Start by marking “The Shot To Die For” as Want to Read:
The Shot To Die For

The Shot To Die For

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The body of Marine Corporal Jason Briggs, missing for eight days, has been found in a Baghdad, Iraq field. Investigating the death is an elite 4-man CIA team first seen in M.H. Sargent’s thriller, Seven Days From Sunday. Even though the team, including an attractive female doctor, has seen their fair share of bodies before, this one is different – they discover a computer ...more
ebook
Published March 23rd 2010 by JRT Books

To ask other readers questions about The Shot To Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shot To Die For

Richard
I encourage all of you to give this guy a shot. The books flow, are easy reads and very enjoyable. I read the first book in the series and quickly downloaded the other 3. The characters are real and you should easily be able to pick out a favorite.. Anyways, I know I get emails often about what/who I am reading and I got wrapped up in this new unknown author.
Stephanie
Second verse same as the first.

This book is just as mediocre as the first one, but they have added in a romance that seems totally unnecessary and gratuitous. At the end of the day Sargent is not a good writer. The content is mostly fine, and it really is interesting reading about how military investigations supposedly work.

The characters are flat and undeveloped. There is a romance blooming between two CIA agents, and it is so pointless. Unless it is going to become central to the plot I'm not
Tony
Good story, easy read, likeable characters.
Barbara
Nice character development with likable protagonists, but I would have liked about 100 more pages exploring Heisman's Afghanistan connection. Maybe that's in the next book. Overall great read by a great author.
Randy Grossman
TV?

MP5 could be a great television series....although some of the events and language would need edited. Otherwise very good story.
Chan Yun
Good read

Interesting story line. Not as thrilling as the first book but still good. The ending is a little abrupt though..
Becca
The series is addicting. Great beach reads, if you can handle beach reads with a bit of murder and mayhem.
Rex Fuller
This is a great read.
Wes
Wes added it
Jun 19, 2015
Fairy Zamir
Fairy Zamir marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Kendle
Kendle marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Familyreader
Familyreader marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
  • Crossing the Line
  • Lifted
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Noble Intentions: Season Two (Episodes 6-10)
  • Don't Close Your Eyes (Stephanie Chalice Mystery #1)
  • Deed to Death
  • The Secret Hangman (Peter Diamond, #9)
  • The Savannah Project
  • The Malacca Conspiracy
  • Sullivan's Justice (Carolyn Sullivan, #2)
  • One Night in Boston (One Night, #1)
  • Wet Desert: Tracking Down a Terrorist on the Colorado River
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Disintegration
  • The Equivoque Principle (Cornelius Quaint Chronicles, #1)
  • No Mercy (Jonathan Grave, #1)
  • Mania
  • The Shop (Cyril Landry #1)
Seven Days From Sunday (An MP-5 CIA Thriller, Book 1) Operation Spider Web Toward Night's End The Yemen Connection Alliance of Evil