Start by marking “Diplomatic Incidents: The Memoirs Of An (Un)Diplomatic Wife” as Want to Read:
Diplomatic Incidents: The Memoirs Of An (Un)Diplomatic Wife

Diplomatic Incidents: The Memoirs Of An (Un)Diplomatic Wife

3.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  74 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The hilariously and candid memoirs of an (un)diplomatic wife
Cherry Denman offers herwitty take on25 yearstrailing husband Charlie, a UK diplomat,around some of the mostfarflung outposts of the world.Describing herself as areluctant traveler, she shares adventuroustales of cultural collision,sparing herself no embarrassment. From wearing a gold lamé Mao suit at a diplo
Published May 13th 2010 by John Murray

To ask other readers questions about Diplomatic Incidents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diplomatic Incidents

Ingrid
Jan 04, 2016 Ingrid rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Many potentially good anecdotes about expat life but none of them are truly told. It seems like reading about slithers of an experience that could have been so much more enriching if only the author had given and shared more rather than telling us what she took from these adventures. Too condescending and self-centred to be really interesting. The author's sketches are a great deal more detailed than her writing. Drawing is clearly her forte.
Christy
One of my co-workers picked up this 224 page book in an airport while on the way back from a trip to Iceland. Denman is British and her husband was a diplomat for about 25 years in various posts. The book is a collection of anecdotes both from her own experiences and also from stories told to them by others in the diplomatic community. These are tales of cultural faux pas, suspected surveillance, and travel. I’m betting that Denman is a hoot at parties, the guest who tells all the best stories. ...more
Katrina Tan
Laugh out loud funny. A quick and brainless read, but fun nonetheless.
Ridho Fauzi
i want read these book please
Airaology
Jun 28, 2011 Airaology rated it really liked it
I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW WHY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FINISH THIS. (Maybe it was other books) but it's deliciously saucy and full of witty. This is the kind of book you want to read in bed wearing sexy lingerie and sipping hot chocolate (which I have tried and lemme be honest, it felt GREAT)
Claire
Feb 14, 2012 Claire rated it it was ok
Quite a few laugh out loud moments and situations I could relate to from my own experiences.Felt as if it had been padded out to make it enough for a whole book and I am sure some of the incidents must have been embellished a tad to make them more interesting in the telling.
Razia Khan
Hilarious! Thoroughly recommended in the 'rubbish read' category. This is the kind of book you read on a plane, when you can't get into anything more serious. Seriously laugh out loud funny. Everyone needs to lighten up on occasion.
Yvette Van wijk
Aug 05, 2013 Yvette Van wijk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light-hearted, but well written and if you have travelled to those places a delightful memory jerker and a good laugh! Wonderfully irreverent re upper crust values and mores!
Andrew
Jan 14, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun romp. I highly recommend it for all my expat colleagues. For those of you who have not enjoyed the expat lifestyle, some of it might fall a little flat.
Dec 24, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very entertaining quick read particularly if you've lived abroad
Jennifer Lavelle
Aug 31, 2012 Jennifer Lavelle rated it liked it
A few laugh out loud moments and scenarios that I could relate to! Read like more of a list than a book but still enjoyable.
Lynda
Mar 04, 2012 Lynda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
very funny experiences of a diplomat's wife abroad.Different kind of book for me but I enjoyed it.
Sunny
Dec 15, 2012 Sunny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I collect diplomatic memoirs and can say with authority that this is the funniest ever.
Lucy
Jul 08, 2013 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it, my only complaint is that it is too short! please write another :)
Alla
Feb 25, 2012 Alla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Author is trying so hard to be hilarious, it's painful to watch.
Lydia
Hilarious and awesome. Read it!
Jul 27, 2011 Sarah added it
Loved it!
Mr. G COLVILLE
Mr. G COLVILLE rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Joana Tubal
Joana Tubal marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Vandana
Vandana marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Magdalena Rahn
Magdalena Rahn rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Jnewlen
Jnewlen marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Desiree Tung
Desiree Tung rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Abed Alrhman
Abed Alrhman marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Ben Robinette
Ben Robinette rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2015
Kate Young
Kate Young rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Barbora
Barbora rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015