The Shadow of a Noose

The Shadow of a Noose (Danny Duggin #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  7 reviews
As the story of the Strange family--introduced in "Death Rides a Chestnut Mare"--continues, Tim and Jed Strange are on the brink of losing the family farm. They head west hoping to find their sister, but find trouble instead. Accused of a murder they didn't commit, they're on the run, and seeking the real killers.
Published March 1st 2000 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow of a Noose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow of a Noose

Rodger
so why would I read the sequal of a book I rated only one star? good question. The unbelievable journey of the heroine continues. I discovered the book is a trilogy, so I have also ordered the third in the series. If you are looking for a good western pick up Louis LaAmour or Elmer Kelton. Don't even't think about Ralph Compton. The last two books in this series were written by Ralph Cotton as Compton passed away.
Hannah Dorah
I read the 1st book and I'm the kinda person that if a sequel comes out I GOTTA read it :P
It was a good continuation of the plot but the longer the story goes on the more cliches you run into. I liked it!
Will Welton
Of course this book was interesting to read as all of his works. I have found very few of his books which were not well written..
Kaj Samuelsson
A very interesting book. The first 20 pages did not interest me much, but then after that the book really caught me.
Cindy
Danny is more of a real character in this one but still ... Had such high hopes.
Midge
Not as good as the first one in my opinion but still a good book.
Morgan
It was ok.. I am a much bigger fan of the first one
James Love
James Love marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Val Richman
Val Richman is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Ryan Masters
Ryan Masters marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Ginny
Ginny added it
Apr 27, 2014
John Harvie
John Harvie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Jim Culver
Jim Culver marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ralph Compton (April 11, 1934—September 16, 1998) was an American writer of western fiction.

A native of St. Clair County, Alabama, Compton began his writing career with a notable work, The Goodnight Trail, which was chosen as a finalist for the Western Writers of America "Medicine Pipe Bearer Award" bestowed upon the "Best Debut Novel". He was also the author of the Sundown Rider series and the Bo...more
More about Ralph Compton...
The Dawn of Fury (Trail of the Gunfighter, #1) Death Rides a Chestnut Mare (Danny Duggin, #1) The Killing Season (Trail of  the Gunfighter, #2) Autumn of the Gun (Trail of the Gunfighter #3) The Goodnight Trail (Trail Drive #01)