Start by marking “Howl at the Moon (The Others, #4)” as Want to Read:
Howl at the Moon (The Others, #4)

Howl at the Moon (Novels Of The Others #12)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  3,303 ratings  ·  84 reviews
Noah Bakernever wanted to betray The Others. But if his military commanders want him to covertly investigate a Lupine scientist--whose extraordinary research on sensory perception in werewolves could be used to develop werewolf-sharp senses in human soldiers--Noah must oblige. Even if it means deceiving the woman he desires the most.

Samantha Carstairs is the personal assis...more
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Howl at the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howl at the Moon

DarienMoya
"A WOOOOOOOOO"

The fourth book of the Others series, is right up there with the rest in the series. The Others are vampires, werewolves and all things that go bump in the night or hang out in the day. Humans now know of the Others existence and the coming out was no walk in the park (check previous books for the actual event). Let’s just say humans are a bit wary of things that are stronger and faster than them.

This one is about Noah and Sam who I met previously in the third book and you know the...more
Jan 15, 2009 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Steamy Paranormal romantics
Book 4 of The Others series and very enjoyable. I liked the interaction between Samantha and Noah. I liked that he was a spy and trying to steal secrets from the Silverback clan as part of his job with the Army in the Paranormal Special Ops. And then he had to make a tough choice between his love and his career. (Du - he chose the girl. The book would be mighty short if he hadn't. Not to mention the sex scenes would have been awkward).

A good series.
"E"
This book was just so bland. The set-up was interesting but then it never really led anywhere. I spent quite a lot of time annoyed at the TSTL friend of the heroine. For a genius, she sure was a ridiculously stupid individual. The romance was pretty much non-existent and the conflict was defused way too quickly and easily. Overall, the whole story was very blah and if had been my introduction to this author or the series, I wouldn't be interested in reading more.
Paraphrodite
I thought this was the weakest book so far of the series. We met Noah and Sam in the previous books and I had great expectations about their story. However, I thought there was just too much repetitive, introspective dialogues by both of them even though the storyline was pretty interesting.
Oleta Blaylock
This is Noah and Samantha's story. Annie Cryer is working the Lupine genome and discovers sum things that would be better off left alone. Noah is working a secret mission that has him feeling guilty and like the whole thing is going to go South for the winter.

As always Ms. Warren writes with a little humor, a little suspense and some very steamy sex. Noah and Sam can't keep their hands off each other. I enjoyed both characters every much and they will make a nice addition to the growing group. I...more
Melindeeloo
Get your fantasy fix here, Another sizzling paranoramal romance from Christine Warren!

Noah's latest mission has put him between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Noah's special ops `spook squad' background along with his sister's marriage to a demon has given Noah an `in' into the world of the Others - supernatural races such as fae, demons, shapeshifters and vampires. This time instead of blowing things up, it's his job to lie to and spy on the Silverback pack Noah has come to like and re...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is one of the stories of the later Other series by Christine Warren. This means it has more story, not as much of the bedroom scenes. This book opens with Samantha with her friend talking about the experiment that the friend is doing. As she is muttering about geeky friends her boss and alpha Graham tells her of a “special” project that he is putting her on. She is going to work with the human military guy, Noah. Noah has always made her twitchy and uncomfortable, but put up with it because...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
This book continues on from the previous Others books, and is centred around Samantha, friend and beta to the Silverbacks Alpha and Noah, Abby's (from The Demon You Know) brother. Although you don't need to read these books in order as they are all very much self contained. But I always prefer to read in order anyway.

Despite Noahs better judgement, he is sent undercover to the Silverback pack to try and find covertly investigate a Lupine scientist who is looking at the Lupine genome. This also g...more
Crystal
You know, for an elite member of the spook squad, Noah was kinda...dumb there. He was...uneasy about his assignment, so why didn't he have a chat with Graham and apprise him of it? Also, why didn't he get his team members to follow when they went after Annie.

Annie, for a brilliant scientist, was downright stupid. What did she THINK would happen if she isolated those genes? And to do this at a university lab?!?! ==facepalm.

Our h seemed to be the smartest one of the bunch, although her letting her...more
Chelsea
I have to confess, right from the beginning I found this series to be disappointingly average. I think it's a stylistic issue. The author spends an awful lot of time telling instead of showing and that is frustrating to me. This book was not exception.

The premise is that Noah, a human soldier in the US army, has been charged with the task of attaining scientific secrets from his friends in the Other community--specifically the werewolves. He lies and says he's recruiting for a new team, and the...more
Amelia-Irene
Part of The Others series.

