Start by marking “Molly Moon the Morphing Mystery” as Want to Read:
Molly Moon  the Morphing Mystery

Molly Moon the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon #5)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,617 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Molly Moon is back! Not only can she hypnotize anyone who crosses her path, travel through time and read minds, now she has a new power: morphing! From human to animal and back again, Molly must find her way back to her own body—and save the world while she’s at it—before it’s too late. In this fifth book in the wildly popular Molly Moon series, Molly is braver than ever b ...more
Published May 4th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon the Morphing Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon the Morphing Mystery

Amreen
Dec 08, 2012 Amreen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, middle-grade
Let me just start by saying that the Molly Moon series is one of my absolute favorites. I'm aware that it's directed at a bit of younger audience but I still find the books to be thoroughly enjoyable. Molly Moon never fails to be entertaining. I found myself laughing, applauding, and loving every thing this story had to offer.

They have a lot of potential and I think these books should have been a bigger hit. They're kinda recent, this is the 5th installment in the series and it was first publis
Amy
May 29, 2010 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really meets the expectations set by the series. The Molly Moon series is not one that you feel "just need to end"; all of the books in the series are equally good. Although this is a children's series, it is worth your time if you are looking for a very quick, cute, and easy-to-read story. I am in high school, and I still love Molly Moon!
smoreads
although i am still enamored with molly et al., in my opinion this was the weakest of the molly moon novels. i was disturbed by how often petula was knocked unconscious or injured, i hoped for some sort of twist involving lily that never came (otherwise, i really don't see what she added to the plot), and i really, really wished that molly, as the termite queen, had kicked some serious Hunroe arse w/the help of THOUSANDS of her masticating minions.

it was still good, but don't judge the entire s
Oct 10, 2011 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Molly Moon and the Morphing Mystery , Molly and Mickey are sent by a group of women to retrieve the second book on hypnotism from a man who, presumably, is going to use the book for evil. Partway through their quest, the twins learn how to morph--jumping into the bodies of insects, birds, and even people! While they hunt down the book, a strange man is also hunting Molly, whom he believes to be an alien. However, nobody is who they seem (especially when someone may be coinhabiting their body ...more
George
2.5 stars. My 8-11 year old friends are way more into this than I am. Maybe if I could time travel to my younger self (at the targeted audience age) and easily rank this 5 stars. ?? I don't care for the morphing bit at all. I love the idea of Hypnotism Volume 2 now in the picture.
Ajooni
Nov 16, 2016 Ajooni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Nice sequel of the last book! I loved the setting of the last half. If you enjoyed the 1st Molly Moon books, you will like this one too! Her new power are GREAT!!!! You can probably tell what they are from the title but..................................... YOU WILL LOVE THIS. make sure you read the ones before this so you understand it though.
Tazca
Oct 13, 2015 Tazca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The beginning of Eternity, the end of space, the beginning of every end and the end of every place. What am I?”
Tazca Levitt
Molly Moon and the Morphing Mystery
By: Byng, Georgia
408 pages

I loved this book number one because it has a pug in it, but number two because Georgia writes beautifully and knows how a child feels. Sometimes some adults just write books about kids and how they feel like if they were adults. She writes like if she were Molly, and Micky and the other children. I also think th
Cathyl
Feb 04, 2015 Cathyl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katerpillar
My Review: It was okay, then it was great, then it was weird, then it was bad. The ending was a big disappointment. I wish Georgia Byng would write another Molly Moon, and that this one is better!

And, oh yes, Reader Ducky 1023 will be joining us for the next part. So don't look if you haven't read the book!
(view spoiler)
Claire
Sep 08, 2012 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Molly Moon and Micky Minus, Molly's twin brother from the future, go on a trip to London with there tutor, Mrs. Hunroe, the twins find out a big mission that Molly and Micky need to do. They have to get a book. But during this whole mission, Micky and Molly find out how to morph into people and animals bodies. But the twins find a secret that Mrs. Hunroe has kept from them. Read this mind-reading book to find out what the secret is.

I loved this book because it made me want to read more. It
Luisa Sett
Esta saga, joder. Esta saga suposo una parte muy importante de mi infancia. Con ella compredí realmente el amor tan intenso que siento hacia la lectura. Recuerdo sumergirme en sus páginas, en las aventuras de Molly, y olvidarme de los problemas... Como he hecho innumerables veces después. Tengo que agradecerle mucho a Georgia Byng por estos libros, pero para que nos vamos a engañar, apenas los recuerdo. Detalles sueltos, escenas concretas, personajes y poco más. Y de verdad me gustaría volver a ...more
Berkeley Poder
Jan 23, 2017 Berkeley Poder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly Moon a special girl with amazing powers that most people don't have or know about.
But her powers were used by a lady who she thought was a good person when she met her.
Once finding out the truth about the lady and her friends,Molly makes a promise that she will do what is right.
Can she a complet her promise or will she end up losing and watch people dying?
Read the book to find out.
Jayne
Jun 13, 2010 Jayne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why I liked this book? Because Molly Moon is so outrageous my granddaughters can't believe it. I told Macy - she's your age, a hypnotist, mind reader, time traveler, and now she can morph into animal and human bodies! And, best of all, her dog is a pug.
Spoiler alert:
Of all her books, this one was a little preachy, although the method of imparting the information was good, it seemed like a bit much. I also was surprised how the author killed off all the "bad guys".

