Start by marking “Secret Justice” as Want to Read:
Secret Justice

Secret Justice

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  20 reviews

James W. Huston takes the hottest issue of our time—the War on Terrorism—and explores it with a compelling, stay-up-late thriller filled with high-stakes courtroom drama, white-knuckle in-the-cockpit flying, and the shadowy world of American Special Forces operations.

Lieutenant Kent "Rat" Rathman is back. In the middle of the desert, in the dead of night, Lieutenant Rathma

Published (first published May 27th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Justice

Jeanne
An exciting military suspense novel that makes you question why the government is trying to railroad a special forces operative who is attempting to free the world of a know terrorist and his cell. Great story with the grand finale I love. 8 out of 10 for me.
Karsten
Never read this authors work but I really liked this novel, will read more from him
Don Weidinger
difficult trial, annoy aggravate a shit stick, start queue on, who is behind this, work on from unexpected angles, nuclear bombs and fear of crazy acts, Paul none of is good, support Hitler’s justice as amnesty doctors Ollie, predisposed to find guilty for punishment and individual’s sense of justice vs justice of individual.
Ed
#2 in the "Rat" Rathman series. Not much of a series, Rathman appears in two of author Huston's military thrillers.

"Rat" Rathman series - When Lieutenant Ratham is investigated for the death of a member of Wahamad Duar's terrorist organization during interrogation, he finds he must defend himself before he can protect his country from a massive attack planned by Duar's organization
Doug
Oct 29, 2008 Doug rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Flynn fans, "24" fans
Shelves: fic-j-huston
I wasn't looking for much from a Clancyish, Flynn-like novel about government conspiracies and the alleged torture of terrorists, and was thus amazed with the quality of this story. Readers are introduced to the waterboard within the first tenth of the book and riveted throughout. Five easy stars.
Jeffrey
Secret Justice is just okay at best. I was in the mood for light, fast-paced adventure. Instead I got implied philosophy in a slow-paced adventure. Oh well...it is not great, but nor is it hideous.
Steve
Good book, but predictable. This is conspiracy 101 and did not build up the politica intrique enough. I did enjoy the book because it is full of action and anti-terrorism sentiments.
Sara
One of the partners in my law firm wrote a series of books about this character. This one is about the ethics and effectiveness of torture. It's an action beach read.
Steve Davis
Good yarn with lots of navy and legal jargon -- understandable for a past F-14 TopGun pilot and lawyer author. I'll read more from this author.
Dane Morgan
Jul 25, 2013 Dane Morgan marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lizz
I really couldn't put this book down. Read it late into the night, yes I did. I'm not even interested in the military, but this one was great.
James Hetzel
Like most thrillers, Secret Justice was predictable. Still, I really enjoyed it. The author certainly understands the Navy. A good read.
Alisha
Tackles the issue of torture as a tool to extract information, particularly terrorists when time is of the essence.
Tim
Outstanding military suspense thriller. This novel draws you in through it’s exciting conclusion. 10 of 10 stars
Charlie
Mr. Houston has written a few novels I couldn't put down. This, however, wasn't one of them.
Peter
I really enjoyed reading this book and getting back to Rat.
Rosemarie
Read on the plane - would not recommend
Ron
Nancy 5 stars; Ron 5 stars
Nancy
Nancy 5 stars; Ron 5 stars
Ronald Howell
Ronald Howell marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Greg Sorell
Greg Sorell marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
DOROTHY ARENZ
DOROTHY ARENZ is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2015
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Andy
Andy added it
Feb 19, 2015
Ernest
Ernest marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
  • 24 Declassified: Cat's Claw
  • 24 Declassified: Collateral Damage
  • Ignition
  • Bunker 13
  • 58 Minutes (Basis for the Film Die Hard 2)
  • Hunt the Scorpion (SEAL Team Six, #2)
  • Saving Cascadia
  • Fade
  • Twice a Spy
  • Target America (Sniper Elite, #2)
  • Zero-Degree Murder
  • The Lucifer Gospel (Finn Ryan, #2)
  • The War in 2020
  • Walking Money (Bill Tasker, #1)
  • Goliath
  • Capitol Offense (Ben Kencaid, #17)
  • The Shot
  • The Leader And The Damned
In addition to being the author of Falcon Seven, Marine One, Secret Justice, Shadows of Power, Fallout, Flash Point, The Price of Power and Balance of Power, I am a partner in the international law firm of Morrison & Foerster, and head of the Trial Practice Group, and a former Navy Flight Officer in F-14s.

I grew up in West Lafayette, Indiana, and attended the University of South Carolina on a
More about James W. Huston...
Marine One Balance of Power (Jim Dillon, #1) Falcon Seven The Price of Power Flash Point