Start by marking “What's His Is Mine” as Want to Read:
What's His Is Mine

What's His Is Mine

From the "Essence"-bestselling author of "Yo Yo Love" and "Somebody Else's Man" comes an outrageously sexy tale of good girls and gold-diggers all determined to get their share.
Published October 1st 2010 by Dafina (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about What's His Is Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's His Is Mine

Natasha
Sep 27, 2012 Natasha rated it really liked it
I wasn't aware this was a follow up to a previous book I had read by Daaimah S. Poole, "A Rich Man's Baby" but was pleasantly surprised to be able to hear a continuation of the characters Adrienne and Tanisha and be introduced to a couple new characters. In the beginning I was a little lost thinking I hadn't remembered the other book correctly because I did not know who these new women were but then it all came together and I realized the connections. Once the connections were established it mad ...more
Kellee
Feb 13, 2011 Kellee rated it really liked it
This book was great. Ms. Poole never fails to amaze me with her writing. I hated the character Adrienne.
Claudette Alexander
Sep 11, 2014 Claudette Alexander rated it liked it
The title alone is a dead giveaway that this book is about gold diggers. I picked up this book as something relaxing and fun to read. However, it was far from relaxing. I don’t particularly like when there are too many protagonist and antagonist to keep track of and also with names that sound bulky in your mouth. It’s too much trying to remember who is what and who did what.

The men in the book were depicted as black athletes who were rich and a bit slow in the brains. The women were all annoyin
Alexandrea Ward
Jan 05, 2013 Alexandrea Ward rated it really liked it
I think I may have read this novel from the library but I didn't realize that until halfway through the book. Adrienne needs a reality check and she was stringing poor Zakiya along. Tanisha shouldn't have listened to Adrienne and her poor children wouldn't have suffered. I loved the book but some of the characters really irritated me.
Lee
Feb 16, 2011 Lee rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of What’s His is Mine through Goodreads. At first, I wasn’t sure if I would like it. Most of the books I read are speculative fiction (sci-fi, fantasy, horror) or non-fiction. However, I am very glad now that I got the opportunity to read this book.

What’s His is Mine is a moderate-to-fast pace novel that follows the lives of four very different women with one thing in common: their lives are intertwined with various pro athletes, as well as each other. Zakiya and Cherise start off w
India Jones-Tanner
Oct 14, 2013 India Jones-Tanner rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
What's His Is Mine is a continuation of A Rich Man's Baby. It continues the story of Adrienne and Taniesha, with two added characters of Zakiya and Cherise. Let the drama begins.

At the end of A Rich Man's Baby, Adrienne had been kicked back to Philly by her baby's father DeCarious. She was determined that she would win DeCarious back, because a 9-5 wouldn't give her the life she was accustomed to. So she schemes, plots, and plan to get DeCarious back but you can't do dirt and expect to stay clea
Sabrina Rutter
Apr 02, 2011 Sabrina Rutter rated it it was amazing
I won this book through the firstreads giveaway here on goodreads, but it took so long to actually get this book that I had marked it as never recieved. It was months before the book finally arrived, and when it did the UPS guy just slid it behind my screen door and left. I'm glad it did finally arrive though becuase it was a lot of fun to read! I was in need of a break from the memoirs I have been stuck on since the begining of the year, and this was the perfect book for that.
This is the story
Tamiko Goodvine
Jan 24, 2016 Tamiko Goodvine rated it it was amazing
Great read!! Full of drama from beginning to end. Daaimah has done it again. You wont be disappointed but @ least one of the characters in the story will work your last nerve!!
Desire'e Greene
Aug 16, 2014 Desire'e Greene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book it is amazing if you don't know anyone who would do the things the characters in the book portrayed you have read about it somewhere in life....
Kayla
Oct 23, 2012 Kayla rated it liked it
This book took me a while to finish due to loads of school work. The book is not boring, but it's also not too interesting and "catchy". If i really like a book, i find time anyway possible to read it throughout the day. this book didnt appeal to me much. It doesn't get interesting until a fourth through the book in my opinion. Don't get me wrong the book is great, but its also not on my top list.
Eva Leger
Dec 15, 2010 Eva Leger rated it did not like it
Shelves: b-urban-fiction
I'm "rating/reviewing" because it was a FirstReads win that I haven't received yet. If and when I receive it a review will be placed here instead of this message and the 1 star changed. (I would hope.)
I hate to do this but a rating and review needs to be placed here IMO from what I've seen in the past with FR wins. Hopefully I'll be able to change it soon.
Book Chic
Sep 24, 2013 Book Chic rated it liked it
This is really a 3.5. The read was good . My only issue was one of the characters didn't really fit. When it came time for her part it weighed down the read. Other than that,Ms. Poole worked it out. This is my second book by her and I am pleased.
Authors & Readers Book Corner
Nov 14, 2010 Authors & Readers Book Corner rated it really liked it
I am a true fan of Daaimah Poole's work but this book started off slow for me. It did pick up toward the middle,becoming very entertaining toward the end of the book. I do recommend it to others.
L
May 12, 2011 L rated it really liked it
Very interesting book. I will say that it will keep your attention. The mind of groupies and gold diggers are displayed in this one.
Unique811
Jan 03, 2012 Unique811 rated it it was amazing
very good book. everyone's story was interesting. i really enjoyed this book.
Ashley
Dec 12, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Started off slow but when it picked up it ended up being a good read.
Tamara Liggins
Jan 23, 2011 Tamara Liggins rated it it was amazing
This was a great read an andrienne was a simple star struck idiot
Kim
Apr 19, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
This was just too good. I really enjoyed this book.
Shelley
Feb 05, 2012 Shelley rated it liked it
Review will be posted on my blog.
Gloria Clark
Aug 15, 2013 Gloria Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book.
Gen (hearts books)
Aug 26, 2012 Gen (hearts books) rated it really liked it
- 4.5 stars
Mikell Alvarado
Mikell Alvarado marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Shaquell
Shaquell rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Missy220
Missy220 rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
verma tean neal
verma tean neal rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Chatta G. Douglas
Chatta G. Douglas is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2016
Denise Ross
Denise Ross marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Kelsie
Kelsie rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
  • The Replacement Wife
  • Put a Ring on It
  • Real Wifeys: On the Grind
  • Money Never Sleeps: A Millionaire Wives Club Novel
  • Sexy Little Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #2)
  • All That Glitters Isn't Gold (The Glamorous Life, #2)
  • Bi-Curious Volume 2: Life After Sadie
  • Deception
  • Mistress, Inc.
  • The Strawberry Letter: Real Talk, Real Advice, Because Bitterness Isn't Sexy
  • The Man in 3B
  • Jump
  • The Saga Continues (Cheaper to Keep Her #2)
Daaimah S. Poole was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. She graduated from Temple University with a B.A. in journalism in 2003. While attending Temple, Daaimah worked almost every job imaginable – receptionist, car salesperson, bill collector, waitress, tutor, and substitute teacher. She would later say she was unintentionally doing character research.
Daaimah completed her first novel Yo Yo Love
More about Daaimah S. Poole...