Start by marking “The Pendant” as Want to Read:
The Pendant

The Pendant

Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Pendant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pendant

Tracy
Jul 30, 2010 Tracy rated it really liked it
Canadian author Mirella Patzer delivers an intense emotional experience in her historical romance The Pendant, published by the Eternal Press. Set in A.D. 1270 in the region of Genoa, Italy, The Pendant opens with Amoro Dragone learning of his father's murder. His father was the Duke of Genoa. Much to Amoro's surprise he is told by a trusted advisor that his father's wish was that the Dragones end their long feud with the House of Monterossa. Specifically, Amoro's father wanted Amoro to marry th ...more
Lucy
Jun 16, 2010 Lucy rated it liked it
With the summer heat already upon us here, I thought I’d take a break from my usual historical reads to something slightly different while still set within the delicious past. I indulged in an historical romance where the setting and period brought me back in history without the worries of historical accuracy of real events or people. I didn’t want to be bogged down in any way- except for pure pleasure reading. And- if the story could be one set in Italy- then what could be more perfect for me? ...more
LindyLouMac
May 27, 2010 LindyLouMac rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

This novel caught my interest as it is set in Italy, however the historical genre and the medieval period that it is set in were not so appealing but I decided that I was interested enough to give it a try.

Also this was to be my first opportunity to read a book on my E-reader.

The year is 1270 and the young Duke Amoro Dragone has returned to his home Castle Dragone in Genoa, Italy to attend the funeral of his father Duke Bartolomeo Dragone.

He died as the result of an ambush and according to Amoro
Lisa Yarde
Dec 28, 2012 Lisa Yarde rated it it was amazing
In a haze of blood and death, Morena Monterossa, daughter of the Count of Portovenere, enters the world. As her mother Vittoria's lifeblood ebbs, she wills her daughter a precious keepsake; a bloodstone pendant passed from mother to daughter. The pendant is the key to an ancient Roman treasure, buried somewhere in the count's castle.

So begins Mirella Patzer's recent release, Bloodstone Castle. Ms. Patzer transports her readers to the medieval Italian states, where Amoro Dragone vows to fulfill a
Anita
May 22, 2010 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: critique-group
Based in Medieval Italy, the story begins with the birth of Morena and her dying mother’s gift of the legendary bloodstone which holds a clue of a long forgotten Roman treasure said to be buried beneath Bloodstone Castle.

Eighteen years later, Duke Amoro Dragone races home to Genoa to be with his mother, Caterina. His father Duke Bartolomeo Dragone, is dead, killed in an ambush by brigands. His dying wish is that Amoro end a feud and marry the Contessa Morena Monterossa of Portovenere.

Amoro is mo
Ginger Simpson
Sep 13, 2008 Ginger Simpson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bloodstone Castle by Mirella Patzer (Historical)

Duke Amoro Dragone is quite content with the lady in his life, but when his father is brutally murdered, Amoro’s mother reveals her husband’s final wishes. Laria will no longer be part of Amoro’s future, for he is to wed Contessa Morena Monterossa. Although she is the daughter of the enemy and he’s never laid eyes on her, he vows to honor his father and, with the marriage, put an end to the feuding between the two families.

The beautiful occupant of
Julie
Mar 01, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
I got this book from the kindle lending library.
The description was interesting. An Italian Gothic Historical romance.
Morena was given a bloodstone pendant passed down to her from her mother, who died in childbirth.
The pendant holds the key to a vast treasure hidden somewhere in the castle. Morena doesn't know that. To her it's a precious keepsake.
From birth, Morena has been promised to Ernesto. But when the Duke Amoro Dragone arrives at the castle explaining that he intends to marry her, Mo
Cat
Mar 05, 2012 Cat rated it it was ok
I felt this book took too long to get to the point - the plot is slow moving and simply feels like it drags on. Just as I think the book is coming to an end, something (terrible) happens and it goes on for a dozen or so more pages until the cycle repeats itself. Admittedly the last few pages wrap things up pretty quickly.

This is not your typical "hard to get girl, pursued doggedly by good looking privileged man" book; there is a good amount of violence (fighting, rape). It is also a classic case
Maria
Oct 29, 2015 Maria rated it liked it
2.5/5
Cindy  Smith
Cindy Smith rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Barbara Zaragoza
Barbara Zaragoza rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Kimber
Kimber rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2015
Bailey Bristol
Bailey Bristol rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Brandi
Brandi rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Barbara Zaragoza
Barbara Zaragoza rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Kathleen Dutson
Kathleen Dutson rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2015
Mirella
May 02, 2013 Mirella rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favourites
Kristin
Kristin rated it did not like it
May 31, 2012
Janis
Janis rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Janice Parker
Janice Parker rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2017
carrie
carrie rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2017
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Noemi Garcia
Noemi Garcia rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Robert A. Gibbs
Robert A. Gibbs rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Rita
Rita rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Cammie
Cammie rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 15, 2015 11:40AM
  • The Seasons Series (The Graistan Chronicles, #1-5)
  • For Love And Honor
  • The Warrior Trainer (Stones of Destiny, #1)
  • A Knight's Vengeance (Knight's, #1)
  • Defiant Passion
  • A Winter Ballad
  • Silverhawk
  • Conquests: Hearts Rule Kingdoms
  • Again
  • The Countess' Lucky Charm
  • The Crimson Castle
  • Mountain Woman
Mirella Patzer is an author and avid reader of historical fiction. She lives with her husband, two daughters, and precocious grandson in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.
More about Mirella Sichirollo Patzer...