Start by marking “Long Time No See” as Want to Read:
Long Time No See

Long Time No See (Judith Singer #2)

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  954 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
Judith Singer is back! After twenty years, Susan Isaacs brings us back the heroine from Compromising Positions, her first and most beloved novel, and returns to a great suspense story set in suburbia.

Judith's life has changed. She now has her doctorate in history. Her workaday hours are spent at St. Elizabeth's College, mostly squandered in history department shriek-fests.
Paperback, Large Print, 496 pages
Published September 4th 2001 by Harper (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Long Time No See, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Time No See

Grace
Dec 12, 2012 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good mystery with wonderful twists. And even though the reader finds out who the villian is before the end of the book, it is still every bit as enjoyable to read. Susan Isaacs brought back Judith Singer 20 years after she first introduced her in Compromising Positions, and she did a brilliant job in my opinion. Great read...would highly recommend!
Elaine Cougler
This is a murder mystery but it still held my attention. It is told through a nosy-neighbor type who sifts through the data and solves the mystery. It was good but not great.
Ann
Sep 13, 2015 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny and good
Pr Latta
[audio] Second in the Jewish cozy mystery series featuring Judith Singer. Discovered as a read alike for Janet Evanovich, there are similarities to the ethnic humor and NY/NJ sense of place. Judith is billed as a Long Island housewife but her occupation (college instructor) and her dedication to public libraries come into the story. Probably one should read the first (Compromising Positions) first, but with a 1978 copyright date it may feel grossly dated in this genre. There are many references ...more
Roberta
Jun 17, 2015 Roberta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, mystery
Un bel giallo con protagonista una professoressa di mezza età e da poco rimasta vedova che si interessa alla misteriosa sparizione di una sua concittadina e nel corso delle indagini rivede il grande amore della sua vita. Consigliato, piacevole e per nulla scontato.

A proposito di istanti. Prima di parlare dell'incredibile sparizione di Courtney Logan e dei fatti criminosi legati alla suddetta scomparsa, penso sia il caso di spendere qualche parola sulla mia vita. Io sono quella che i francesi de
Lynda
Jul 19, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second in the Judith Singer dteective series - about 20 years have passed since the last one.This is kind of Janet Evanovich for more intellectual adults - Judith is now in her 50s and remeets the love of her life, Nelson Sharpe while solving another case.... Enjoyable story with suitable twists and turns, humorous bits and the central couple.....
Sandy
Apr 27, 2015 Sandy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Spare me from another like this

Somewhere in this really bad novel a fairly decent plot might exist, however it is SO covered up with cutesy schmaltzy one liners and totally unneeded snarky descriptions of people,places and things I really couldn't stomach it. Sad production from a used to be good author.
Glenda Lynne
I sadly had to force myself to finish this book. Described as "wickedly funny", I found it mildly humorous. Supposedly full of twists, I found it very predictable. To each his own, but I just wasn't enthralled. Maybe someday I'll try another of her novels, but so many books, so little time...
Monique
Jan 24, 2016 Monique rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picks up 20 years after "Compromising Positions" with the same major characters (except her husband has passed away). I liked the book and enjoyed catching up with Judith Singer and Nelson Sharp again, after all these years. Kept me reading and I couldn't put the book down.
Dona
Sep 26, 2014 Dona rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh lord it took me forever to get through this book. I normally can’t put one of Susan Isaacs’ novels down but I really struggled with this one. This is an older novel of hers and a sequel to “Compromising Positions,” which I read eons ago and as best I can remember, really enjoyed. Ultimately my determination won out and I did finish it (Yippee) but it was a major accomplishment.
Lauren Bier
An interesting, fluffy whodunit that nonetheless provides interesting insight into its characters and a wry look at human nature. I look forward to reading more by this author, especially the previous book featuring Judith Singer.
Emily
Mar 27, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I absolutely loved Compromising Positions when I read it years ago. Discovering that there is a second Judith Singer novel was a wonderful treat.

I loved the characters and the story. I truly fun read.
Patty Allen
Apr 11, 2016 Patty Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Years ago I read Compromising Positions and I loved it, so I was excited to find this follow up. 20 years later Judith Singer is investagating another murder, and it does not disappoint.
Elizabeth
Disappointed. Didnt keep my attention. Seemed a bit farfetched. Not a lot of suspense. Plot was good but poorly executed.
Josiesworld
I like Susan Isaac's books and this is no exception.
Judith Singer is back and after 20 years still wants Nelson Sharp who is now captain of an elite squad. He helps her solve the mystery of a dead woman, Courtney Logan, found in her swimming pool. Of course, the obvious suspect is her husband, Greg, but Judith doesn't believe he did it.
Mobster, Fancy Phil Lowenstein, happens to be Greg's father and hires Judith to solve the crime.With help from Nancy and Chic Cheryl, Judith is led into the worl
Jeanette
This was my favorite Susan Isaacs novel, and I think I have read them all.

She has a snarky style that can grate on some. But I'm read many of hers over the years, and feel that they were all 4 star when first out, especially this one was.

But I do not think they have run the test of time well at all. So I gave it three.

She understands blended family like no other fiction writer I can think of in 2013. And how being a women, a mate, a mother, a co-worker etc. has all changed for women in the las
Terry Polston
great mystery with a 50ish widow as the sleuth. would read more with this character.
Alexandra
Aug 05, 2014 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I simply love Susan Isaacs! And this one didn't disappoint...
JenniferB
Good authress, sequel to her first, compromising positions.
Linda
Dec 26, 2015 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining read although a bit tedious in spots
Robin
Apr 17, 2015 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great! Loved it. Funny suspenseful. Excellent.
Jennifer Morefield
I liked this mystery/thriller. Good, but a bit implausible.
Wynne
Apr 14, 2016 Wynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining for a long trip home
Mary Anne
Feb 17, 2014 Mary Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan Isaacs is so funny & smart!
Charlene Gordon
Aug 14, 2014 Charlene Gordon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Read this in 2002.
Lois
Mar 02, 2016 Lois rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous read for a vacation! If you read Compromising Positions, you will really enjoy this!
Joy
Jun 12, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun whodunit which is a sequel to Compromising Positions, about a housewife who solved a crime. It was made into a movie starring Susan Sarandon (I vaguely remember seeing that). Anyway, Judith Singer is now a widow but once again gets involved in a criminal case when a young local housewife disappears.

I figured out what was going on a little too soon but it was so well written and fun to read that I'm still going to give it 4 stars!
Valerie
Judy Templeton-sims
This book was an easy read, what I call a fluff book. I am not a fan of over discreption. The story line was good and easy to follow. Plot: historian, Judith Singer, likes to solve who-done-its. She is looking into the death of a young mother, Courtney Longan. Courtneys father-in-law is mobster Fancy Phil Lowenstein. judith's love interest is Captian Nelson Sharpe, who trys to discourage Judith from prusing this 'case'.

borrowed from April.
  • The Colour of Hope
  • The Good Journey: A Novel
  • Raising Confident Girls: 100 Tips For Parents And Teachers
  • The Spy in the Ointment
  • The Burglar in the Library (Bernie Rhodenbarr, #8)
  • The Graveyard Shift
  • Nowhere Else on Earth
  • Summer in Mossy Creek (Mossy Creek, #3)
Susan Isaacs is a recipient of the Writers for Writers Award and the John Steinbeck Award. She serves as chairman of the board of Poets & Writers and is a past president of Mystery Writers of America. She is also a member of the National Book Critics Circle, The Creative Coalition, PEN, the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the International Association of Crime Writers, and the Ada ...more
More about Susan Isaacs...

Judith Singer (2 books)