Start by marking “Mach dieses Buch fertig” as Want to Read:
Mach dieses Buch fertig

Mach dieses Buch fertig

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  8,027 ratings  ·  559 reviews
Nichts reinkritzeln. Keine Knicke machen. Nichts draufkleckern. Und bloß nicht im Regen liegen lassen...Wir haben es alle von klein auf gelernt: Bücher muss man gut behandeln. Dass es aber unheimlich Spaß macht, genau das nicht zu tun, zeigt dieses ideensprühende Buch: Bohre mit einem Bleistift Löcher in diese Seite. Dokumentiere dein Abendessen. Nimm das Buch mit unter di ...more
Published 2010 by Kunstmann Antje GmbH (first published June 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mach dieses Buch fertig, please sign up.

Bluesybil I think 8 *may* be a bit young, depending on the child, then again 8 year olds seldom have the kind of hangups that keeps one from engaging in the…moreI think 8 *may* be a bit young, depending on the child, then again 8 year olds seldom have the kind of hangups that keeps one from engaging in the kind of "Creative Destruction" encouraged in the journal in the first place.

The journal seems to be geared primarily towards letting the creative inner child in perfectionist adults come out to play, but 12 is definitely old enough to have fun with and enjoy it :)(less)
Bluesybil Since the idea is for the reader to literally wreck the journal, I don't expect it to be a book that would be found in a library. I could be wrong and…moreSince the idea is for the reader to literally wreck the journal, I don't expect it to be a book that would be found in a library. I could be wrong and maybe it is, but I'm thinking that having to keep the book in tact would sort of defeat the purpose you know?(less)

Anna-Cate Orton
Whoah. So I got this on friday, and have slowly been completing the easier pages; poking hole in the paper, chucking it at my brothers head (he ducked just in time) and wearing it around tied to my head with a shoelace. But I'm struggling to move past this stage; I think's its because it still (from the outside at least) looks relatively clean. So today I AM TACKLING THAT PROBLEM.

I have decided to dive right into one of the scarier pages in hope that it will make the book look shabbier and I wi
Wybie Lovat
Before I had even heard of this book, I was in a deep depression, and over come with self-pity and self-malice. But I noticed it once. I flipped through it.
Then suddenly the World turned upside down. The sun turned into the Moon. I was walking on the cieling,while everyone else stared at me, upside down. I grinned so much it hurt.
And the next week I bought it with no hesiation. This first thing I did was scribble insanely. AND THAT SENT ME FREE!!!!!!!!!!
Wether you need an uplift or not, Wreck th
Demo
Jan 07, 2012 Demo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who are entertained by destruction. And fire.
Everyone, I need you to me a favor. I want you to stop reading this review, and go buy this fucking amazing book. Seriously. Right now. Go.

For those of you who are stubborn and are still reading this anyway, let me explain to you what exactly Wreck This Journal is:

It is an interactive self-instruction manual on how to properly destroy this book. On every page, there is a direction written. Tear this page out. Stick gum on this page. Dog ear this page. Tear this page out and throw in a fire. Writ
Alexandra
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ...more
Ruby  Tombstone [Uncensored or Else]
[Update] I think we can safely say I failed this task too..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only bought the journal today, but I've had quite a bit of fun with it already. I've dripped syrup on it, stuffed kaffir lime leaves in it, coloured, painted, dripped, scribbled, stuck, stamped and torn. Here are a couple of the earliest entries.

Office Supplies - WTJ

Outside the lines - WTJ

Don't worry. It'll get messier....!
Leanna
Technically, Keri Smith’s Wreck This Journal isn’t exactly a book, but I wanted to write a review of it anyway.

This week, I gave the “journal” to my niece who turned 13 years old. I knew she would either react with rapture or complete apathy. Fortunately for my aspirations to be a cool aunt, she loved it.

Each page of the journal contains different instructions for destructing the book: poke holes through this page, burn that page, mail the entire journal to yourself. My niece immediately set out
Kim
Interesting idea. This book is where I developed my belief that one should not treat books one reads with reverence. Let me explain: I am engaged to a man that collects comic books. Now, as a general rule, comics are fairly fragile, being only a few sheets of paper held together with a couple staples. So when he reads them, he holds them delicately, and their spines are never broken. The books are never opened wide, and he lies them down open on his palms, instead of holding each side of the boo ...more
Luz
Nov 20, 2014 Luz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenagers
Recommended to Luz by: tumblr
Como les prometi, aca algunas de mis destrucciones:

