Start by marking “Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade” as Want to Read:
Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade (Hank Zipzer #7)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  288 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It’s time for the end of year parent-teacher conference, and Hank’s in a panic. He’s afraid that his teacher is going to tell his parents that he has to repeat the fourth grade. So Hank creates an elaborate scheme to have his parents win an out-of-town trip so they’re gone during the conference days. Of course, the plan backfires. Will Hank have to stay in fourth grade for ...more
Published December 16th 2004 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help! Somebody Get Me Out of Fourth Grade

The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid BanksHow to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas RockwellThe Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly ClearySideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis SacharThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Great Books For Third Grade Boys
101st out of 227 books — 100 voters
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy BlumeSixth Grade Secrets by Louis SacharNothing's Fair in Fifth Grade by Barthe DeClementsNinth Grade Slays by Heather BrewerThe Fourth Grade Wizards by Barthe DeClements
School Grades in Title
76th out of 104 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Terry
Young Reader Reaction: I like this series, and this is another good Hank Zipper story. It just isn't my favorite. I would recommend all second graders and up to read this book especially the fourth graders since they can relate to it. This book is very funny because it shows how adults are always one step ahead of kids.

Pros: Kids (and parents) will laugh out loud at Hanks' life and adventures. You'll keep turning the page just to see how Hank's ideas pan out.

To read our full review, go to The Re
Chelsi
Feb 02, 2016 Chelsi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that Hank is underestimating himself, and that he shouldn't believe in what bullies say.
Peg
Jul 01, 2015 Peg rated it it was amazing
Very funny. Good for fourth or third graders.
Yasuko Takatsuki
Feb 24, 2014 Yasuko Takatsuki rated it it was ok
2011.11.2 25095words
Marblesaurus
Jul 09, 2011 Marblesaurus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first the story seemed a little bit slow to roll compared to the other Hank Zipzer ones I had read. But it had a really nice ending. We learned that Ms Adolf can smile a good smile, too! I'm always curious about Ms Adolf-is she really such a nightmare teacher or will turn out to be a nice one after all. And I must say what nice friends Hank has!
Jessica
Dec 30, 2010 Jessica rated it it was ok
Henry Winkler should stick to being the Fonz. This was boring and filled with excess verbiage. It was trying too hard to be funny, and just didn't do it for me. However, to be fair, I will say that one of my 4th graders read a Hank Zipzer book (I Got a D in Salami) and LOVED it. I guess you just have to be a 4th grade boy...
Duane
Nov 20, 2008 Duane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another in the Hank Zipzer series which shows the life of a young boy who struggles with school but still has a great attitude for life. Although this isn't my favorite in the series, it still shows the humor and creativity that Hank seems to just have naturally. Still a great series for any reader.
Gabriella
Dec 06, 2008 Gabriella rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes funny books
Wow this book was very good.It is all about how this very funny kid in fourth grade thinks that he is going to get held back,without his friends and with his sister.What will happen?Will he get held back?Or wiil he advance to fifth?
Jessica
Nov 20, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I read this book for the Battle of the Books in 4th grade and I remember enjoying it a lot. I don't exactly remember what it was about but I do remember that I liked it.
Polly
Dec 17, 2012 Polly rated it it was ok
Mildly funny, if you like that sort of thing. Probably hilarious if you're eight or ten, but I haven't been for awhile.
Brett
Dec 13, 2009 Brett rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-series
I really like Hank Zipzer.
Tori
Jan 18, 2010 Tori added it
This one was good, too! :D
Isabel
Tonya Meers
Apr 11, 2013 Tonya Meers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Made me chuckle
Deandre White
Deandre White is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
IJF
IJF marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
CatKin
CatKin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Lisa Burrows
Lisa Burrows rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Marcia McNally
Marcia McNally rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
John Junior
John Junior marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Scott F Herron
Scott F Herron rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 15, 2015
  • Potterwookiee (The Creature from My Closet)
  • RuneWarriors (RuneWarriors, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Everything
  • Secrets According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #10)
  • Zombie Kid (Case File 13, #1)
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • Grace Stirs it Up
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • The Zombie Chasers (The Zombie Chasers #1)
  • Traitor in Williamsburg: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Deep Zone (Football Genius, #5)
  • Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror (Falcon Quinn, #1)
  • How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-Sized Trophy
  • Unlucky Charms
  • Super Schnoz and the Gates of Smell
  • Great Christmas Kidnapping Caper
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • The Kid Who Became President (Kid President, #2)
Henry Winkler is instantly recognizable and admired by audiences of all ages for his role as the Fonz on the long-running series, Happy Days. In addition, he is an award-winning producer and director of family and children's programming. He is also the author of the critically-acclaimed Hank Zipzer series, which follows the everyday adventures of a bright boy with learning challenges.

Mr. Winkler
More about Henry Winkler...

Hank Zipzer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Niagara Falls, Or Does It? (Hank Zipzer, #1)
  • I Got a D in Salami
  • Day of the Iguana
  • The Zippity Zinger
  • The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
  • Holy Enchilada! (Hank Zipzer, #6)
  • Summer School! What Genius Thought That Up?
  • My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard