Start by marking “Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique

Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique (Fancy Nancy)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  402 ratings  ·  70 reviews
Grand opening!

Welcome to Fancy Nancy's Fabulous Fashion Boutique! Here you can find the fanciest almost-new outfits, accessories, jewelry, and lots more. There's even a necklace with real rhinestones for sale. Ooh la la!

The fashion boutique is a huge success, but it's also Nancy's little sister's birthday. And when it starts to rain, her birthday party might be ruined! Nan
Published October 12th 2010 by HarperCollins (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique

Emma
In Fabulous Fashion Boutique, the Clancys have a yard sale the week before Nancy's little sister JoJo's birthday. When Nancy sells a necklace that JoJo really wanted instead of giving it to her for her birthday, she realizes her mistake and buys it back instead of saving her money for the fancy fan she wanted. JoJo is thrilled and their parents reward Nancy by buying her the fan. Nancy and JoJo are just the sweetest and it's a nice message about doing good things and good things will come back t ...more
Becky B
In this Fancy Nancy adventure, Nancy's little sister is about to have a birthday. She knows her sister likes pirates, so Nancy must think of a way to raise some money to buy her sister a pirate patch. She decides to sell some of her old clothes and accessories, and opens her own Fabulous Fashion Boutique. Neighbor kids flock to the sale. During the fashion bonanza, Nancy's little sister expresses an interest in a certain necklace being sold, but Nancy is so set on her sister being a pirate fanat ...more
Margaret Dilloway
Sort of like Gift of the Magi for young kids, except with a happier ending. Nancy spends her allowance on a present for her sister, so doesn't have enough left to buy a lace fan. So she has a garage sale (boutique sale) to raise money. She sells a necklace her sister loves to a neighbor,then goes to get it back by bargaining for it with more trinkets and a refund. She does this even though it means she will not get the fan, and it's all worth it to make her little sister happy.
Libby
You know, I didn't think I would like Fancy Nancy way back before I was a parent, but I do. Even though Nancy loves being fancy, she is genuinely a nice girl, and she (mostly) doesn't let being fancy get in the way of being nice. In the Fabulous Fashion Boutique, Nancy's desire to earn money for a beautiful fan almost gets in the way of making her sister's birthday happy...but not quite. She realizes her mistake in time and fixes it, with happy endings all around. We reread this one several time ...more
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
It is Nancy's sister's birthday and she wants to have a Pirate Themed Birthday Party. How fun! While shopping for a birthday gift Nancy cannot decide what to get for her sister. However, she finds a fan that she must have for herself! To help raise money so she can buy this fancy fan, Nancy decides to sell some of her fancy cloths and things, creating a Fashion Boutique! Nancy's sister points out a necklace that she really likes and wants, however, Nancy needs money so she sells it to one of her ...more
Soliquius
I thought this was one of the best Fancy Nancy books written so far.

Nancy spends nearly all her money on her sister's birthday present before finding something on sale that she really wanted, but no longer has money for. She neither returns the present or whines and begs for extra money, she decides to earn it.

While running her store it is clear that Nancy's sister would just love one of the pieces of jewelry for sale, but Nancy won't sell it to her (for the penny offered) and instead sells it t
Anna J.
Fancy Nancy and the Fabulous Fashion Boutique is about a little girl who wants a fan, so she holds a sale with her clothes and accessories. She ends up selling a necklace her sister really wants to earn money. However, Fancy Nancy feels bad about making her sister sad on her birthday, and the story is about her being conflicted over whether she should return the money and get the necklace back for her sister’s birthday present or keep the money and buy the fan she really wants for herself. This ...more
Kathleen Dixon
Another cute book in this series. Nancy buys a present for her sister and sees a beautiful lace fan that she wants to buy. She decides to sell a lot of her old frippery. All is well until little sister wants the same necklace that a friend has asked Nancy to hold for her.
Amy Rae
Thoroughly middle-of-the-road. If you like Fancy Nancy, you'll probably enjoy it. If you find her a little grating, it's not going to help any. I mostly find her compulsively read-and-forget-able, personally, and this title's no more essential than any of the others.
Dolly
Aug 19, 2012 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2012, birthday, childrens
Our girls just love Fancy Nancy and this is a sweet tale about Nancy earning money for something that she really wants by selling off some of her fabulous wardrobe.

I love that the story teaches children about delayed gratification, earning the money for things that you want and getting rid of items that you've outgrown or no longer want. I also love that Nancy makes her sister happy at the cost of her own wants.

