Start by marking “The Every-Day Life of Abraham Lincoln (C.1); A Biography from an Entirely New Standpoint, with Fresh and Invaluable Material” as Want to Read:

The book has no illustrations or index. It may have numerous typos or missing text. However, purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original rare book from the publisher's website (GeneralBooksClub.com). You can also preview excerpts of the book there. Purchasers are also entitled to a free trial membership in the General Books Club where they can select from m ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 1886)

Be the first to ask a question about The Every-Day Life of Abraham Lincoln (C.1); A Biography from an Entirely New Standpoint, with Fresh and Invaluable Material

Jason Schneeberger
THE EVERYDAY LIFE OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN is an excellent book for anyone that wants to read a FREE book that take a look at his entire life. I was slightly disappointed in this because I thought it was going to have more quotes from the people who knew Lincoln than it did. They were there, and offered good insight into him, but I thought by the description of the book that it was going to entirely be that way and it really wasn’t, but was rather a biography with quotes added in here and there.
The b
Charlene Morehead
Wonderful book

Having lived in Illinois and having visited all the sites in Springfield at the cemetery at new Salem in Kentucky and Indiana. I have long felt such a closeness to Abraham Lincoln . I am currently reading Herndons's book on Lincoln but when this one became available was interested in getting firsthand information from people who actually knew Abraham Lincoln this book was fascinating and so interesting.
Naseema Khan
Mar 20, 2017 Naseema Khan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every day life of Ibrahim Lincoln

One of the best nicely written historic book about Abraham Lincoln every day life . Once you start reading this book , it's hard to stop until you finished the whole book . Great book for all . Read and enjoy !
iris us
Jan 18, 2017 iris us rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great men

After reading this book, I feel a lot and benefit.
Lincoln's spirit worthy of our study.
You need to take some times to read it.
Nathan
Jul 18, 2011 Nathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is an editorialized compilation of stories and anecdotes about Abraham Lincoln. Published about 20 years after his death, these first person accounts are a vibrant look at a widely admired president. Topics range from why and when he grew his beard and put on the stovepipe hat to his role as commander in chief to his moodiness and his love for story telling. This book is freely available on Project-Gutenberg
Christian
Nov 26, 2013 Christian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abraham Lincoln is America's Frodo Baggins; a very unlikely creature to accomplish extraordinary things. He was a plain, homely, poor, terribly sad man--but proved himself one of the greatest and wisest leaders of his people.

I found this biography to be an easy read, very fascinating. Highly recommended!
Monica Hodges
Mar 19, 2015 Monica Hodges rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly done

A wealth of detail of the man comes from interviewing and assembling stories from those who knew him best. This book surrounds Lincoln and provides a picture for our generation of what a truly great man can and will do. I am convinced that Lincoln will be our country's greatest president.

Stacey
Jun 24, 2012 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have read on Abraham Lincoln. It is a book compiled a little while after he died. Apparently the author had people right him that had interaction with Abraham Lincoln and then compiled it into a book. It gives a great view into the life and character of Pres. Lincoln.
Nitin Degaonkar
Jul 15, 2016 Nitin Degaonkar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story telling. Vintage language and honest narration.
Anyone wanting to know more about the civil war and persona of Abe Lincoln can get help of this book.

And the anecdotes!

The book and awe inspiring life of great leader will definitely add to your own eloquence as well!!
Tan Jun Jie
Apr 08, 2012 Tan Jun Jie rated it really liked it
A really good and concise narrative book on Abraham Lincoln. Provides a nice alternative for those who feel bored from reading the entire history on the President.
Alan Trock
Alan Trock rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Paul Fifield
Paul Fifield rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Jeremy Cooper
Jeremy Cooper rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Isaac
Isaac rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Suzanne Schweier
Suzanne Schweier rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2015
Lamech Mariita
Lamech Mariita rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Scoston
Scoston rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
J. Mellinger
J. Mellinger rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Trevor Scott
Trevor Scott rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
David Woodworth
David Woodworth rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Jenee
Jenee rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Dani
Dani rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
John H Bishop
John H Bishop rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Fred Crist
Fred Crist rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015
Mary Harris
Mary Harris rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Jon-David
Jon-David rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Ani Sargent
Ani Sargent rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2015
omsuyan
omsuyan rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Kenneth Murray
Kenneth Murray rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015