Start by marking “Confessions of a Black Dog” as Want to Read:

Confessions of a Black Dog

4.86 of 5 stars 4.86  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
ebook
Published 2008 by Brown Paper Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Black Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Black Dog

Mav Skye
COABD is a journey, a journal, a collection of dreams, events, people, lives, fortunes and unfortunes, superstitions, peace and paranoia. It’s a book about the end of the world and the beginning of a new one: mythologies revived, religion burned at the stake. All is told through the voice of Sam and what he discovers in a sort of trustworthy soul mate, a black dog that pops in and out of his life and dreams. Jason Michel lays his soul bare in photo negative like prose, recounting life’s ironies,...more
Chris Rhatigan
Confessions of a Black Dog is a novel that defies categorization. It's an intoxicating, thoughtful, roller coaster of an experience.

Jason Michel (aka Dictator of Pulp Metal Magazine and Stories from Old Lurk) dives head-first into the mind of Sam Morgan, a reclusive fella who's girlfriend has just dumped him. He wanders near and far, in search of friends, smokes, booze, and peace of mind.

Like Michel's recent novella, And the Street Screamed Blue Murder!, this book gleefully jumps between genres-...more
U.V. Ray
Imperfect in a way books of this ilk should be. Both forthright and figurative, whimsical, poetic, transportive. There's an element of romance in the descriptive prose and I'm not sure I'll ever fully understand its enigma but I don't necessarily want or need to in order to like the book as much as I do. Good book. Glad I own it.
Gregory Frye
Just finished the hard copy of this. Wow. This book is a hallucinatory revelation. An apocalypse laughing inside your skull, black tears streaming down burning cheeks, and one million black dogs howling at an oil painted moon. I'm wondering if Jason Michel has more like this in him. If so, I can't wait to read.
Indre
Very good, much better than his genre fiction, an impressive novel with literary depth. It is quite long but gripping in an emotionally powerful way. While reading it, I kept wanting to talk about it when out socializing as it had quite a strong impact on me. Yes, I felt it said something about London at the start of the 21st century. The wish to forge something new and meaningful; the hopes decayed in a cliche of booze, stress, underachievement, and loveless lostness turning humans into failed...more
Brandon Nagel
Brandon Nagel marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Oscar Mendoza
Oscar Mendoza marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2012
Ed C
Ed C marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2011
Angel Zapata
Angel Zapata marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2011
And The Street Screamed Blue Murder! Totalitarian Drone Groove Weird Noir True Brit Grit Laughing at the Death Grin!