Start by marking “La dame de mes tourments (Les archanges du diable, #2)” as Want to Read:
La dame de mes tourments (Les archanges du diable, #2)

La dame de mes tourments (Devil Riders #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,070 ratings  ·  97 reviews
Harry Morant est célèbre pour sa bravoure sur les champs de bataille mais, après huit ans de loyaux services dans l'armée, il ne rêve que d'une chose, s'établir. Pour commencer, il s'achète un vieux manoir en ruines qu'il envisage de restaurer. Puis, il lui faut trouver une femme. Peu importent les mariages d'amour, ce qu'il recherche, c'est une femme respectable. Or, une ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published June 20th 2012 by J'ai Lu (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about La dame de mes tourments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La dame de mes tourments

Dina
Aug 13, 2010 Dina rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: KarenH
This was a very uneven read to me. What I liked, I loved; what I disliked, I loathed. All things considered, 3 stars is what I came up with in the end.

I adored Harry and Nell. He was a great hero: sweet, understanding, helpful, protective and, yes, passionate. His feelings for Nell never wavered through the story, not even when she revealed her "sordid" past to him. On her part, she was a great heroine too but I admit it took me some time to believe that she she wasn't with Harry only out of gra
Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Sep08

I can’t imagine the heartbreak of losing a child. Maybe it would be more accurate to say I don’t even want to try because it would be too painful. If there could be degrees of such pain, would it be ‘more so’ if the child were taken and disappeared? I’m not about to debate this subject, but this very moving book made me think about what I would do, and what I would be willing to do, if such a horrendous thing happened. Even so, I loved every minu
♡Karlyn P♡
Wonderful! My first by Anne Gracie, and I'll read more. I couldn't put this one down. (Seriously, I left work early and cancelled a dinner plan to finish this one.) I can't believe I haven't read this author before as her writing style is awesome. This story is an emotional story with both sad and happy tears, so beware. Fans of historical regency romances will love this one as it goes for the heart.
Zumbagirl
*****************A MILLION STARS*****************************
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! It wins all my favorite shelves and pushed all my happy buttons. Started this at night - big mistake - got up and read some more, couldn't think of anything else all day - and had to finish it or I'd go crazy. Having read a few of Anne Gracie's books before - all of which I enjoyed, but not with the same addictive quality as this - I was not prepared to be totally blown away.

This shouldn't be a surprise and maybe s
Atunah
Oh my goodness. Bring the hankies for this one. When I thought I didn't have anymore tears left, Mrs. Gracie squeezes out some more.
I don't even know what to say about this one. I didn't totally love the first in this series, but this hits all the spots. It's the second one in series. One heart wrenching scene was just so painful. There are many heart wrenching moments here.

Anne Gracie is one of those authors that when she is on, she is on. And she can get all the emotions out of me. Some of h
BJ Rose
This book is what The Stolen Princess could/should have been - strong heroine with recent horror in her life but getting up each day and dealing with it every way she can; strong hero who had a more-than-miserable childhood but is still a good man, and a storyline that makes the most of these two great people. This is a beautifully written, tender love story of two people who have been starved for love and affection.
Andrea
I'd never have thought that a novel focused on a heroine who has been raped and is searching for her lost baby daughter could be so airy and enchanting. It is that--and more.

The hero, Harry Morant, is just the right blend of commanding alpha male and kind-hearted beta. I just adored him. Even though I cringed at some of his clueless moves, his heart is so full of goodwill that I cheered him on anyway. His unfortunate romantic history and his "bastard" status made me root for him all the more.

Th
Meredith
Let me first say this: I love romance novels. I scour bargain book shelves for them; they are the only reason I frequent yard sales or library bookstores. I am of a mind that plots can be simple and romance can be fantastic. They are my not-so-guilty pleasure.

This book, however, was just awful. For many reasons. First, because it tricked me into thinking that it was going to be a good book. When Nell and Harry first meet, in the rain on the road, and he gives her his hat- I was had. I was excite
Katie(babs)
Anne Gracie’s His Captive Lady was such a wonderful read! I adore all of Anne’s books and she is one of my favorite historical romance authors. Her latest may not have an invisible women running around causing problems, but there is a young woman who must find her missing baby stolen by her father. Helen Freymore reminded me so much of Tess Durbeyfield from the Thomas Hardy classic, Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Poor Helen has been through so much. Not only was she raped by a former associate of he ...more
Chumchum_88
Is it a surprise that I still keep on saying the same thing?...No, so of course I'm gonna say I loved it.