Samantha is the PA to the Alpha of the Silverback Clan and her best friend is the clan's most brilliant researcher. Noah needs to get some information, whether he wants to or not, his military orders are to get it... His sister is a mate in the clan and so he's allowed access not allowed to most humans. Sam's friend Annie, has a mole in her department, and her most recent research discovery is information that people will pay mega bucks for and will also kill for. Anni...more
Toni
The road to hell was paved with good intentions. Noah is a true solider. He believes in serving his country but this time there is something fishy going on.1st his CO hashim spying on his friends even though he is a demolations expert and then the CO is supper impatient. To top it off Noah can't fight his attraction to Sam even though he is spying on her friends and family.
Barbara ★
Someone belonging to The Others is any paranormal entity that isn't fully human...werewolf, vampire, fae. Samantha Carstairs, is a high-ranking werewolf of the Pack. Annie Cryer is a Pack scientist researching the biological differences between werewolves and human. Noah Baker is a US government employee who is sent to infiltrate the Pack and find out what Annie has been able to learn. Also, he is to steal her research in order to keep it from the hands of terrorists...or so he thought.

As Saman...more
Michelle Tempted By Books
This story was better than some of the others. I think I am finding that I prefer the shifter stories in this series. So with that said, Sam is a pretty straight forward, solid head on her shoulders Werewolf. She initially fights her attraction to Noah because he is human. Before long she realizes he is her mate and enbraces a future with him. Things are not all as they seem though. Noah is on a secret mission, that could screw up everything with Sam. Along with that story was have the "super ge...more
Kaleigha
Another great one from Christine Warren.

Since the previous book in the series, I liked Noah. As a human male in the world of The Others, it would be easy to either have him completely be underwhelming as the hero, or be too Alpha to compensate. Neither is the case. As a paranormal soldier, Noah has the skills to deal with the world of weres, vamps and witches, but he still knows that at the end of the day, most of his new friends could rip him apart. Samantha is a good character, as well...stro...more
Silver James
Howl at the Moon is an excellent story with characters caught up in a plot that could undo the Others. Noah Baker is human, a soldier, and the brother of Abby Baker, now married to the sun demon, Rule. In a previous book, Noah met Samantha Carstairs and fell both in lust and in love with the werewolf. She's trying to protect her best friend, a geneticist, and Noah's been assigned to find out Annie's secrets--which means he'll have to betray the pack and Others he's come to consider friends. This...more
Brie
Loved it!!! But that's usual with this series ;) It did take me a while to finish it, but that was just because I was super busy and almost never had time to read, not because it wasn't good, it was. Really good :)
And I really loved that the series finally had a book with a heroine who was a big, tough, badass supernatural creature too lol Noah was pretty badass himself for a human haha now I'm jst waiting for a hero and heroine pair who are both equally powerful and tough and dominant, I think...more
Kyami
Noah is a human soldier, in the army, and Samantha is a werewolf, personal assistant to the packs alpha. Samantha and Noah desire each other, even if they fight every step of the way. Can their relationship survive Noah doing his duty and Samantha keeping secrets? Or will they lose each other to these secrets and lies?

The fun in this wonderful werewolf romance is the human hero who finds himself divided between love and duty with the readers wondering along with Noah which way he will go. And N...more
Discerningreader
My thoughts on this book, it was passable, well written, not many errors, my problem with this is I am bit tired of Romance novels being written with para/supernaturals added to make it sell better.

If not for the many pages of relationship doubts, alpha male postering, this book would be about 100 pages instead of 350.

I get the romance genre is becoming the trendy thing to do, but I would like to read a good para/supernatural, horror, si-fi book without the relationship being the main focus.

