Slug Bread and Beheaded Thistles: Amusing & Useful Techniques for Nontoxic Housekeeping and Gardening

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  12 reviews
New unread copy. Different cover design. First Broadway Books trade paperback edition - 2000. Clean and unmarked copy. Mild shelf wear from normal handling. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Published May 16th 2000 by Broadway Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Slug Bread and Beheaded Thistles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slug Bread and Beheaded Thistles

Leslie
This book has given me a major complex! Who knew vinegar was the miracle substance of the century. I don't know if it was smart to read this right before I started planting, and killing my weeds with deadly, skin-killing, sex inhibiting, earth hating poisons!
What was I thinking!
Holy crap I'm scared now.
Eryn
Favorite Quote: Head lice can be killed by wrapping the afflicted head in a vinegar soaked towel. (Do not remove the head before doing this; it should remain attached to the body, no matter how angry you are at the child for bring lice home!)
Mcav0y
Jun 18, 2008 Mcav0y rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mcav0y by: Julie
Shelves: instructional
great ideas... wondered how effective some of them were. Living in Alaska, we are lucky not to have many of the problems listed, so I will fortunately won't get to try them out any time soon.
Cheri
An amusing little collection of ideas and things, and certainly a good starting point from which to pursue a variety of options in further depth elsewhere
Julie
Some great little "tips & tricks" without chemicals! Since I'm recently obsessed with my garden, I just loved this one!
Jenn
Great book, if you're looking for more non-toxic ways of gardening and house cleaning.... VINEGAR has so many uses! lol
Randa
A must read for anyone. As many tips on interior household cleaning formulas as exterior pest solutions.
Elizabeth
Green and cheap organic gardening solutions, most of which you've already got in your home.
Da277
Informative book with tons of tips on natural solutions to everyday problems.
Ranunculus
Somewhat antiquated, but otherwise fun, informative and useful.
Astrid
Good gardening and home care tips written in a humorous manner.
Michelle
Another fun read by Sandbeck, a good tabletop book.
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Rae Blake
Rae Blake marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Mary Davis
Mary Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Jenna Kelemen
Jenna Kelemen marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Mary Clark
Mary Clark marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Jason Manford
Jason Manford marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Nontoxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money, And, Perhaps, Your Sanity Eat More Dirt: Diverting and Instructive Tips for Growing and Tending an Organic Garden Green Barbarians: Live Bravely on Your Home Planet Green Housekeeping Dinosaur Cut & Use Stencils