Muy bueno!! Lo hice en el verano en Aus y me mantuvo super entretenida! Mi familia se re prendia a participar de algunas instrucciones, en especial mi hermano menor!! El mio no quedo taan destrozado porque queria que me quede de recuerdo y no tener que tirarlo ajaja.
Lo recomiendo para regalar a adolescentes en especial!! Proximamente, fotos del mio. Aca les dejo algunos(mucho mejores) que saque de Tumblr:

Charlotte
Most eternal love to this piece of brilliance, light of my most boring seminars at university, spark of my imagination when I walk the streets, trigger of ideas, tank tearing down the barriers in my creativity...
Okay, I'll stop here.
Love it. Gotta love it. Got it from a friend, have seldomly been more delighted by a piece of creativity-triggering-book. Am working fanatically on it. :D
Danielle
Nov 27, 2014 Danielle added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who is as much a perfectionist as I am.
Recommended to Danielle by: fate.
I have bought this book once already because it literally fell on top of my head when I was at Barnes and Noble. I didn't buy it then. It took another couple weeks to run into it at the store and THEN did I actually go home later and order it online.

It is so fun and amazing, and yet I was completely disappointed when I opened my locker at the end of junior year and realized I hardly began the destruction. I instantly thought to myself FAIL and decided the project was ruined. (Please don't ask me
Dutch
Jul 28, 2012 Dutch rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenaged girls
Not a book to read, per se. It's a keepsake where you can jot down ideas according to the book's instruction. Almost all pages are mostly blank, with the exception of one or two sentences at the bottom of the page giving the owner fun instructions such as "doodle something on this page". Much like The Book of Me, the owner of this book is interactive, making personal notes or drawings on the page that eventually make up recounts of someone's life. This is a neat keepsake, likely a gift, usually ...more
Nanu
Para los que no lo conocen, este es un libro para intervenir. En cada página la autora sugiere distintas formas de destruirlo: desde tirarle café, hasta llevártelo a la ducha, arrancarle páginas, pegarle objetos varios, etcétera.
Es un buen ejercicio para los que tenemos el TOC de no escribir en los libros ni con lápiz. Al principio me costó empezar a usarlo ya que no quería que se arruinara, pero terminó siendo una linda experiencia. Así está quedando mi edición:

Thebruce1314
I love the concept of giving instructions to be followed/interpreted on each page. The point of the journal is to break the habit of all perfectionists who shudder to think of a page being bent in one of their books. I am one of those, without a doubt: crack a spine and I'll crack your arm. Though it was difficult at first, it was liberating to be able to "wreck" the journal, creating a unique work of art in the process. It's hard to ever be finished with this book, as it is always evolving; it' ...more
Beáta
Prečítala som všetky nápady, ale pochybujem, že do tej knihy spravím čiarku, maximálne očíslujem strany a niečo vyfarbím, bože mne je to tak ľúto dačo tej knihe spraviť, ani omylom nebudem trhať strany

začalo to kreslením čiar na jednej strane, skončilo to odtlačkami narúžovaných pier a rúk od cvikly, 2 vytrhnutými stranami, tromi hodeniami o stenu, 2 streknutiami voňavkou a kilom lepiacej pásky ... neviem koho som sa snažila oklamať, som nervák od narodenia a keď začnem čarbať tak neviem sk
Nilo Esquivel
El concepto general del libro no es para nada original. Es algo que cualquier terapeuta, o ni siquiera eso, sino nosotros mismos en algún punto por instinto hemos recurrido a realizar: "destrozar", escribir, pintar, etcétera, para desahogarnos o simplemente satisfacer nuestra necesidad de ordeñar la creatividad acumulada. En mi caso, llegó a mí por ser un obsequio, pero eso no me detuvo a consultar un aproximado del precio, a lo cual me cuestione si realmente hay quien compre algo así de caro pa ...more
Anna
10 hours after buying my copy of 'Wreck this Journal' and its already been taken in the shower, the spine cracked and (much to my disgust) smeared with food.
Admitidly I might not gone about completing my journal in the best order. Half way through spreading gravy half-heartedly across my page I realised - if I followed the books instructions correctly - I would have to sleep with the journal.
For book lovers this book will either be a nightmare of ripped pages and bent covers or a opportunity to
EmilyGrace
Mar 19, 2014 EmilyGrace rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: perfectionists,
Recommended to EmilyGrace by: friend
"WARNING: During the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly.
Dedicated to perfectionists all over the world."

