Start by marking “Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade” as Want to Read:
Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade (Hank Zipzer #7)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  278 ratings  ·  14 reviews
It’s time for the end of year parent-teacher conference, and Hank’s in a panic. He’s afraid that his teacher is going to tell his parents that he has to repeat the fourth grade. So Hank creates an elaborate scheme to have his parents win an out-of-town trip so they’re gone during the conference days. Of course, the plan backfires. Will Hank have to stay in fourth grade for ...more
Published December 16th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid BanksHow to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas RockwellThe Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly ClearySideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis SacharThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Great Books For Third Grade Boys
101st out of 227 books — 104 voters
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy BlumeSixth Grade Secrets by Louis SacharNothing's Fair in Fifth Grade by Barthe DeClementsNinth Grade Slays by Heather BrewerThe Fourth Grade Wizards by Barthe DeClements
School Grades in Title
76th out of 104 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Young Reader Reaction: I like this series, and this is another good Hank Zipper story. It just isn't my favorite. I would recommend all second graders and up to read this book especially the fourth graders since they can relate to it. This book is very funny because it shows how adults are always one step ahead of kids.

Pros: Kids (and parents) will laugh out loud at Hanks' life and adventures. You'll keep turning the page just to see how Hank's ideas pan out.

To read our full review, go to The Re
Very funny. Good for fourth or third graders.
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.11.2 25095words
At first the story seemed a little bit slow to roll compared to the other Hank Zipzer ones I had read. But it had a really nice ending. We learned that Ms Adolf can smile a good smile, too! I'm always curious about Ms Adolf-is she really such a nightmare teacher or will turn out to be a nice one after all. And I must say what nice friends Hank has!
Henry Winkler should stick to being the Fonz. This was boring and filled with excess verbiage. It was trying too hard to be funny, and just didn't do it for me. However, to be fair, I will say that one of my 4th graders read a Hank Zipzer book (I Got a D in Salami) and LOVED it. I guess you just have to be a 4th grade boy...
Another in the Hank Zipzer series which shows the life of a young boy who struggles with school but still has a great attitude for life. Although this isn't my favorite in the series, it still shows the humor and creativity that Hank seems to just have naturally. Still a great series for any reader.
Dec 06, 2008 Gabriella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes funny books
Wow this book was very good.It is all about how this very funny kid in fourth grade thinks that he is going to get held back,without his friends and with his sister.What will happen?Will he get held back?Or wiil he advance to fifth?
I read this book for the Battle of the Books in 4th grade and I remember enjoying it a lot. I don't exactly remember what it was about but I do remember that I liked it.
Mildly funny, if you like that sort of thing. Probably hilarious if you're eight or ten, but I haven't been for awhile.
I really like Hank Zipzer.
Jan 18, 2010 Tori added it
This one was good, too! :D
easy read they r good
perfect for gavin g
Brenda Starr
Brenda Starr marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Nicholas Pyle
Nicholas Pyle marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Adele added it
Sep 04, 2015
Julia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Alp marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Potterwookiee (The Creature from My Closet)
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • RuneWarriors (RuneWarriors, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Everything
  • The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)
  • Traitor in Williamsburg: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Super Schnoz and the Gates of Smell
  • Falcon Quinn and the Crimson Vapor (Falcon Quinn, #2)
  • Unlucky Charms
  • Deep Zone (Football Genius, #5)
  • The Kid Who Became President (Kid President, #2)
  • Shifty
  • What Happened on Fox Street
  • Edgar Allan's Official Crime Investigation Notebook
  • President of the Whole Fifth Grade
  • The Upside of Ordinary
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • School Days According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #7)
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler
More about Henry Winkler...

Hank Zipzer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1)
  • I Got a D in Salami
  • Day of the Iguana
  • The Zippity Zinger
  • The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
  • Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)
  • Summer School! What Genius Thought That Up?
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard
  • My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail
  • The Curtain Went Up, My Pants Fell Down
Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1) I Got a D in Salami Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6) Day of the Iguana The Night I Flunked My Field Trip