Start by marking “And Then There Was You: Island of Flowers / Less of a Stranger” as Want to Read:
And Then There Was You: Island of Flowers / Less of a Stranger

And Then There Was You: Island of Flowers / Less of a Stranger

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  398 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Two unforgettable stories from #1 New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Nora Roberts

Island of Flowers

Finally ready to face the past, Laine Simmons has traveled to Hawaii to reconcile with the father she barely remembers. She didn't, however, come halfway around the world to be accused of having ulterior motives by Dillon O'Brian — her father's judgmental, not to
Published October 26th 2010 by Silhouette (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about And Then There Was You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then There Was You

Maura
Patricia Solla
Apr 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
This is actually two stories about women, family and love. The first story is set in Hawaii. A daughter goes home after her mother dies to find the father she was taken from in a divorce action. She knows what her mother has done only partially. As her relationship develops with her father she is also developing a relationship with a man who has been with her father as a friend and business partner.
Here again we see that people can be lead to believe in one thing when exactly the opposite is tru
Annalisa
two of Robert’s older books: Island of Flowers(1982) and Less of a Stranger (1984)
Kimmy
Jul 19, 2015 Kimmy rated it it was ok
Good stories ...rushed endings however. Disappointed a bit.
Esme
Jun 17, 2014 Esme added it
DNF. I read the first novella, but got caught up in other books before I got to the second. I don't like Nora Roberts' older books as much as her more recent stuff. They're not as well written, and have less life to them.
Debbie West
Oct 15, 2014 Debbie West rated it really liked it
2 light cute romances! i enjoyed both of them!
S Miller
Jun 11, 2016 S Miller added it
Shelves: r
Used - Very good
Gina
Aug 01, 2012 Gina rated it liked it
It's two...two...two books in one. And while I enjoyed the byplay between the hero and heroine in Book I, I despised the hero and heroine in Book II. I can't really say why. Maybe it was his I want you/go away, I'm buying your business out from under you/but it's okay because I'm telling you before I actually do it attitude. Maybe I couldn't get past the fact that when he first sees her, he thinks she's 20 but still pursues her even though he's 31. Whatever the reasoning, it just didn't click fo ...more
Cary
Jun 16, 2012 Cary rated it liked it
I had read these 2 short stories before but could not totally recall them enough to review them so... They were sweet with young women as heroines who weren't experienced in love but managed to find themselves the object of desire from a rich handsome young man! So true to real life!!! Ha! Anyways love him, hate him, fight, misunderstand, etc. and end up right where you would expect.
Wendy
Jan 28, 2011 Wendy rated it liked it
The first story was a sweet story, a simple and easy read. The second story I struggled to connect with the male character, Katch. His aggressiveness made it difficult for me to see Megan with him. By the end of the story I was convinced that Katch was a nice guy.
Lyrissa
Sep 07, 2011 Lyrissa rated it really liked it
This was 2 books in 1. The first was Island of Flowers and the second was Less of a Stranger. Both were decent love stories with the typical amount of sexual tension.
Donna
Aug 07, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it

You can tell these are early works of Nora Roberts. Enjoyable but not her best. If you are a Nora fan than you will enjoy.
Hope Frost
Nov 07, 2013 Hope Frost rated it liked it
I had a hard time connecting to this story. I ended up liking it, but it was predictable and almost to "storybook".
Bonnie
Jan 29, 2013 Bonnie rated it liked it
Included: "Islands of Flowers" & "Less of a Stranger"
Brandie
Jun 06, 2013 Brandie rated it liked it
Book 1 was better than book 2 . Okay short sweet reads .
Ali
May 17, 2013 Ali rated it it was ok
Pretty old fashioned, but still charming.
Kimberly Wolfe
Sep 08, 2012 Kimberly Wolfe rated it really liked it
You can never go wrong with Nora Roberts!
Annette Meier
Aug 21, 2011 Annette Meier rated it really liked it
Two very sweet short romances!
Natasha W
Leah Reyes
Jul 06, 2013 Leah Reyes rated it it was amazing
Great book
Amber Fountain
Amber Fountain marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Maryann Seaman phillippe
Maryann Seaman phillippe marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Lorraine Sherblum
Lorraine Sherblum rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Brandie
Brandie rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Ramya
Ramya rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Kellie Garbutt
Kellie Garbutt marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Danielle Evens
Danielle Evens marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Stacey LaForge
Stacey LaForge marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Lone Stallion's Lady (Montana Mavericks)
  • Entwined: Darren's Story
  • Her Favorite Hot Doc (Windy City Romance #3)
  • Full Strength (Las Vegas Sinners, #2)
  • The Scandals of an Innocent (The Brides of Fortune, #2)
  • To Wed a Wicked Prince (Cavendish Square, #2)
  • Friends to Lovers (Aisle Bound, #3)
  • Iced Romance
  • Season of Strangers (Paranormal Series II, #3)
  • Part of the Bargain
  • Maybe Baby
  • Second Chance Grill (Liberty, #1)
  • Nora Roberts
  • Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)
  • Sooner or Later
  • The Women's Devotional Guide to the Bible: A One-Year Plan for Studying, Praying, and Responding to God's Word
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...