Start by marking “Kade (Armed and Dangerous, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kade (Armed and Dangerous, #3)

Kade (Armed and Dangerous #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  629 ratings  ·  53 reviews
**Author note below
After a bitter divorce, reporter Kelsey Nichols has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She’s not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Kelsey meets Kade she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms.

Trade Paperback, 305 pages
Published October 26th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Kade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kade

Bared to You by Sylvia DayThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraBound by Lucy PireelGabriella by Alan  HardyThe Happy Spinster by Karena Marie
Books to read instead of 50 Shades
118th out of 486 books — 595 voters
Tiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckDaddy Morebucks by Normandie AllemanTouch of Frost by Jennifer EstepDark Horse by Kate SherwoodSpider's Bite by Jennifer Estep
Ndulgent Reads
21st out of 131 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Wendy
Kelsey Nichols has built a fortress around her heart after a bitter divorce, until the sexy "blue-eyed" cowboy and Intelligence Officer Kade Owen walks into her life. Will her resolve be enough to resist the charming cowboy?

Kade Owen, is hot on a trail of a body smuggling syndicate and has his eye on the sexy blonde reporter Kelsey. He will go all out just to win her heart, and he does a darn good job of it too.

Kade
Kade1

This is a great read and has a nice balance of romance, suspense and plenty of h
Julie (jjmachshev)
A very well-written, if slightly predictable, and HOT love story by Cheyenne McCray. "Wild Borders" tell the story of Lani, a size 14 beauty who is a reporter. Lani finally dumped her verbally abusive hubby and is slowly regaining her confidence and joy in life...but she's sure not ready for a man, any man. When she heads for Arizona to do a story on illegal immigration, she meets Border Intel Agent Rick. He's a tall, scrumptious, yummy man who appreciates a woman with some meat on her bones. He ...more
Collette
Oct 24, 2008 Collette rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hot Western Erotica fans
This is a story about a woman with low self-esteem that hooks up with a sexy cowboy who makes her feel beautiful again. The sex is very hot, the storyline predictable (hence the 4 not 5) and it was a fast read. McCray's Wild series is quite fun and don't tire reading them.
Auntee
Jun 15, 2011 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance with a SW atmosphere
Very happy with this one, in fact, my favorite of this series. Plenty of atmosphere and details of life in a Southwest border town (including a nice little history lesson about Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona), plenty of details and development of the characters, a mild dose of suspense, and most importantly--a sweet, sensual, steamy, sexy romance between two very likable characters.

Blonde, brown-eyed Lani Stanton is a 25 year old magazine writer from San Francisco. She's been divorced for 6 month
Kathrynn
Okay, but nothing special. Too many mundane details cluttered up the flow. Wild Borders had some mild suspense, but I'd already figured it out, so fizzled there for me. Some parts were very boring. Having said that, the characters were both excellent. They had good chemistry and some really hot sex--when that finally got started (almost 3/4 into the book).

Rick McAllister made my "hero heartthrob" shelf! He was almost too good to be true. Lani Stanton's character had to grow with the story, whil
jenjn79
I almost decided to skip this book because though I liked the first two in the series, I wasn't hooked into the series. And with so many other books to buy and read I debated passing on this one. I'm glad I didn't. I enjoyed this book quite a bit.

Series Note:
Third book in the "Armed and Dangerous" series. This one may be read as a standalone.

Additional Note:
This book/series is a rewrite of the "Wild" series that McCray wrote for Ellora's Cave epublisher years ago. This book was apparently origin
Hbeebti
I really enjoyed this one. I loved Kade and Mandy. Here is my issue unless I am wrong here. The names of some of the side characters were wrong. Dee seemed like it was Skylar (from Zack's book), Jack was Zack, the dog Apple was Blue and the Dee (Skylar) ranch was the Flying C not the Flying M. Now am I wrong? cause the interviews that Mandy did the characters seemed the same just the wrong names.

