Start by marking “A Cup of Comfort for Teachers: Heartwarming Stories of People Who Mentor, Motivate, and Inspire” as Want to Read:

"It's the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." —Albert Einstein

Every single day in countless classrooms all around the world, teachers inform young minds—and transform young lives. In this moving collection of true stories, you'll meet more than fifty remarkable people who've made a big difference in a struggling student's life—on
Published August 1st 2007 by Cup of Comfort (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Cup of Comfort for Teachers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cup of Comfort for Teachers

Amanda
Jun 06, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I got this for 25 cents at a used book sale, and figured as a teacher who is frustrated and burned out with "the system," it was worth a shot. And it was, I suppose. It's kind of an overdose of sappy and saccharine stories, and I felt like all of the stories were edited in such a way that no one writer had an individual voice. It seemed like they all came from the same person (even though I know they didn't). But, a few of the stories in there left an impression on me, and it was a nice brea ...more
Sidra
Dec 06, 2012 Sidra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well, the book had me in tears and laughing. I am very glad to have picked it up at the booksale. it reminded me of all the good things of becoming a teacher. although, what really touched me was seeing how teachers who were compassionate were the ones who were loved the most. as a new teacher, the old ones sometimes make you feel guilty of being friendly and caring for the students. I am really glad this is not the actual case in real life classrooms.
Elizabeth
Feb 10, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teacher-stuff
I love books like this. Books with all sorts of stories about teaching. When I have doubt that I can be a teacher, that I can deal with the hard things that will come with this job...I just need to remember to pick up one of these books, read one of the stories, and be reminded of why I'm doing this.
Tina
Much like the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books, I am enjoying this as inspiration to be the best teacher I can be when we return in September. I enjoy reading books like this in the summer - gets me rejuvinated!
Kelly
Another collection of sweet stories with Teachers as the focus.
Aug 05, 2008 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teaching-related
Basically a pedagogical version of Chicken Soup For the Soul. A bit too saccharine at times but ideal for those times when you need a sentimental pick-me-up.
Amy
Aug 15, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good sappy book full of heartwarming stories about teachers. I enjoyed it, and made me think of my impact on my students.
Whitney Grady
May 19, 2014 Whitney Grady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this anthology! It is a great teacher gift! I also happened to be the author of the lead story in it! Enjoy this inspirational read!
Gracel
Feb 10, 2013 Gracel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my most fave book as of now.
most of the selections got me teary-eyed after reading..
it makes me proud to be a mentor.
Maureen
Maureen rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2009
Jess B
Jess B rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Sharper1
Sharper1 rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2011
Bonnie Walker
Bonnie Walker rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Navmi
Navmi rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2013
brendasam
brendasam rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Heidi Weissman rogers
Wonderful essays that reminded me of situations I've encountered on my 30+ years of teaching.
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2011
Britt
Britt rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
Shabm
Shabm rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Lindsay
Sep 01, 2014 Lindsay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
This book is full of cute little stories that are uplifting, funny and sometimes sad.....
Brittney Hale Poole
Brittney Hale Poole rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2017
Dianna
Dianna rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2007
Vixey
Vixey rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2012
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Ann
May 26, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of stories deals with the role of teaching in different educational settings.
Karla
Karla rated it liked it
May 16, 2011
Elissa
Elissa rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
32047
Colleen Sell is a freelance writer and editor with expertise in book and magazine development and a passion for storytelling. Her professional experience also includes content development & management and marketing communications development & management.

Since 1999, Colleen has provided writing, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading, editorial development, content management, publishing cons
More about Colleen Sell...