Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade (Hank Zipzer #7)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It’s time for the end of year parent-teacher conference, and Hank’s in a panic. He’s afraid that his teacher is going to tell his parents that he has to repeat the fourth grade. So Hank creates an elaborate scheme to have his parents win an out-of-town trip so they’re gone during the conference days. Of course, the plan backfires. Will Hank have to stay in fourth grade for...more
Published December 16th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas RockwellThe Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid BanksThe Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly ClearyEncyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. SobolThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Great Books For Third Grade Boys
89th out of 219 books — 72 voters
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy BlumeSixth Grade Secrets by Louis SacharThe Fourth Grade Wizards by Barthe DeClementsNothing's Fair in Fifth Grade by Barthe DeClementsNinth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer
School Grades in Title
73rd out of 102 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Terry
Young Reader Reaction: I like this series, and this is another good Hank Zipper story. It just isn't my favorite. I would recommend all second graders and up to read this book especially the fourth graders since they can relate to it. This book is very funny because it shows how adults are always one step ahead of kids.

Pros: Kids (and parents) will laugh out loud at Hanks' life and adventures. You'll keep turning the page just to see how Hank's ideas pan out.

To read our full review, go to The Re...more
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.11.2 25095words
Marblesaurus
At first the story seemed a little bit slow to roll compared to the other Hank Zipzer ones I had read. But it had a really nice ending. We learned that Ms Adolf can smile a good smile, too! I'm always curious about Ms Adolf-is she really such a nightmare teacher or will turn out to be a nice one after all. And I must say what nice friends Hank has!
Jessica
Henry Winkler should stick to being the Fonz. This was boring and filled with excess verbiage. It was trying too hard to be funny, and just didn't do it for me. However, to be fair, I will say that one of my 4th graders read a Hank Zipzer book (I Got a D in Salami) and LOVED it. I guess you just have to be a 4th grade boy...
Duane
Another in the Hank Zipzer series which shows the life of a young boy who struggles with school but still has a great attitude for life. Although this isn't my favorite in the series, it still shows the humor and creativity that Hank seems to just have naturally. Still a great series for any reader.
Gabriella
Dec 06, 2008 Gabriella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes funny books
Wow this book was very good.It is all about how this very funny kid in fourth grade thinks that he is going to get held back,without his friends and with his sister.What will happen?Will he get held back?Or wiil he advance to fifth?
Jessica
I read this book for the Battle of the Books in 4th grade and I remember enjoying it a lot. I don't exactly remember what it was about but I do remember that I liked it.
Polly
Mildly funny, if you like that sort of thing. Probably hilarious if you're eight or ten, but I haven't been for awhile.
Brett
I really like Hank Zipzer.
Tori
Jan 18, 2010 Tori added it
This one was good, too! :D
Isabel
easy read they r good
Heather
perfect for gavin g
Joy Li
Joy Li marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Donna Hansen
Donna Hansen marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Amiyah
Amiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Kenna
Kenna added it
Jul 17, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler...more
More about Henry Winkler...
Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1) Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6) I Got a D in Salami Day of the Iguana The Night I Flunked My Field Trip