Start by marking “A Cup of Comfort for Teachers: Heartwarming Stories of People Who Mentor, Motivate, and Inspire” as Want to Read:

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Virtually everyone can recall a special teacher, coach, or mentor who opened his or her eyes to a new outlook on life. Teachers guide us to read, write, imagine, explore, and understand; they teach us to count, and they teach us what counts in life. Teachers touch millions of young lives every day with their dedication, passion, and generosity. A Cup of Comfort for Teacher ...more
Published November 17th 2008 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Cup of Comfort for Teachers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cup of Comfort for Teachers

Whitney Grady
I love this anthology! It is a great teacher gift! I also happened to be the author of the lead story in it! Enjoy this inspirational read!
Elizabeth
I love books like this. Books with all sorts of stories about teaching. When I have doubt that I can be a teacher, that I can deal with the hard things that will come with this job...I just need to remember to pick up one of these books, read one of the stories, and be reminded of why I'm doing this.
Amanda
So, I got this for 25 cents at a used book sale, and figured as a teacher who is frustrated and burned out with "the system," it was worth a shot. And it was, I suppose. It's kind of an overdose of sappy and saccharine stories, and I felt like all of the stories were edited in such a way that no one writer had an individual voice. It seemed like they all came from the same person (even though I know they didn't). But, a few of the stories in there left an impression on me, and it was a nice brea ...more
Sidra
well, the book had me in tears and laughing. I am very glad to have picked it up at the booksale. it reminded me of all the good things of becoming a teacher. although, what really touched me was seeing how teachers who were compassionate were the ones who were loved the most. as a new teacher, the old ones sometimes make you feel guilty of being friendly and caring for the students. I am really glad this is not the actual case in real life classrooms.
Tina
Much like the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books, I am enjoying this as inspiration to be the best teacher I can be when we return in September. I enjoy reading books like this in the summer - gets me rejuvinated!
Basically a pedagogical version of Chicken Soup For the Soul. A bit too saccharine at times but ideal for those times when you need a sentimental pick-me-up.
Amy
This was a good sappy book full of heartwarming stories about teachers. I enjoyed it, and made me think of my impact on my students.
Gracel
my most fave book as of now.
most of the selections got me teary-eyed after reading..
it makes me proud to be a mentor.
Kelly
Another collection of sweet stories with Teachers as the focus.
Heidi Weissman rogers
Wonderful essays that reminded me of situations I've encountered on my 30+ years of teaching.
Lindsay
This book is full of cute little stories that are uplifting, funny and sometimes sad.....
Mohd Azrul
Mohd Azrul marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Escarleth
Escarleth marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Chammelie
Chammelie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Nga Pham
Nga Pham marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Denise Marsh
Denise Marsh marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Melissa Kormann
Melissa Kormann is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
Megan
Megan is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2014
Heather Bettinardi
Heather Bettinardi is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2014
Kristi Wiggins
Kristi Wiggins marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Nima Salehi
Nima Salehi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Cindy Newton
Cindy Newton marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
32047
Colleen Sell is a freelance writer and editor with expertise in book and magazine development and a passion for storytelling. Her professional experience also includes content development & management and marketing communications development & management.

Since 1999, Colleen has provided writing, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading, editorial development, content management, publishing cons
More about Colleen Sell...
A Cup of Comfort: Stories That Warm Your Heart, Lift Your Spirit, and Enrich Your Life A Cup of Comfort for Christmas A Cup of Comfort for Friends: Stories That Celebrate the Special People in Our Lives A Cup of Comfort for Women: Stories That Celebrate the Strength and Grace of Womanhood A Cup of Comfort for Writers: Inspirational Stories That Celebrate the Literary Life