Start by marking “Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery” as Want to Read:
Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery
Preview

Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon #5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,242 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Molly Moon is back! Not only can she hypnotize anyone who crosses her path, travel through time and read minds, now she has a new power: morphing! From human to animal and back again, Molly must find her way back to her own body—and save the world while she’s at it—before it’s too late. In this fifth book in the wildly popular Molly Moon series, Molly is braver than ever b ...more
Published May 4th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery

Amy
This book really meets the expectations set by the series. The Molly Moon series is not one that you feel "just need to end"; all of the books in the series are equally good. Although this is a children's series, it is worth your time if you are looking for a very quick, cute, and easy-to-read story. I am in high school, and I still love Molly Moon!
Amreen
Let me just start by saying that the Molly Moon series is one of my absolute favorites. I'm aware that it's directed at a bit of younger audience but I still find the books to be thoroughly enjoyable.Molly Moon never fails to be entertaining. I found myself laughing, applauding, and loving every thing this story had to offer.

They have a lot of potential and I think these books should have been a bigger hit. They're kinda recent, this is the 5th installment in the series and it was first publishe
In Molly Moon and the Morphing Mystery , Molly and Mickey are sent by a group of women to retrieve the second book on hypnotism from a man who, presumably, is going to use the book for evil. Partway through their quest, the twins learn how to morph--jumping into the bodies of insects, birds, and even people! While they hunt down the book, a strange man is also hunting Molly, whom he believes to be an alien. However, nobody is who they seem (especially when someone may be coinhabiting their body ...more
smoreads
although i am still enamored with molly et al., in my opinion this was the weakest of the molly moon novels. i was disturbed by how often petula was knocked unconscious or injured, i hoped for some sort of twist involving lily that never came (otherwise, i really don't see what she added to the plot), and i really, really wished that molly, as the termite queen, had kicked some serious Hunroe arse w/the help of THOUSANDS of her masticating minions.

it was still good, but don't judge the entire s
Cathyl
Monica
2.5 stars. My 8-11 year old friends are way more into this than I am. Maybe if I could time travel to my younger self (at the targeted audience age) and easily rank this 5 stars. ?? I don't care for the morphing bit at all. I love the idea of Hypnotism Volume 2 now in the picture.
Trinity Webster
Molly and Micky Moon are set off on an adventure discovering new powers and find themselves transporting to different places around the globe. Molly is no ordinary girl but, just an average Moon family member. She soon discovers her new power 'morphing', which allows her to change and transfer herself into another being or object just by looking at them. On this journey she even gets the experience of being the queen of England! This gives you an experience of your own that you won't forget!
Ali Mac Book-Pro
My Review: It was okay, then it was great, then it was weird, then it was bad. The ending was a big disappointment. I wish Georgia Byng would write another Molly Moon, and that this one is better!

And, oh yes, Reader Ducky 1023 will be joining us for the next part. So don't look if you haven't read the book!
(view spoiler)
Luisa Sett
Esta saga, joder. Esta saga suposo una parte muy importante de mi infancia. Con ella compredí realmente el amor tan intenso que siento hacia la lectura. Recuerdo sumergirme en sus páginas, en las aventuras de Molly, y olvidarme de los problemas... Como he hecho innumerables veces después. Tengo que agradecerle mucho a Georgia Byng por estos libros, pero para que nos vamos a engañar, apenas los recuerdo. Detalles sueltos, escenas concretas, personajes y poco más. Y de verdad me gustaría volver a ...more
Anna Lembke
This was the first series I ever really loved. I still find these books amazingly enjoyable and lighthearted.
This one was my very favorite out, and I loved the weather control! Such amazing ideas were packed into making Molly and Rocky and Petunia come to life!
Hope Rein
Books aimed for children have such excellent imagination layered within it, just like the very popular Harry Potter series. Georgia Byng strings these worlds and these characters so beautifully.
5 stars, definitely.
Yanila
Exceptionally well written Georgia Byng. I am looking forward to reading more of your books. I don't have much negatives on this book in fact I have no negatives at all. That's why I'm giving it a 5 star
Sven
I was a fan of this series when I was younger and I read this one today! Even though it's not meant for my age group, it's still pretty amazing and I enjoyed reading it. Brought back memories as well!
Claire
When Molly Moon and Micky Minus, Molly's twin brother from the future, go on a trip to London with there tutor, Mrs. Hunroe, the twins find out a big mission that Molly and Micky need to do. They have to get a book. But during this whole mission, Micky and Molly find out how to morph into people and animals bodies. But the twins find a secret that Mrs. Hunroe has kept from them. Read this mind-reading book to find out what the secret is.