Harry was an amazing hero, with all his cute persistence toward Nell, how he accepted everything about her, how he felt broken every time he say her hurting, simply he was great in every aspect.

Nell was a cute heroin in her small way, most of the story she was grieving, worried and scared. but she had her cute moments as well, like when she arrived at the doorstep of Harry's aunt house and th
Eleni Konstantine
Loved it and loved the characters. Especially loved the banter between the Devil Riders and Harry and his Aunt.
Desi
Wonderful book. Very amusing, fast paced, light read. Perfect for by the pool. The scene where Harry feeds her is priceless and very funny. Loved when the women got physical with the fighting, it was so funny the slap trading. I found the end of their quest to find what Nell's (Lady Helen's) father had taken away from her (at the church where the initial search ended) to be sad but thankfully realistic. Even just getting answers to enable you to move on in real life might have been unlikely, it ...more
MB
This was a very enjoyable romance! I liked how mutual respect turned to caring then turned to love. This is the best hero character I've come across for some time.

I am finding that Anne Gracie is rather a stealth author for me. She slips under the radar and is not as well-known and appreciated as she should be. Her books are emotionally deep and her characterizations are charming. I would compare them to Mary Balogh or Julia Quinn. If you like those authors, you should give her books a try.
Jacqueline
I liked this. The first half was a bit better than the back half but it wasn't terribly noticable. I liked the way that the characters did not keep secrets from each other. And the secret the heroine had was a doozy. It's nice to see an author take that scenario of the woman having an illegitimate child and make it not the big secret. The hero was quite heroic here, marrying her anyway and helping her look for the child who had been stolen away. I quite enjoyed it.
Maria
I have been reading Annie Gracie since I stumbled across one of her books years ago while looking for a new author to read. She has a way of making you ache for her characters and their predicaments. So far this Devil Rider series has been particularly good. I'm looking forward to the next and hope it will be about Rafe.
Sep 24, 2008 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: The Good, The Bad, The Unread
Shelves: romance
Marielle
I love romances and although I wanted to love this one very badly after reading the first pages, it just never really delivered on the promiss.

- the secondairy romance was sweet but totaly useless for the main plot;
- again I couldn't stand how miss Gracie continues to refer to the heroine from book1 as princess of Z. She lost that title after her marriage because she only got it after her first marriage. She'll only keep it if it was hers from birth;
- deja vu: again an insecure hero who thinks h
Shirley Evans
Romance is definitely not my favourite genre. I read this novel while having a medical infusion so it was quite appropriate for the occasion - a pretty unbelievable plot with a little history thrown in and some pretty silly characters. Anne Gracie obviously had great fun writing the sex scenes, they were very imaginative. Her proof reader failed her on at least one occasion putting the horse in two places at the same time. I did get a good laugh when the villain of the piece got his come uppance ...more
Jen
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Couldn't stop reading it.
Juliette Cen
Un roman d'une fluidité impressionnante qui nous empêche de le lâcher avant le mot fin, même si le verbe y est moins flamboyant que chez d'autres auteurs.
J'ai bien évidemment adoré les scènes à Bath, l'humour des échanges avec cette chère tante Maude, l'état d'esprit de Harry, fier et déterminé. L'héroïne est plus commune, mais c'est intéressant d'en avoir fait une femme plutôt banale physiquement, qui irradie sous le regard amoureux de son partenaire.
Un roman tout simple mais très efficace.
Lover of Romance
Harry, upon first meeting Helen feels like he has been run over by a freight train. He is instantly mesmerized by her and can't stop thinking about her. He wonders if their first meeting made a lasting affect on her as she has on him. When he purchases a piece of property that would be perfect for his business pursuits he is shocked to discover her on the property he is about to purchase. Helen, recently has suffered a shock, losing her father and losing everything she has known. When she return ...more
Gail
I just read this book for the second time in about 3 months. I picked it up to glance through it and remind myself of the story, and got sucked right back into it. It is that good. So.
The hero and heroine meet in the rain and have a moment of connection when he helps her before they go their own direction. Then they meet again at an estate she's been evicted from, one he's intending to buy, and that connection tightens. She's an earl's daughter with no money and a deep secret, and he's the basta
Fanny Roswita Ria
Gw suka dengan karakter hero dan heroine-nya plus adegan terakhir antara kakak tiri hero dan heronya sendiri dalam memperbaiki hubungan mereka yg sdh berada dalam kondisi perang dingin selama hidup mereka.