Aside from that I really did enjoy the book. Probably would have been my favorite of the three if it
Michelle
I think I went into this book with expectations that were a little too high. While I wasn't blown over by the previous two books in the series, I did like them. Kade's story fell flat for me, though. Kade was a good hero: tough and capable and sexy, as well as sensitive, loyal and caring. Kelsey was a little too "woe is me" for my liking. Her constant insecurities about her weight and Kade's feelings were annoying and I just didn't like her enough to pull for their happy ever after.
Mitabird
Wild Borders is the 4th book in McCray's Wild series. I've enjoyed the other three, but this one fell a little short. I thought the H/h had very good chemistry, but the plot was old, used, and predictable. It really detracted from the story.
Angie
Synopsis: "After a bitter divorce, reporter Kelsey Nichols has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She's not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Kelsey meets Kade she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms and in his bed.

Intelligence Agent Kade Owen is hot on the trail of a notorious smuggler when the sensual blonde reporter comes into his life. Once he gets a hold of Kelsey, nothing will stop Kade from winning her heart."

My Re
Sandy M
I normally don’t look at reviews of books I’m reviewing while I’m reading or writing my review. But when I was at Amazon gathering info to put this review together, something in a review there caught my eye and I ended up reading most of those posted there. I learned a couple of things by doing some additional research and I questioned another couple of things by the reviewers at Amazon.

A few of those reviewers were ticked at the fact that the books in McCray’s Armed and Dangerous series are rew
Robin Priddy
Kelsey Nichols is a journalist for a San Francisco-based magazine, She is flying to Arizona for her next assignment. She is writing an in depth story about the ranchers whos' lands are being used by people to cross over from Mexico. When Kelsey was a small child her family was killed when their small private plane crash landed. Ever since then Kelsey has had a very hard time getting on a airplane. But this trip was made easier with the help of a sexy stranger. He helped take her mind off of her ...more
Christina
This book had so many editing mistakes it drove me crazy. Original names from the previous release kept overlapping with new names and there was one full chapter where all the names from the previous names from the original book were used instead of the new names from the re-issues (names from Zack and Luke were changed back to original EC release names). Drove me absolutely crazy and kept confusing me. I will trade this book in and keep all my original EC releases of this series. I will probabl ...more
Rebecca
Kade: Armed and Dangerous is the third book in Cheyenne McCray’s series about the U.S. Border patrol along the Mexico-Arizona border. While the books are romantic suspense, they gravitate more heavily to the romance and allow the suspense to be the underlying storyline throughout the entire series.
I won’t lie. I judge a book first by its hero. And Kade Owen is irresistible. Kade is an intelligence agent with the U.S. Border patrol and a single father devoted to his son. He is my kind of alpha h
Gee
This was an enjoyable story. The only ding I have against it is the conflict with the bad guys near the end. The heroine is a reporter who chooses to place herself in danger in order to "get a story". No story is worth that risk. To compound the silliness of her decision is the fact that she's pregnant and so she also places her unborn child in jeopardy. She has this thought: "How can I leave my man to face these evil men alone?"
What! Her man is a trained law enforcement Border Patrol official
Paloma Beck
L.M. David
The writer created a sexy, interesting character in Kade. I could almost envision this law enforcement man and the world he lived in. Wasn't crazy about the child, who the writer made a bit too young thinking for his stated age of ten and, in my opinion, added nothing to the story other than as a connection between Kade and Kelsey. And speaking of Kelsey, one has to wonder why Kade choose her. Its a mystery but that seems to be the allure of romance story; why pick him/her factor. Kelsey went lo ...more
Monica
Let me start by saying Cheyenne McCray is on my auto-buy list. Now for the review. I was disappointed with this book. I LOVED Zack and Luke. I never read them when they were originally released and shorter versions than the Armed and Dangerous Series. With that being said, Kade, had way too many typos. There was an entire paragraph that repeated from earlier in the book...characters were referred to by their OLD names in the OLD series at times...very confusing. Sorry, but she missed the bar on ...more
Hope Frost
I loved this book from cover to cover. I was pretty sure I had all the bad guys picked out early on, but I have to admit I get surprised by one at the end, which I love when I can't figure it all out. I love the chemistry between Kade and Kelsey and that she didn't just fall at his feet from the beginning, but he had to work hard to get her to open up to him. In my opinion, a good book is one that brings out a myriad of emotions, and that is exactly what this one did. I had adrenaline pumping, a ...more
Angel
(Actually book 4)Kelsey Nichols doesn't want any man in her life after finally getting rid of the creep of an ex-husband, so why is she so intrigued by this handsome cowboy and his family....Kade Owen has been a confirmed bachelor for 5 years now mostly because he's never found anyone to interest him like the curvy blonde he's been watching since the airport....this was an amazing story and I completely enjoyed all the dips and turns...you just never know who to trust...,.onto the next
Marisa
This one’s a romantic suspense that is heavy on the ‘getting to know you’ phase of romance and interesting reasons for the suspense. I must say, I was immediately intrigued and taken by the hero of this book -- he has many qualities that make him pretty much irresistible. Kade Owen is an intelligence agent with the U.S. Border patrol and a single father who is devoted to his son. He is the kind of alpha hero who is not only strong and confident but also charming and sensitive; a great combinatio ...more
Amanda
My favorite of the whole series by far...
Rick and Lani's story was great...it had me wondering how was behind everything and I will admit I was wrong about who was behind everything, though I did have the major players tagged from the get go. I just missed who they actually were behind the mask.
I kind of wish we would have gotten to see Rick beat James's ass...BUT that's okay that we didn't.
The Epilogue sets us up for the short story for Kev and Nichole and I'm intrigued to read their story.

