Start by marking “Jupiter's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Jupiter's Daughter

Jupiter's Daughter

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  40 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
With the explosive shock of Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park and Stephen King's Carrie, Jupiter's Daughter introduces an unforgettable young heroine, the first human whose entire genetic character is programmed before birth. The result of a unique combination of scientific ambition and financial greed, this super baby is born into a world not quite ready for her. When vent ...more
Published September 1st 1995 by Onyx (first published July 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Jupiter's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jupiter's Daughter

Ann M
I won't give it stars, because Tom was my mentor through Long Ridge Writers Group. He is a very nice man who has been an encouraging supporter of my writing. I don't believe I've given stars to any author I've read that is still living. I'm trying to read some classics and post my thoughts at my website with Bravos instead of stars, but that's really irrelevant here. I enjoyed this book for its genre. There were a few twists that reminded me of the Harry Potter series; for example, He Who Must N ...more
Daniel T.
The story was written in '94 and set in 2000-2004. I love to read science fiction after the dates it portrays have passed. It's fun to see what they get right, and what they get wrong. In this case, the author posits many advances in genetics research without ever mentioning the human genome project, in a world where neither cell phones nor the world wide web exist.

The author spent quite a bit of time describing small nuances in the book, for example he described exactly how a secondary charact
Otto
May 05, 2013 Otto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tom Hyman has had long and distinguished careers as an editor, journalist, and novelist. He was an articles editor at LIFE Magazine and wrote aritcles for LIFE and other magazines including The Saturday Evening Post, Argosy, Washington Post Book World, and New York Magazine. He also served as a senior editor at Antheneum, Doubleday, and G.P.Putnam's.
In 1980, Mr. Hyman began to write fiction full-time. He has since published six novels: Jupiter's Daughter, Prussian Blue, Seven Days to Petrogra
Christopher
Nov 14, 2015 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
For a book heavily dosed with genetics, this book is one interesting thrill ride. The concept of using genetic engineering to build a "superior," child is interesting, despite the odd simplicity of the concept. For the most part the characters are like able, outside of Dalton Stewart, and the Baroness. Those two are two sides of the same coin, ruthless, money hungry business types. However, Dalton is a little more charismatic than the baroness.

Story wise, it sounds like something that would mak
Manny
May 01, 2016 Manny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! I was kind of meh, when it was recommended to me but it grew on me once I started. I really liked all the genetic things that where talked about. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a nice genetic fiction with a little thriller in it.
Akiko Ashley
Nov 29, 2012 Akiko Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant book....ahead of it's time.
Katrina
Katrina is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2016
Matt
Matt added it
Jul 17, 2016
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Pagan
Pagan marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Colin Vollebergh
Colin Vollebergh marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 01, 2016
Omar
Omar rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Katie Alzapiedi
Katie Alzapiedi marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Deb Gulbranson
Deb Gulbranson rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
William Howe
William Howe rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Christopher Lunsford
Christopher Lunsford marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Luke Harris
Luke Harris rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2015
Dan J
Dan J marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Pwadez
Pwadez rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015