Start by marking “The Pendant” as Want to Read:
The Pendant

The Pendant

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Pendant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pendant

Unearthly by Cynthia HandDie for Me by Amy PlumThe Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady CrossRumors by Anna GodbersenEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Red Dress, Red Coat
198th out of 426 books — 540 voters
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. JensenIn a Treacherous Court by Michelle DienerThe Dressmaker by Kate AlcottKeeper of the King's Secrets by Michelle DienerGilding the Lily by Rita Bradshaw
Why we don't dress like that? (Part 8)
14th out of 102 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Lucy
With the summer heat already upon us here, I thought I’d take a break from my usual historical reads to something slightly different while still set within the delicious past. I indulged in an historical romance where the setting and period brought me back in history without the worries of historical accuracy of real events or people. I didn’t want to be bogged down in any way- except for pure pleasure reading. And- if the story could be one set in Italy- then what could be more perfect for me? ...more
Lisa Yarde
In a haze of blood and death, Morena Monterossa, daughter of the Count of Portovenere, enters the world. As her mother Vittoria's lifeblood ebbs, she wills her daughter a precious keepsake; a bloodstone pendant passed from mother to daughter. The pendant is the key to an ancient Roman treasure, buried somewhere in the count's castle.

So begins Mirella Patzer's recent release, Bloodstone Castle. Ms. Patzer transports her readers to the medieval Italian states, where Amoro Dragone vows to fulfill a
Tracy
Canadian author Mirella Patzer delivers an intense emotional experience in her historical romance The Pendant, published by the Eternal Press. Set in A.D. 1270 in the region of Genoa, Italy, The Pendant opens with Amoro Dragone learning of his father's murder. His father was the Duke of Genoa. Much to Amoro's surprise he is told by a trusted advisor that his father's wish was that the Dragones end their long feud with the House of Monterossa. Specifically, Amoro's father wanted Amoro to marry th ...more
Anita
Based in Medieval Italy, the story begins with the birth of Morena and her dying mother’s gift of the legendary bloodstone which holds a clue of a long forgotten Roman treasure said to be buried beneath Bloodstone Castle.

Eighteen years later, Duke Amoro Dragone races home to Genoa to be with his mother, Caterina. His father Duke Bartolomeo Dragone, is dead, killed in an ambush by brigands. His dying wish is that Amoro end a feud and marry the Contessa Morena Monterossa of Portovenere.

Amoro is mo
Ginger Simpson
Bloodstone Castle by Mirella Patzer (Historical)

Duke Amoro Dragone is quite content with the lady in his life, but when his father is brutally murdered, Amoro’s mother reveals her husband’s final wishes. Laria will no longer be part of Amoro’s future, for he is to wed Contessa Morena Monterossa. Although she is the daughter of the enemy and he’s never laid eyes on her, he vows to honor his father and, with the marriage, put an end to the feuding between the two families.

The beautiful occupant of
Julie
I got this book from the kindle lending library.
The description was interesting. An Italian Gothic Historical romance.
Morena was given a bloodstone pendant passed down to her from her mother, who died in childbirth.
The pendant holds the key to a vast treasure hidden somewhere in the castle. Morena doesn't know that. To her it's a precious keepsake.
From birth, Morena has been promised to Ernesto. But when the Duke Amoro Dragone arrives at the castle explaining that he intends to marry her, Mo
LindyLouMac

This novel caught my interest as it is set in Italy, however the historical genre and the medieval period that it is set in were not so appealing but I decided that I was interested enough to give it a try.

Also this was to be my first opportunity to read a book on my E-reader.

The year is 1270 and the young Duke Amoro Dragone has returned to his home Castle Dragone in Genoa, Italy to attend the funeral of his father Duke Bartolomeo Dragone.

He died as the result of an ambush and according to Amoro
Cat
I felt this book took too long to get to the point - the plot is slow moving and simply feels like it drags on. Just as I think the book is coming to an end, something (terrible) happens and it goes on for a dozen or so more pages until the cycle repeats itself. Admittedly the last few pages wrap things up pretty quickly.

This is not your typical "hard to get girl, pursued doggedly by good looking privileged man" book; there is a good amount of violence (fighting, rape). It is also a classic case
Abby Rose
Abby Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Kay English
Kay English is currently reading it
May 09, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Quetzi Fernald
Quetzi Fernald marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Bodacious
Bodacious marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Shannon
Shannon is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Toni Macdonald
Toni Macdonald marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Anastasia
Anastasia marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
pamelaswanner
pamelaswanner marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 15, 2015 11:40AM
Mirella Patzer is an author and avid reader of historical fiction. She lives with her husband, two daughters, and precocious grandson in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.
More about Mirella Sichirollo Patzer...
Orphan of the Olive Tree The Contessa's Vendetta The Betrothal The Novice ITALIAN HISTORICAL Box Set of 3 Full Length Novels