I loved this book because it made me want to read more. It
Elisha
Mar 05, 2015 Elisha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4th and 5th graders
I accidentally read these books out of order. This one is the first book in the series I read. It is really good. I'm excited to read more!
Taliesha
I've read all of the these books and I think they're AMAZING!!!!!!! I liked the bit when... oh never mind... I loved ALL OF IT!!!!
Miriam Lo
Probably the best book to read if you like "not that scary" mysteries.
Hannah
what a mystery it was an awesome plot from different perspectives.
Jayne
Why I liked this book? Because Molly Moon is so outrageous my granddaughters can't believe it. I told Macy - she's your age, a hypnotist, mind reader, time traveler, and now she can morph into animal and human bodies! And, best of all, her dog is a pug.
Spoiler alert:
Of all her books, this one was a little preachy, although the method of imparting the information was good, it seemed like a bit much. I also was surprised how the author killed off all the "bad guys".

Emily W
Mahriya
Very good! I loved it
Shruthi
This a very good series. I first started reading this series when I was in third grade. My teacher read it to us for read aloud and from then on I was inclined to this series. This is a really good book and I suggest that kids 8-12 read it. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did reading it.
Readingworm
Georgia Byng has done it again! Even though I am used to Molly running free without her parent's guidance, this wasn't half bad. I'd prefer it if she was still an orphan, though. Or her parents were less strict. Can't wait for the next one!
Andi
I just got this book to review. I haven't read any of them yet but I like the first chapter in this one so far. Is there a multicultural component? Has anyone discussed race/ethnicity in these books? What about the adoption theme? Any discussions?
Tiffiny
I didn't listen to this one like I did the other in this series, and I have to say the performer made it much more interesting and fun than the performer in my own head. When it comes out on disk I'll have to listen to it anew.
Emma
Molly is sent on a mission to get the second hypnotism book from Mr. Black, but there's a problem. She's gotten who's bad and who's good all wrong. This book was a fun, and enjoyable read. I would recommend it to kids 8 and up.
NewFranklin School
This book is a fantastic read because of one miraculous journey of a orphan named Molly Moon the mistresses dog (technically her dog now) and her best friend Molly Moon and the pup try to master the tequnineke
Roshni
Molly is becoming a superhuman, the book loses its charm as the list of things Molly is incapable of doing grows shorter. She loses her relatable nature by not seeming human anymore "an alien!"
Alyssa
Molly Moon's morphing mysteries is a really good book, the only problem was that at the start it was a little hard to understand what she was trying to say. Other than that it's really good!
What is your favorite character 3 8 Aug 31, 2013 05:51AM
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Applewhites at Wit's End (Applewhites, #2)
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • Urchin and the Rage Tide (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #5)
  • Queen of the Dead (The Undertakers, #2)
  • The Bone Magician (Tales From The Sinister City, #2)
  • May Bird, Warrior Princess (May Bird, #3)
  • Newsgirl
  • Rise of the Darklings (The Invisible Order, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • Mrs. Gorski, I Think I Have The Wiggle Fidgets
  • I, Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #1)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Friend or Fiend? with the Pain and the Great One
  • Crow Country
  • Vroom with a View: In Search of Italy's Dolce Vita on a '61 Vespa
Lady Georgia Mary Caroline Byng, (b. 1965), is a British author of children's books and a former actress. Her first writing was for a comic strip, and her first published book was The Sock Monsters. Byng's best known work is Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism and its sequels, about a girl who finds a book about hypnotism and learns how to hypnotize people. Georgia's first published item was ...more
More about Georgia Byng...

Molly Moon (6 books)
  • Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1)
  • Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2)
  • Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3)
  • Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine (Molly Moon, #4)
  • Molly Moon & the Monster Music (Molly Moon, #6)
Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1) Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2) Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3) Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine (Molly Moon, #4) Molly Moon's Hypnotic Holiday (Molly Moon, #2.5)

“The beginning of Eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place. What am I?”
6 likes