Trinity Webster
Nov 17, 2014 Trinity Webster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly and Micky Moon are set off on an adventure discovering new powers and find themselves transporting to different places around the globe. Molly is no ordinary girl but, just an average Moon family member. She soon discovers her new power 'morphing', which allows her to change and transfer herself into another being or object just by looking at them. On this journey she even gets the experience of being the queen of England! This gives you an experience of your own that you won't forget!
Emily W
May 10, 2010 Emily W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mira
Jan 19, 2016 Mira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book like I knew I would. This whole series held my attention as soon as I started reading it. I actually read the last book first before I realized it was a series. I didn't have anything like this to read when I was growing up. I would definitely let my kids read these books they would love them. I highly recommend this book as I have all the others. Molly Moon is a great character and a joy to read.
Galy
Mar 01, 2014 Galy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leí este libro de más mayor en comparación con el resto de libros de la serie pero me gustó tanto como el resto. Al ser una de las series de libros de mi infancia me parece tiene algo especial que no se va con el tiempo. En este libro los protagonistas tienen un nuevo reto y descubren nuevas habilidades, como en los anteriores. Pero cuidado, las apariencias engañan.
Jade Liu
Fun book, albeit a bit predictable. There were plot twists with regards to the characters, but the way the book introduces them, it was not difficult to guess what ends up happening next. Morphing sounds like an awesome experience though! Hypnotism, time stopping, time travel, and morphing are the types of things that all kids (and adults...if I dare say so myself) love to imagine.
EverAfter1904
This a very good series. I first started reading this series when I was in third grade. My teacher read it to us for read aloud and from then on I was inclined to this series. This is a really good book and I suggest that kids 8-12 read it. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did reading it.
Yanila
Dec 14, 2014 Yanila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptionally well written Georgia Byng. I am looking forward to reading more of your books. I don't have much negatives on this book in fact I have no negatives at all. That's why I'm giving it a 5 star
Emma
Feb 04, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molly is sent on a mission to get the second hypnotism book from Mr. Black, but there's a problem. She's gotten who's bad and who's good all wrong. This book was a fun, and enjoyable read. I would recommend it to kids 8 and up.
Tiffiny
I didn't listen to this one like I did the other in this series, and I have to say the performer made it much more interesting and fun than the performer in my own head. When it comes out on disk I'll have to listen to it anew.
Readingworm
Mar 08, 2011 Readingworm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgia Byng has done it again! Even though I am used to Molly running free without her parent's guidance, this wasn't half bad. I'd prefer it if she was still an orphan, though. Or her parents were less strict. Can't wait for the next one!
Andi
I just got this book to review. I haven't read any of them yet but I like the first chapter in this one so far. Is there a multicultural component? Has anyone discussed race/ethnicity in these books? What about the adoption theme? Any discussions?
Anna Lembke
Mar 05, 2014 Anna Lembke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first series I ever really loved. I still find these books amazingly enjoyable and lighthearted.
This one was my very favorite out, and I loved the weather control! Such amazing ideas were packed into making Molly and Rocky and Petunia come to life!
Elinor
May 21, 2013 Elinor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I began reading the Molly Moon books when I was twelwe and I loved them. The experience is definitely not the same now that I am an adult, but this book does definitely not disappoint me and I am sure that twelwe year old me would have loved it. Georgia Byng is very creative, as always.
Hope Lily-Anne
Mar 10, 2014 Hope Lily-Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Books aimed for children have such excellent imagination layered within it, just like the very popular Harry Potter series. Georgia Byng strings these worlds and these characters so beautifully.
5 stars, definitely.
Sven
Jun 13, 2014 Sven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a fan of this series when I was younger and I read this one today! Even though it's not meant for my age group, it's still pretty amazing and I enjoyed reading it. Brought back memories as well!
Abby Grace27
Mar 11, 2016 Abby Grace27 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book. I would recommend it for kids older than 7. This book is a little long winded that's why I gave it one less star but other than that I think that this book was very good. Definitely go buy it.
NewFranklin School
This book is a fantastic read because of one miraculous journey of a orphan named Molly Moon the mistresses dog (technically her dog now) and her best friend Molly Moon and the pup try to master the tequnineke
What is your favorite character 3 11 Aug 31, 2013 05:51AM
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Stories of Ourselves: The University of Cambridge International Examinations Anthology of Stories in English
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • Being Magdalene (I Am Not Esther, #3)
  • Paddington Races Ahead (Paddington, #13)
  • Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Literacy Resource Packet
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • Rise of the Darklings (The Invisible Order, #1)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Undertakers, #2)
  • The Tasters Guild (Poisons of Caux, #2)
  • Waggit Forever
  • Not Bad for a Bad Lad
  • Chicken Feathers
  • Vroom with a View: In Search of Italy's Dolce Vita on a '61 Vespa
  • Fred and Ted's Road Trip
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Magician of Hoad
  • The Bone Magician (Tales From The Sinister City, #2)
Lady Georgia Mary Caroline Byng, (b. 1965), is a British author of children's books and a former actress. Her first writing was for a comic strip, and her first published book was The Sock Monsters. Byng's best known work is Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism and its sequels, about a girl who finds a book about hypnotism and learns how to hypnotize people. Georgia's first published item was ...more
More about Georgia Byng...

Molly Moon (6 books)
  • Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1)
  • Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2)
  • Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3)
  • Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine (Molly Moon, #4)
  • Molly Moon & the Monster Music (Molly Moon, #6)

“The beginning of Eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place. What am I?”
5 likes