Harry Morrant, anak haram dari seorang bangsawan Earl of Alverleigh, bertemu dengan Lady Helen ,Nell, Freymore dalam keadaan hujan&gerobak yg sederhana membawa sanga heroine kembali ke rumah ibunya. Kondisi Nell yg begitu segar, menurut Harry, dan fantastis sangat memukau heronya sehingga i
D.W. Nichols
La primera novela de la saga, Princesa Furtiva, no me entusiasmó; principalmente por el argumento, tan fantasioso. Una princesa viuda de un país imaginario se escapa con su hijo, que es el heredero al trono, porque el regente, pariente del niño, quiere matarlo para así poder proclamarse rey. Un caballero, tercer hijo de un conde, la ayuda y acaban enamorados y viviendo a cuerpo de rey (nunca mejor dicho) en Zindaria, ese país imaginario con nombre de opereta.

Pero dos cosas sí me gustaron: Harry
Steamywindows♥♫
This was just a lovely read for me. I enjoy this author's style of writing and the story was just what I was looking for: a strong hero with a bit of a need to be shown that he is worthy. A heroine who is strong, but has had life deal her such a rotten hand that you wonder just how much she can endure. There is a bit of a mystery around who mistreated Lady Helen (Nell) -other than her neglectful blighter of a father. I was mystified by why and how Nell could be so very forgiving of her dad, give ...more
Marimarime
Strong,bittersweet read. There are so many layers and nuances in this book that speaks a lot about authors skills. All characters had their background,were not just a background for the main couple and I adored that! Hero was brightest star of it,a reason I endured first part,tame and hard, and heroine was in shock and I kept thinking where is my light,regency romance fix!? As it was first time I read this authors work,I just read it without consulting any reviewers,had no expectations.
Darcy
Awal cerita menarik dan sangat potensial untuk menjadi cerita yang menarik, akan tetapi pada bagian tengah sampai belakang terasa membosankan karena plotnya terasa diulang-ulang bahkan chemistry-nya pertengahan ke belakang juga terasa hambar. Tokoh utama pria menganggumkan dari awal sampai akhir walaupun pada adegan ketika menemukan tokoh villain-nya terasa terlalu berlebihan tidak sesuai dengan gambaran yang sudah dibangun dari awal. Akan tetapi untuk bacaan ringan sich ok saja.
Billi Jean
Well, I love Anne's work, so this book was highly anticipated, but I just, either wasn't in the mood, or it wasn't what I wanted for the characters? That sounds strange, but when you have an idea of what you want for a character, then it doesn't pan out, it's tough to get through. I love her writing, and parts of this book really were wonderful, but it did make me question my next purchase. Sad, and not fair to her, but it happened. I'm back on now though, and really, this just wasn't what I tho ...more
Vina
Beli di Gramedia Emporium Pluit 13 July 2012

Love Harry Morant and Lady Helen Freymore

Harry Morant, anak haram dari seorang Earl dengan pembantunya, pincang, masa kecil tragis.

Lady Helen Freymore, putri seorang earl, ayahnya meninggal ditengah perjalanan menuju penjara karena utang kalah judi.
dan belum lagi alasan kuat dibalik tekadnya harus ke London mencari seseorang...
memilukan hati ...

tidak banyak bisa tulis karena pasti spoiler, secara sinopsis dibelakang buku malah tidak menulis nama heroi
  • An Unexpected Gentleman
  • The Price Of Desire
  • Marrying The Royal Marine (Channel Fleet, #3)
  • Night of Fire (St. Ives Family, #2)
  • A Compromised Lady
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • Conor's Way
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family #4)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Touched by Fire
  • Three Nights of Sin
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Twice Tempted by a Rogue  (Stud Club, #2)
  • One Week As Lovers (Huntington, #3)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
  • Wicked Angel
I've always loved stories. Family legend has it that I used to spend hours playing in the sand pit, with a dog on either side of me and Rocka the horse leaning over me, his head just touching my shoulder, while I told them stories. I have to say, dogs and horses are great audiences, apart from their tendency to drool occasionally. But people are even nicer.

In case you imagine we were a filthy rich
More about Anne Gracie...

Devil Riders (5 books)
  • The Stolen Princess (Devil Riders, #1)
  • To Catch a Bride (Devil Riders, #3)
  • The Accidental Wedding (Devil Riders, #4)
  • Bride by Mistake (Devil Riders, #5)
The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2) The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3) The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4) The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1)