Absolutely hilarious. This was given to me as a birthday present from a good friend who
Ilse
Oct 21, 2014 Ilse rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ilse by: Marieke
Shelves: books-i-own
Barrett  Dylan Brown
I'm sorry, but this is just my opinion. As a journal keeper for many years I find this book and other "Art/Inspiration by Command" books like it repulsive. I think they serve to give form, where form should be created by itself. They are evil and work to inhibit, rather than help the flow of creativity. But 290 other people seem to like it, so what do I know?
Rosa
Jul 11, 2009 Rosa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Creative Journals.
Got this from Urban Outfitters. This looks like a good book to use as a random scrapbook and observation journal. I have so far gotten this book wet along with scribbling inside it, and tearing out the pages and following a few of it's instructions. After you jot down some random notes inside this book, it often reminds me of a book that was distressed by someone else, instead of being owned by me. You get the feeling after using this book that you are looking into a book that was left behind by ...more
Lau
Nov 29, 2014 Lau marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lau by: grav3yardgirl
quiero esto!!!!!! lo estuve viendo en muchos lados después de un video de youtube y ya pensé en varios amigos a los que me encantaría regalárselo *_*

(esto no es una reseña porque no lo leí, pero como es un libro poco convencional bien se puede escribir una reseña antes de leerlo

y el paréntesis va a quedar abierto porque no tengo ganas de cerrarlo
Cassandra
3.5 stars because it is a really good idea for a "book" but I can't find it in myself to actually wreck the book so it just sits on the shelf looking pretty.
Rhea Fuentes
I have just got my "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith this morning. To create is to destroy - It's pretty a fascinating journal, as I would put it. The fact that each of the pages would ask you to pour coffee on it, poke holes in the pages with pencil, draw lines, scratch the journal with sharp object, scribble wildly and violently, rip it up, hide a secret message somewhere in the book and so on... really makes me excited.

My little sister thinks I'm insane for buying a journal that I would des
Shelly
Not exactly a book to be read as much as it is a book to experience. One of the first instructions is to crack the spine... I whimpered. But now that I'm past that, I'm finding it a whole lot of fun -- although I'm not too sure about taking it for a walk....
Hermione:)
I'm not even completely finished with this book, and what can I say? I love it!

I don't even think it's the book. I think it is what the book has you complete. It tests you to your limits. I'm a complete perfectionist; never in my wildest dreams would I imagine tying a string to a book and swinging it around, hitting walls. I never would've purposefully set fire to a book...and liked it.

This book is so amazing. If you're up-tight, emotional, stressed or even bored, buy this book. It's so amazingl
Rebecca
Lame.
Julie H.
So maybe this is the book that you get either the kid who has everything (who should, by definition already have it) or the kid who's so very snarky that she--and it will only be a she--wouldn't possibly keep a journal. In point of fact, this is a cross between the anti-journal and the Girl Scout Handbook. Left to my own devices, this is precisely the book I would make for my non-existent kids to work on or, better yet, that we'd make for their snarky friends. That said, it's a total waste of mo ...more
Andralynn
I saw this book on a friend's Facebook page, and I thought it was brilliant. Wreck This Journal is the most fun book I've ever read (well, destroyed). For someone as anal about books as I am, following the instructions on the page was so liberating! The first thing I did was chuck it off the third floor of my apartment complex. I had never done that to a book before, and to be told to was awesome. I'm still working through the pages, but I love it. It's amazing.
Grace
It's not exactly a reading book, but an activity book. A fun, creative, see-just-how-beat-up-you-can-get-it activity book. I had hours of fun with it and to prove it I can show you all two pieces! (I don't remember exactly what task split it at the spine, but it probably happened after throwing it at the wall then dragging it around from a string outside) I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind getting in the dirt and having fun :)
Danny Phanton
Pues ya comencé con este libro, me gusta la idea de "destrozarlo" y esta bastante entretenido para desestresarte un poco. Difícil por eso de que cuidar un libro es importante para mi y eso lo hace interesante.

Aunque un poco caro para lo que es, pero bueno. Me gusta bastante.
  • Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • 642 Things to Write About
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
  • The Happy Book
  • All About Me
  • What I Love About You
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • Art Journals and Creative Healing: Restoring the Spirit Through Self-Expression
  • The Decorated Journal: Creating Beautifully Expressive Journal Pages
  • Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create Art Journals, Personal Manifestos and Other Artistic Insurrections
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • Alphabetica: An A-Z Creativity Guide for Collage and Book Artists
  • The Journal Junkies Workshop: Visual Ammunition for the Art Addict
  • The Wish List
  • How to Make a Journal of Your Life
  • What I Wore Today
Keri Smith is an author/illustrator turned guerilla artist. She has several bestselling books, including Wreck This Journal, This is Not a Book, How To Be An Explorer of the World, Mess, Finish this Book, and The Pocket Scavenger all published by Perigee Books. Read more at her website http://WWW.KERISMITH.COM
More about Keri Smith...
How to Be an Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life This Is Not a Book The Guerilla Art Kit Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes