Start by marking “Stepping on Roses, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Stepping on Roses, Volume 3

Stepping on Roses, Volume 3 (Stepping On Roses #3)

4.18  ·  Rating Details ·  1,718 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews

Reads R to L (Japanese Style), for T+ audiences. Sumi begins to regret running away with Nozomu and wonders if she loves him after all. Nozomu's love for her, however, is bordering on becoming an unhealthy obsession. When things heat up and Sumi's life is in danger, will Soichiro come to her rescue?
Published October 5th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stepping on Roses, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stepping on Roses, Volume 3

Shannon
Nov 29, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: creepy, 2011, manga
I am in shock. I didn't believe Nozomu could be any creepier, but apparently it's possible. What a psychopath! It's always the nice guys who end up secretly being serial killers. Like they say about Ted Bundy, 'he was such a nice guy', except for the fact that they found out that he ate people and kept their heads in his fridge. Nozomu may not have murdered anyone, but the guy is a grade-A weirdo. Dude's got major mental problems! The part where he(view spoiler) ...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

My Thoughts:

I was right about Nozomu. That guy is batshit crazy. He needs help and he needs it now. He nearly got them all killed!

I was totally cheering for Soichirou in this volume! Despite his terror regarding fire, he rescued Sumi and No
Jennette
Getting better and creepier! :D
Joti
Aug 23, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Loveliest Evaris
So the story is pretty good. It has a certain charm to it that makes me want to read more.

However..

At times I see glaring mistakes in the art, especially the "splash pages" or whatever you call them (the colored title drawings that may take up one to two pages).

An example is I think the second chapter of this volume with Sumi wearing that black dress? If you look her left shoulder (our right) has fabric between her neck and her shoulder -- I guess you could say the strap part, but on the other s
Becky
Nov 11, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
Dani
Jun 03, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
I love the way this story is building. I thought it was disappointingly shallow at first only to find layers of depth right below the surface.

Sumi is stronger than you think and I like how we are, like Nozomu, lead to believe one thing about her feelings only to find the truth not near as clear cut.

Soichiro beats back at his own fears this volume which was lovely to see. Nozomu's response to Soichiro's actions was spot on - buckling down to his parent's desires. I really enjoyed the introduction
Kayla Warner
Oct 13, 2014 Kayla Warner rated it it was amazing
AHHHHH...some crazy stuff starts going down in this volume! I felt really conflicted about how to feel and who to root for. The characters are a bit inconsistent but I suppose that is what makes it interesting. However, I am a little worried at the way the 2 men in this love triangle are behaving. There is a lot of emotional/physical abuse that goes on towards the lead female character. This means one thing if it's in a story but it's a completely different issue when applied to real life. ...more
Camille
Oct 29, 2012 Camille rated it it was amazing
- Sadly, I was reading this book online. I would rather have read it in a real book...
Well, I finished it within about an hour or two. I thought it was great! I started to think that Nozomu is a vile man. At first I thought like Sumi, and started to fall in love, but when he kidnapped her I felt that he was doing everything out of his own feelings. He didn't even pay attention to how Sumi felt.

~ If you love something let it go. If it comes back it's yours to keep. If it doesn't it was never you
Snarky Hatter
Mar 12, 2013 Snarky Hatter rated it liked it
As mentioned in my previous reviews, I'm not a huge fan of the romance, but I'm really getting into the business politics. Also, while normally I might be after Nozomu for being a two-dimensional character, I just love how psycho he is. I'm not saying he's a good guy or I'm rooting for him. I just love how simplistically messed up he is. Sometimes it's just nice to have an antagonist who's crazy.

Also, finally! Finally a shojo manga where the heroine knows the difference between love and attract
Robert Dufalo
Mar 17, 2012 Robert Dufalo rated it liked it
I do enjoy it when they add absolutes to character, and I think they have done so with Sumi. What I mean by this is that, is a character is given a talent and then he’s written in such a way that he’s the best in the world, no one could ever beat them at that skill or ability. I don’t know why like, that but I do.
Secondly the plot is getting more complex and moved out of the cookie cutter that I’d talked about in book one.
Well done, I’m looking forward to picking up the rest.
Dexter
Apr 28, 2016 Dexter rated it really liked it
Didn't enjoy this volume as much as the first two, but I'm still just as invested in this bizarre love triangle thing.

Big fan of Soichiro and Sumi. They just need to get on with it, know what I'm saying?

Nozomu's character is also very confusing to me. He's gone through two very dramatic shifts, and the only thing I'm left to conclude is that he's a psychopath.
Mikaela
Feb 28, 2015 Mikaela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Miss Ryoko
May 08, 2014 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Okay, so I take back what I originally said in my volume 1 review about "nice guys finish last." While that sentiment is still true, it appears I was too quick to judge Nozomu as the "nice guy."

But either way, I know exactly how this is going to end. But I'm enjoying the story as it gets the the obvious ending!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Now things go from awkward to just really really awkward. Seems Sumi's husband's friend Nozomu is a little, creepy and obsessed. This volume got a little intense and we learn more about Soichiro and are itnroduced to some new characters.
EroMaru
May 08, 2014 EroMaru rated it liked it
I enjoyed it, was a fairly easy and quick read. On the one hand i love the characters and other find them annoying a strange combination that kept me reading onward. This series reminds me of a prime time soap opera, love tri-angles, blackmail, and betrayal makes for good entertainment.
Jessica Moniz
Apr 09, 2012 Jessica Moniz rated it it was amazing
This just keeps on getting better!
Sammie
Mar 22, 2016 Sammie rated it it was amazing
It was so good .

omg Nozomu is a total psycho, i did not see this one coming, omg my favorite part was when Soichiro rescued Sumi feom the fire ,omg they are totally falling for each other.
Phoebe Andamo
Jun 29, 2013 Phoebe Andamo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
...and Souichiro fell.
I'm liking this manga.
Nozomu is really creepy! And who is that random maid? >:(
Katherine
Sep 09, 2014 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I love this series now...Admittedly, in the beginnning it was pretty weird, but after I adjusted to the weirdness everything was amazing! But there are a few weird moments.....VERY WEIRD MOMENTS....
Kübra Yağmur
Jun 28, 2016 Kübra Yağmur rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, manga
Manga çizimleriyle gönlümü her Vol'de biraz daha fethediyor. Soichiro çizgilerde aşık olduğum ikinci erkek ama çok dengesiz. Gene de çok tatlu :D
O Nozumu Bey'i de dövesim var, ne yalan söyleyeyim.
Minty-chan~
Jul 11, 2013 Minty-chan~ rated it liked it
awww! i feel so sad for miu-san! nozomu ga kirai! he's such a frekin stalker ugh! makes me feel sick....
but komai-san is so cute!!
Sevimli Hırsız
Jan 15, 2013 Sevimli Hırsız rated it really liked it
Kıza, ''Sana aşık olmayacağım. Sen de bana.'' dedi. Ama bu evcilik oyunu fena tepecek bu soylu lordu :)))
Apple Truelli
Apple Truelli rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Azori cole
Azori cole rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Andria
Andria rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Jennifer Byrom
Jennifer Byrom rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 8 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #8)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 7 (Wild Ones, #7)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 08 (Dawn of the Arcana, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 06
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 03
  • Otomen, Vol. 11 (Otomen, #11)
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Dengeki Daisy 09 (Dengeki Daisy, #9)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 06 (Black Bird, #6)
Japanese name: 上田倫子

She is a Japanese manga artist who does mainly shojo manga. Her works are primarily serialized in Margaret magazine, with series published in collected volumes by Shueisha, though she has also been featured in fellow Shueisha publication Ribon, as well as illustrating the novel adaptation of her own Stepping on Roses series in Cobalt.
More about Rinko Ueda...

Stepping On Roses (9 books)
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1