Ther...more
Cindy
I liked this but didn't LOVE it . Not sure why . There was a whole lot of story maybe to much in the way of getting to the nitty gritty of it. Still good tho.
Tanya Fain
That demons, vempires ahd werwofl could fall in love with humans. I lernd i the book werfols go matehunting in the woods they let woman take the lead for 30 cecends then they start chasing. Vempires hunt other vempires that attack and kill humans.Damos fight agains other demon leader with fallowers. One good demon was inside of a women so other demon leader took her to a safe place but she says that they kidnaped her.She gets way with her brother but they get her back to the safety. They get her...more
Britta
Oct 03, 2008 Britta rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erin, Milli, Kim, Cindy
Working for the Alpha of the Silverback clan in the heart of Manhattan, Samantha has always been right in the middle of everything. But what will she do when Noah Barker, human brother of Abby, who married the Sun Demon Rule, returns to do some recruiting for the government out of the members of the pack?
Run from him ... until he captures her and her heart. Will he hold it or break it like she fears?
Warren does an excellent job of reaching into the true emotions of both of the main characters an...more
Dorel
In this book 12 the only thing I liked is hot & steamy scenes. I think the storyline was bland. I wish Noah's character could have been more appealing like the other men in this series. I liked Samantha in the other stories but I feel her story could have been better.
Marsha
Nov 18, 2009 Marsha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults
I am giving Howl at the Moon a 3.5. This is another tale of the "others" in which Samantha, the personal assistant to Graham Winters, Alpha finds love in the most unusual place with a human Noah Baker. There is a problem though, Noah is in the armed forces and has been sent by the government to spy on the shapeshifting pack who he is also friends with. Oh what a tangled web we weave. Well, you get the picture. I really enjoyed the book, however, the dialogue for Noah often felt like it would not...more
Cferjani
Noah (human) and Sam (wolf)
Jen
Jun 30, 2008 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who read Kresley Cole or Nalini Singh
Shelves: the-others
So I thought the last Others book was just ok, but this one jumped right back to it.

This book was about Noah (Abby's brother,from "The Demon I Know"). It was great. Funny, sexy and a couple of chapters that just about broke my heart. Warren was in rare writing form when she wrote the hearbreaking chapters. I actually had to rub my chest, I felt a little pain inside!

I have now finished all 5 of the books that are out and can't wait until the next one, whenever that is.
Tina
I took a break from this series due to the last book was just okay for me. I am glad I decided to read this installment of the Other Series as it was pretty good. I really liked the hero Noah and liked the fact that he was human. Sam, the heroine, is a werewolf who could hold her own but the author made her vulnerable and feminine enough to complement the hero.

This was a quick read that kept my attention. I look forward to the next book in this series.
Mitabird (reviews on BookLikes)

Howl at the Moon was OK. I thought Sam and Noah were good together and they had pretty good chemistry. I liked that even though Noah was following the direction of his military superiors, he really didn't like what he was doing. I can't say that I particularly cared for the storyline. It just seemed a little far-fetched. Unfortunately, this series is starting to lose my interest and I really have no desire to continue with it.
Gail
Can a major in the new paranormal Special Ops Forces of the army find happiness with a smart, sexy, werewolf. Another story of the Others. Noah is the brother of the main character in a previous book. He's sent undercover by the Army and he's in love/lust with Samantha, one of the werewolves. The story is good, the characters are obsessed with each other. Story is a little thin, but I guess the point is the steamy love scenes.
  • No Rest for the Witches (Nightcreature, #7.5) (Magic, #3.5) (The Others, #3.5)
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Into The Shadow (Darkness Chosen, #3)
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Hunting Midnight (Midnight, #2)
  • Mercury's War (Breeds, #16)
  • The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1)
  • Witching Moon (Moon, #3)
Born and raised in coastal New England, Christine Warren lived in the South and the Mid-Atlantic before hopping to the other side of the country to take up the life of a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her landlocking phobia. Hmm, need to research a scientific term for that...

When not scrambling frantically to complete her latest writi...more
More about Christine Warren...
Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9) One Bite With A Stranger (The Others #1) Big Bad Wolf (The Others, #2) She's No Faerie Princess (The Others, #10) Walk on the Wild Side (The Others, #13)

“You're a big boy, No. You'll figure something out. Just make sure it includes the groveling." -Abby

It come to all of us. Especially those of us foolish enough to fall in love with women who have minds of their own. If you will recall, your own sister had a few things she had to forgive me for before we could move on with our relationship." -Rule

There's a big difference between a little kidnapping and what he did." -Abby

"You did not call it a 'little' anything at the time, sweet. You were furious with me. Believe me, the groveling does do wonders." -Rule”
5 likes
“I'm not sure whether to be relieved she didn't hurt you or diappointed. Now he's going to think he got away with that junk." -Abby

I wouldn't say that. He got a stern talking-to, but he already made great progress with his groveling lessons." -Sam

""Ill show you exactly how much progress I've made the next time I get you in a shower." -Noah

"I'm gonna kill him! Did you hear that? You have to let me kill him." -Graham

"Stay right where you are. There will be no killing. I thought I made that clear to everyone last night. Don't make me go over it again!" -Missy”
4 likes