I hi
Djg
I think I liked this one best of all the "Wild" books. It was longer than the other books in the series so it had a more developed plot.

Lani is a magazine writer researching a story on border/immigration in Arizona. Rick is a widowed border-patrol agent who lives with his adorable son and loving parents.

Rick is sweet and patient with Lani who left a verbally/emotional husband after 5 years of marriage. They do not just jump into bed, but make no mistake, the sexual tension is there whenever they
Stephanie
4.5 star. Another great addition to the Armed and Dangerous series. Kade is a total hottie and so sweet to Kelsey in this book. I could've taken a little more back story with Kade's ex-wife, but it that was not enough to annoy me. Also Kelsey's a-hole father is mentioned several times, his attitude along with her idiot ex-husband almost cause her to not pursue her feelings for Kade. We didn't get a lot of background on either one of them. Again not enough to make me not like the story.

I am real
Anita-maree
love this series :)
I loved the sexy grin and loveable personality Rick had and how much he love and wanted Lani even with "in her mind" all the imperfections she had. Only thing with this book was its really slow I got distracted by other things easily because it was so slow going (which is not like me) I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. I was totally shocked by who the bad guys were. I did not see that coming. Overall it's a good story just took a while getting to point.
Tami
While I very much enjoyed this book, I kept feeling like I had missed something important, because other than being set in the same area as the first two books in the series, it didn't seem to have anything to do with them.
Even after having read book 4 in the series, I have no idea why this book is included in the series, why it's considered book 3, or what its relationship to the other 3 books is. It can definitely be read as a stand-alone book.
Magan
SHE DID IT AGAIN !!

Cheyenne McCray is by far one of my favourite authors. The scenes she creates are so captivating and the stories lines are fun. I did not want to put this book down not even for a second. She has this way of making you get lost in the book, the sensual scenes are so hot it's intimidating. The Series is fantastic and i would recommend it to anyone that just wants a couple of hours to escape.
Regina
Ugh, I had to force myself to finally finish this book. I think I started it 3 months ago. I think that thing that bothered me the most about this book is that they had a 8 year old boy talking like he was 4. Drove me nuts!! Kade was pretty hot and the story could have been okay. But Kelsey ruined it for me. She was just a cheese bag! On a better note, it has a great cover and they did have some pretty hot sex!!
Shawna
*Note: This is the original version of McCray’s remake Kade: Armed and Dangerous.*

Kade Armed and Dangerous by Cheyenne McCray
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Calista's Men (Crime Tells, #3)
  • Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Shameless Embraces (Bound Hearts, #6-7)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (ACRO, #1.5)
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • The Ice Dragon (Dragon Knights, #3)
  • Unforgiven (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Wrangled and Tangled (Blacktop Cowboys, #3)
  • Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider
  • Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Cheyenne grew up on a ranch in southeastern Arizona. She has been writing ever since she can remember, back to her kindergarten days when she penned her first poem. She always knew one day she would write novels, hoping her
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Armed and Dangerous (4 books)
  • Zack (Armed and Dangerous Book 1)
  • Luke (Armed and Dangerous Book 2)
  • Clay (Armed and Dangerous Book 3)
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2) Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3)