was to be a policewoman. After a career as an award-winning newspaper journalist, she wrote and sold 37 short stories before she finally wrote her first book. Since then she has won numerous awards including a career achievement award last year for romantic suspense.

She lives in Montana with her husband, Parker, two Springer Spaniels, Jem and Spot, and a temperamental tomc
More about B.J. Daniels...

Whitehorse, MT: Winchester Ranch (6 books)
  • Hitched!