Start by marking “Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)

Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss #1)

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  280 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews

The face he shows the world is not the face she sees. . .

Once, ten years ago, they were young lovers, sharing sinful touches and desperate ecstasy. But he was bound by his promise to wed another. Since that fateful time, Christine Sommers has grown into a headstrong beauty, the kind of woman who thinks nothing of daring travels to the ends of the world. But for all her ach

Published (first published July 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Duke

Char
Another winner from Melody---this book is definitely 4 and 1/2 stars. What kept it from being a 5 star is there wasn't quite enough interaction between H/h in the first third of the book and though the dialogue between the two was witty there wasn't quite enough of it. Oh, but Erik could almost (I said, almost) rival Michael from It Must Have Been the Moonlight (who is my all time fav hero). She sure knows how to write a hero.
Elli
Feb 29, 2012 Elli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2012
Had to push & push myself to finish this book -- it kept skirting the DNF line. Female paleontologist is heroine, which gives it another angle, but the writing & storyline didn't work for me. And why oh why would there be fossils in a volcanic complex? Geesh--fails the geonerd test of authenticity.
Viohlet
May Mostly Romance
หนังสือเลมนีเปนเลมแรกในชุด Magical Bliss แตไมตองคิดอะไรมากนะคะเพราะสิงทีเชือมแตละเลมเขาไวดวยกันกคือ แหวนทีเชือกันวา สามารถมอบสิงทีผูสวมตองการมากทีสุดใหได ดังนันแมกซจึงไมแนใจวา เลมทีสองในชุดจะมีความเกียวของกับเลมนีมากนอยเพียงใด อาจจะเปนเรืองของตัวละครรองในเลมนี (แตแมกซกยังไมเหนแววใครโดดเดนชัดเจน แตอาจจะเปนนองสาวพระเอกกได) หรืออาจเปนเรืองของคนอืนไปเลยกได (เพียงแตคนนันไดแหวนไป)

แตเหนพูดเกียวกับแหวนทีใหพรวิเศษได แฟนพารานอมอลกไมตองดีใจมากนะคะ เพราะเรืองนีแทบไมมีประเดนเกียวกับเรืองเหนือธรรมชาติเลยดวยซำ
Lover of Romance
After ten years, Christine is shocked to see the one man that showed her passion and love, but ended their young courtship to marry someone else. Christine, now recently losing her father, has taken over her father's work and over the past ten years has dedicated herself to the work as a Paleontologist. Erik comes to her with a proposal, that there is a marvelous find on his land that she can't resist, since it is part of her dream of being taken seriously as a scientists, however she must agree ...more
Tracey
May 19, 2015 Tracey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author did a truly outstanding job! Melody Thomas has a remarkable way of writing that keeps me wanting to read more. This was a great romance with a twist of a magic ring, a dragon, a mystery murder, and a beautiful love story. Melody Thomas is definitely a one click buy author! I have several of her books and love all of them!
Stephanie
Feb 27, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This untraditional romance starts ten years AFTER our main characters hook up and break up. Wrapped up in an archeological murder mystery, this story explores for what people will sell their souls...in a light, romance-y, happy ending sort of way. It was refreshing to have a leading lady so oblivious to social convention and a hero smart enough to appreciate it. I do wonder, however, how accurate the archeology and paleontology ideas are. Still, all in all, a good read.
Kelly
Apr 27, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It got better about 1/2 through the book. I liked how the MC wasn't a sap and the hero, while dominant in his own way, did everything for the MC even when she didn't know it. It closed up fairly fast after a few of the plot questions were cleared up.
Mary Vilarino
Jun 09, 2013 Mary Vilarino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this book even if the ending petered out somewhat. I liked the interaction between Eric and Christine. The Beast was not such a beast and the beauty was not such a beauty but an independent miss who loved her beast.
Cassie
Feb 21, 2012 Cassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, kindle
this could have easily been a favorite of mine...but something was missing. maybe more details? I cant seem to pin point it, but something or somethings were missing from this story.
Brooke Springer
It was an okay story, I just found it difficult to read at some points. I did not get the tension and problems that the main couple supposedly endured.
Carrie Felton
Apr 16, 2012 Carrie Felton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Good but there are some slow parts. Wouldn't get a four if there weren't so many good quotes and funny scenes
SY
Jun 25, 2011 SY rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a smart heroine but hate long separations. There were Two wives in between her and the hero.
Christina
Feb 18, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2012
Loved the palenotology angle and the great, mysterious Scottish castle with secrets.
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Not bad at all, would've given it 4 stars with a slightly altered ending.
Sam
Siti Sarah
Slow and boring book. But still OK to read it.
Kathy
Sep 12, 2014 Rynna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-novel
boring
Nola Johnsen
Nola Johnsen rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Cassie Feldman
Cassie Feldman marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
christy bergin
christy bergin rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Ashwise
Ashwise marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 11:44AM
  • The Duke's Captive (Winter Garden #4)
  • Tempting a Proper Lady (Brides of Nevarton Chase, #1)
  • When Seducing a Duke (Victorian Soap Opera, #1)
  • Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)
  • The Tattooed Duke (The Writing Girls, #3)
  • To Marry the Duke (American Heiresses, #1)
  • The Mad, Bad Duke (Nvengaria, #2)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • Wedding of the Season (Abandoned at the Altar, #1)
  • The Making of a Gentleman (The Sons of the Revolution, #2)
  • The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions, #2)
  • A Duke to Die For (The Rogues' Dynasty #1)
  • Lessons in French
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • The Veil of Night (Night, #1)
  • How to Tame a Lady (Daughtry Family, #2)
  • The Viscount's Wicked Ways
  • By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1)
Years after receiving my Criminal Justice degree from the University of Oklahoma , I discovered the
historical romance genre. True legends like M.M Kaye, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Judith McNaught, and
Penelope Williamson, sparked my love for writing and convinced me I wanted only to do one thing in
my life and that was to create great stories alive with grit and passion.

In the past, I've written western
More about Melody Thomas...

Mystical Bliss (2 books)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)