Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga, #5)

Wolf Hunting (Firekeeper Saga #5)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,129 ratings  ·  25 reviews
In Through Wolf's Eyes, Jane Lindskold introduced Firekeeper, the young girl raised by intelligent, language-using wolves. Abducted back into human society, Firekeeper found that, in the world of deadly human political intrigues, her training as a pack animal served her well.

Later, in Wolf Captured, Firekeeper and her lupine companion Blind Seer found themselves kidnapped
Published April 4th 2006 by Tor Books

MK
Jun 24, 2007 MK rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
Bought this book once it came out and read it in less than a week. It was a good book and not dissatisfying from the other Wolf books but I do like the first few a bit better though the Meddler seems up to some nice tampering with our hearos' lives...
Alex
An excellent read, just like every other book in this series has been so far. I have to say, I did like the books set on the mainland (Through Wolf's Eyes, Wolf's Head Wolf's Heart, Dragon of Despair somewhat better than the ones set in Liglim [[book: Wolf Captured], Wolf Hunting, and possibly Wolf's Blood, I haven't read it yet), but even those I like less I still loved reading. I can't think of much else to say right now, besides that it was a great book!
Elise
I know that Firekeeper and Blind Seer are the main characters of this series, but it would be nice to see more of the Hawk Haven, or even the Bright Bay characters. We do hear from Elise and Doc again in this book, which I admit made me squee. Those two are my favorite characters. And they've finally dealt with their relationship issues.
And poor Firekeeper, finding yet another way that might give her wolf shape, and again having to pass it by due to the high risk.
I feel so sorry for Derian. He...more
Lise
Once again my son and I read about Firekeeper together and once again we were richer for it. I believe this is the only advantage to having a child with a serious case of dyslexia. In spite of his age we get to sit side by side enjoying a story that takes us a to place out of time and away from our world. Both of us have Firekeeper and Blind Seer as our favorite characters. Part of that is due to the kind of fatalism on their part that comes from having to fight for survival since childhood. I b...more
Elizabeth
Not the strongest book in the series but still a good read. I wholeheartedly recommend it. These books have very simple storylines and don't require alot of thinking. Great if you are looking for an easy light read. At this stage in the series the characters are growing in complexity and depth. You get emotionally invested in what happens to you favorite characters. There was some parts that seemed to jump around a bit and got a little bit confusing but those moments were few and far between. If...more
Carol
Wolf Hunting is the penultimate volume in the series, and unlike most of the other books, it is not entirely self-contained. It really demands a sequel. In Wolf Hunting, Firekeeper, Derian, Blind Seer, and an assortment of human and animal companions go chasing off after a pair of mysterious twins who have uncovered some long-hidden magics. When Firekeeper and her group find the twins, they also make discoveries that bring them into contact with many things that had been lost to their world for...more
Cayleigh
Firekeeper and Blind Seer are still in Liglam, living on the Island as Alpha's in their own little pack. About a year has passed since the events in Wolf Captured and everything is going well...that is until the Jaguar Truth starts going extremely downhill in her mental state and requests that Firekeeper help her regain sanity. A mysterious entity called The Meddler is in the background leading the group towards a destination in a neighboring country in a search to find two magically inclined tw...more
Cindy
This is a great series. Wolves, medieval setting, magic - what more could you want? Well, a good plot and this has that too!
Allen Garvin
Some of the wonder of the earlier books is gone, but it's still a solid, compelling novel. The thoughtful earlier themes of Firekeeper's interacting with a society that doesn't understand her, those are mostly gone. Instead, we get a not entirely interesting story of magic, of unseen manipulators who have twisted events throughout history. It's mainly the strength of the well-realized characters that keeps the story going.
Unwisely
OK, so, while the writing kept me engrossed, overall I didn't *like* the book. One of the major issues in the series is resolved off-screen, and I don't like what happens to people. Plus there's a new villain, and I'm not sure I care. Of course I'm getting the next one out of the library, but, well, it's with less enthusiasm than I've had for some of them. (Yeah, not exactly scathing.)
Kate
The first half of this book was awful. I kept reading and telling myself that it had to get better. I was so bored that I put this book away and read a bunch in between putting it down and when I picked it back up. The only thing that saved this book is the last 1/3 of the book was great. I'm so glad I kept reading but I hope the next book isn't so slow and boring in the beginning.
Allisyn
She has really hit her stride with this series! We get to see more of her incredible world-building and learn more about the magic system of her world as well as follow most of our favorite characters from past books into a new adventure! And at the end it is set-up for long story arc of new adventures with plenty of directions for the series to take.
June
I had a little more trouble with this one. A disembodied trickster spirit... Plus, the story moves to a nexus island between the new and old worlds. New characters, but not as appealing or likeable. I've finished it though I am having problems starting the next. Maybe 3 and a half?
Laura Bozeman
I loved every book in this series.
Rebecca
The best of the series since the first, and a return to the adventure and fast movement that made the first Firekeeper books so absorbing. They'd kind of gotten a little bogged down, but this shook the series up and got it moving again.
Kendra
Bk 5, in the series. The author packs a lot of info into these books, very impressive. Some interesting twists and turns, wasn't totally sure how I felt about it. But a good read!
Melissa
I've enjoyed this series about a girl who was raised by intelligent wolves who is found and brought to live with people. It's a fantasy series, so magic and so forth.
Nicolle
I really enjoyed the Wolf series up until now but I dislike some of the key plot points in this book and have drastically they affected characters.
Sara
Although I really enjoyed the first Firekeeper book, and didn't dislike the second, their appeal for me has gone downhill since.
Jane
I love all of Jane Lindskold's "Firekeeper" novels. They are well written and the characters are endearing and well developed.
Only1verse
Second half of the book held my interest much more,however I am not a fan of bad things happening to characters I LIKE!
Jennifer Chin
Slow to get started, as in.. the first 2/3, but then the last third redeemed it. Almost.
Mary
What the heck is going on with this series? Going down hill rapidly.
Jerry
action, magic, wolves --awesome!
Cristiana
My favorite book of this series so far.
Christy
FireKeeper still fascinates me.
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • Dragon and Phoenix (Dragonlord, #2)
  • Shattered Dance (White Magic, #3)
  • Clan Daughter (Queen of the Orcs, #2)
  • Spice & Wolf, Book 4
  • Storm Runner (Wolfwalker, #3)
  • Mindspeaker's Call (Ghatti's Tale, #2)
  • The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3)
  • Harshini (Hythrun Chronicles: Demon Child Trilogy, #3)
  • The Griffin's War (The Fallen Moon #3)
  • The Son of Summer Stars (Firebringer, #3)
  • Diplomacy of Wolves (The Secret Texts, #1)
  • Dragon Rule
  • Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2)
  • Mistress of Dragons (The Dragonvarld Trilogy, #1)
Jane Lindskold is the author of more than twenty published novels, including the six volume Firekeeper Saga (beginning with Through Wolf’s Eyes), Child of a Rainless Year (a contemporary fantasy set in Las Vegas, New Mexico), and The Buried Pyramid (an archeological adventure fantasy set in 1880's Egypt).

Lindskold is also the author of the “Breaking the Wall” series, which begins with Thirteen Orp...more
More about Jane Lindskold...
Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga, #1) Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2) The Dragon of Despair (Firekeeper Saga, #3) Wolf Captured (Firekeeper Saga, #4) Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga, #6)