Start by marking “The Bottom Line” as Want to Read:
The Bottom Line

The Bottom Line (Love and Friendship #1)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  80 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Spicing up her sex life sounds exciting until the fantasy hits the fan.

When Maggie Drummond buys an erotic romance novel by mistake, she gets more than an unexpected eyeful. She gets an introduction to a world that arouses her to a fever pitch. Spanking.

Her boyfriend isn t interested in pushing his vanilla-flavored sexual boundaries. Then there s Connor Grey, who haunts he
Published (first published March 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Bottom Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bottom Line

Lynn
Jun 18, 2013 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading an erotic romance novel leads quiet, reserved Maggie to explore the more adventurous side of her own sexuality in THE BOTTOM LINE.

After reading about, and being turned on by, a scene in a romance novel that involved spanking, Maggie is intrigued. She begins to investigate spanking--who does it, how they do it, what they do it with. Maggie decides to start a blog to discuss her feelings and her desire to be spanked and to inquire from others about their thoughts on the subject. Maggie dec
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Maggie picked up what she thought was a romance novel that ended up being an erotic novel that included spanking. The more she thought about it the more she wanted to try it as it made her so hot just reading about it. She does tons of research about methods, positions and even what to wear to make the experience hotter. She starts a personal blog where she can anonymously write about her secret fantasy but does end up telling 3 of her best friends about the blog.

Maggie wants to explore this new
Dayna
This is a story about a woman Maggie who has become interested in spanking in order to heighten her sexual experience in the bedroom. Maggie dumps her current boyfriend and creates a blog in order to learn more about the subject of spanking. Maggie tells her friends about the blog and the one friend Conner who she doesn't want to know finds out. Conner has had a crush on Maggie for a long time now but she has always been in a relationship until now. Conner finds Maggie's blog very interesting bu ...more
Sara_I love all my book boyfriends!!!
I really did enjoy this book it was fun and sweet. Maggie's life is turned upside down when she picks up a romance novel by accident while away
holiday. She is introduced to world of spanking and kinky fun. She is bound and determined to add the spice into her life but she knows her goody goody boyfriend wouldn't have anything to do with it. So she decides to write a blog about it.
After she breaks from her boyfriend, she enters into a "friends with benefits arrangement" with her friend Connor.
Jody
Jan 03, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
Maggie Drummond has tried to live a quiet life ever since a youthful indiscretion became tabloid fodder. She's focused on her friends, her job, and her strait-laced boyfriend until the day she decides she'd like to explore the world of spanking. Her friends are a bit shocked when she confides in them and she breaks up with her boyfriend after he makes her feel dirty for her desires. Since she knows of no one else into the act of spanking, she starts a blog where she can discuss her desires with ...more
Anna Wells
Sep 06, 2013 Anna Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first romance by Shelly Munro, but it won’t be my last. I really enjoyed this book on so many levels. This book does have a little bit of a spanking element to it, but really that’s not what the book is about. Maggie and Connor’s story is a wonderful friends to lovers romance. Both of these characters are incredibly likable and charming. Maggie’s character really changes and blooms as the story progresses. She discovers what she really likes about herself and what she really wants out ...more
Amy
Jul 11, 2014 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked - H/H are ordinary everyday people and heroine is described as a plump curvy girl. The love/sex scenes are very well written and you can feel the emotional connection, they're also hot.

What I didn't like - I'm not to much into angst and to me the whole book was very angsty, I wanted to smack numerous people more than once. A whole lot of non and miscommunication til the end.

I do plan on reading the next book(s) in the series as the blurbs sound good.
Catherine Arnaud
Oct 31, 2013 Catherine Arnaud rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC from the author, in exchange for a honest review.
I have to say that I really enjoyed this book, and although the plot is a woman who wants to spice her sexual life with "spanking", the story is very sweet.
Maggie has now one purpose: adding spanking in her sexual life! After her break with her last boyfriend , and reading a steamy book,she decides to spice her life. She creates a blog which she talk of her desire of being spanked!
She becomes involved in a relationship with no strings
Mary Mooney
I received a copy from the author for my honest review, so here it is. This is a really good story. But for me it just seemed to drag on in places. Maggie suggests to her boyfriend Greg that she is interested in being spanked and he is against it. She feels that he is not as in-tuned with her wants and needs as he is for himself. When she breaks up with him, he thinks it is only a break and not really over. Maggie has started writing a blog about the pros and cons of spanking included in the bed ...more
Liz melia
Nov 01, 2013 Liz melia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, there are a lot if books now claiming to be lust filled, kinky, wild and they are all the same story, predictable!!!

Maggie's story is different she's not trying to turn herself into submissive, she's not trying to come to terms with hers lovers issues!!

Poor Maggie has a shit boyfriend, who doesn't value her at all, thinks only of himself, her confidence isn't in great shape either.
But the reading of a book opens Maggie's mind to a whole new life experience.

So in her missio
Leanne Herrera
Aug 19, 2013 Leanne Herrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have never been one for spankings to be honest, at least not for myself. I love reading about them but I think that if it were a real life situation for me I would burst out laughing should someone try to spank me. That being said I loved that this book was so much more than just an erotica, it was informative and had a great deal of story to it. It made it more interesting to learn about it and see how someone would step into that world. The characters were very real and I found myself wantin
Heather in FL
I really enjoyed this. Sure, starting a blog about spanking is a little hokey, but people start blogs all the time about silly things. I absolutely love Connor. He didn't go about things the conventional way, but she probably WOULD have freaked out if she knew he knew about the blog or if she thought he was truly interested in her (because of the pact). I thought they had great chemistry. I also loved how Connor made her feel good about how she looked. It was a really good feel-good romance.
Dec 06, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a very unique read from the other books I have read. The Bottom Line should be a book that lovers of 50 Shades read!

It is such a phenomenal story between Maggie and Connor! The love, trust, the desire, and hope leads to one amazing ending! This book had me guessing to what would happen next!

This book is set outside of the US, so be ready for some diversity with words! I personally loved it!

I received this book for an honest review!
EroticallyGrimm
Aug 09, 2010 EroticallyGrimm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looooooved this story!! It's been a while since an erotic novel has pulled me into the story as much as The Bottom Line did. I completely related to Maggie and really enjoyed how her introduction into spanking took place. Sex and spanking wasn't in each an every chapter which made the anticipation of reaching those scenes so much better. I will certainly be reading this story again!!
Tina "coffee and books"
Aug 08, 2010 Tina "coffee and books" rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
I went into this one thinking I wouldn't really like it, but what the heck I would give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know what it was about the story exactly that drew me in, but I couldn't put it down.

I loved the bond the group had in the beginning and really struggled with how quickly they were willing to crucify her, but overall I was really impressed.
Moon Reviews
Oct 29, 2013 Moon Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sexy, romantic, funny and a page turner this book is all that you expect from a good romance!!!! Well written with a great story and interesting characters it's a delight to read!!! I loved every moment of it!!!! You can't but love Maggie and Connor!!! Thank you for the opportunity to read it :)
Aug 09, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, however I felt something was missing but even now I can't place what it is.

Connor & Maggie are a cute pair and I enjoyed reading their story. I'd love to see happy endings for all the girls, and I hope Greg got his pay back the little twerp!
Ang,
Aug 02, 2010 Ang, rated it really liked it
Kathryn Parry
Jan 17, 2014 Kathryn Parry rated it really liked it
Shelves: year2014
I loved the story but I found sub-chapters and point of views merging and spoiling the flow of the story but I think if that is cleaned up with a simple * to let us know when it is happening then this story does deserve a five star.
Sassafrass
this was pretty good, but I had a hard time liking some of the supporting characters. Is there going to be a follow up to this book?
PJ
Sep 10, 2014 PJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, 200-300-pgs
I really like this book. I hope Shelley Munro writes more books about some of the other characters.
Cari Quinn
Aug 17, 2010 Cari Quinn rated it it was amazing
My first book by Shelley Munro but definitely won't be my last! Really enjoyed it!
Llwells
Nov 18, 2013 Llwells rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Enjoyed this story and the characters.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Maria Itliong
Maria Itliong rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Some Like It Hot!: Reviewers Required Contemporary Erotic Romance 23 87 Oct 27, 2013 02:38PM
  • His Black Sheep Bride (Aristocratic Grooms, #1)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Between a Ridge and a Hard Place
  • Promoted to Wife?
  • Turn it On (Turner Twins, #1)
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • The Kiss Test
  • A Love Beyond Words
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • A Little Light Magic
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Marriage, Bravo Style! (Bravo Family, #31)
Shelley lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy.

Typical New Zealanders, Shelley and her husband left home for their big OE soon after they married (translation of New Zealand speak - big overseas experience). A year long adventure lengthened to six years of roaming the world. Enduring memories include being almost sat on by a mountain gorilla in Rwanda, lazing on
More about Shelley Munro...

Love and Friendship (3 books)
  • Past Regrets
  • Farmer Wants a Wife (Love and Friendship, #3)