Overall, it's a fun story to read aloud and has more substance than many of the oth
Kiera Turner
I read this book for one of the little girls in my class on her birthday. This book is so cute and filled with lots of glitz and glam! Fancy Nancy is one of my favorite book characters and I will continue to love her!
Polly
I kind of missed the princess bug as a child (I was much more the prince type--you have to be if you're the oldest, and for a long time the tallest of three sisters and you're going to play pretend games together--games with all female characters have their limitations), and so I find it very hard to understand this stuff. I don't mind it on the whole--I have my own princess moments, stylistically speaking, as an adult--but when it becomes a case of encouraging children to be obsessed with shopp ...more
Tracy
Our family LOVES Fancy Nancy. She has chapter books now, too! I wouldn't bother to rate each individual story, but this picture book stands out. If you have girls, it's a great read. The sisters in this book learn that when you share and try to make your sister happy, you end up pretty happy, too.
Lauren Iuppa
Of course I had to pick out another Fancy Nancy because they are my absolute favorite books now and were in my childhood. They just make laugh so much how happy the little girl is and how big her imagination is. She always comes up with some crazy brilliant idea to do something super cute in her stories that you would think little girls wouldn't come up with. She has an amazing imagination and I think that shows a great message for children on imagination. I see little girls loving this series. ...more
Child960801
Nancy wants to make some money so she decides to sell some of her old things.
Tricia
Truth be told, I tolerate Fancy Nancy for my daughters' sakes. As usual, this is an easy readaloud filled with frilly detailed "fancy" illustrations. My one issue with this title is that Nancy has her yard sale and sells a necklace to a friend. When her sister wants this piece badly, Nancy actually goes to the friend's house and "persuades" her to give it back. HORROR of rudeness! I actually had to explain that what Nancy did was extremely rude. I hate when I have to do that as I sit down to sim ...more
Fancy Nancy's little sister is having a pirate-themed birthday party. Nancy decides to have a boutique sale of her fancy stuff. Nancy has a hard time figuring out what to buy for her sister and wants to buy a fan for herself. It rains at the pirate birthday party but Nancy saves the day with a fabulous fashion show.

Sounds like a lot for one story? It is! The plot still makes sense but there's just one problem too many for the story. If you love Fancy Nancy, you will love this story too!
Alice
Trying to get ready for our a Fancy Nancy Party by reading all of our libraries Fancy Nancy books!!! I just feel so fabulous and fancy reading this story. I still have no Idea what I am going to be wearing for our Fancy Nancy Party the library is hosting, but I hope it is fancy enough as I have to do a lot of the decor, invitations, planning etc etc etc. Maybe I should go to Miss Nancy boutique sale, but I doubt anything is in my size.....well maybe the rhinestone necklaces!
Liz Todd
Such a sweet story in which, once again, Nancy is a great role model! She shows kindness to her little sister by sacrificing to get her sister a birthday gift. I am so happy to read these stories to my own kids.

I think the comprehension level on this book was somewhat higher than the other stories. G had a hard time following the story, but could understand the feelings of little sister, Jojo. We will have many rereads, I am sure, so she will eventually get it.

Jennifer Amichia
This is a cute book and is a part of a series. I couldn't help but to think about yard sales I had when I was younger as well. I remember going through the planning process and just knowing it would be a HUGE success! This book could be used in a math lesson in which students would make their own yard sales. This would help give them real life experience with money and value. Fun and cute book (especially for girls) and a nice read.
Ashley Wampler
Nancy finds a fabulous lace fan that she wants, but she has spent nearly all of her money on her little sister's birthday present. Nancy opens a boutique to earn money for the fan. Her sister wants a necklace from Nancy's boutique, so Nancy gives it to her in addition to the other gift. She doesn't make enough money to buy her fan, but her parents reward her with it for being a great big sister!
Shawn
This picture book has so many things going for it that will appeal to children: pirates, big sister situations, moneymaking ideas, parties, and good strong vocabulary. I am not often a fan of sequels and am really not personally a fan of lots of pink-girly stuff(!), but I recommend this book whole-heartedly. (And, the pink is growing on me a bit for the sake of my niece!)
Kayla
I think I would have loved this book as a child. This book is about a young girl with many adventures and this book is a whole series of books. Fancy Nancy is a young princess who introduces new vocabulary during her story and explains it in her own words! I think young girls will love this book, and maybe not so much boys. Great illustrations!
Jinky
Of course, a very girlie-girlie book. Picture full of frilly dresses, jewelries, accessories, but to add a bit of spice ... some pirate theme. Beautiful illustrations done by Robin Preiss Glasser. The story had a good deed lesson.

***Find this review and more at Jinky is Reading
Marek
Fancy Nancy learns the importance of kindness and thinking of others, even when she really wanted a different outcome. But as all children's stories go, it was a happy ending, anyway, for everyone. She also introduces some new words into my child's vocabulary and we always love the fun illustrations of this series, as well.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I'm not sure what to think about Fancy Nancy. All that fancy-ness irritates me. But I'm not the intended audience. Little Miss loves it. And under the multiple layers of accessories is actually a story about a girl learning to be kind to her sister. So it's really kind of sweet.
Nicole
These books are SO darn popular that I finally got my hand on a copy to check out the series. I can see why kids love them - very sparkly and fun and somewhat silly. I thought it was a bit wordy with slightly overdone art, but it was decent. Again, I can see why kids love these books...
Dawn Little
My four year old daughter enjoys the Fancy Nancy series of books. I enjoy the fact that she learns and uses new vocabulary from them. I think they would be good to use to teach word choice and vocabulary in the classroom, though not sure boys would appreciate as much!
Nancy Jo Lambert
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Robin Brennan
Maddie loves Fancy Nancy and this book did not disappoint. In fact so far none of this series disappointed her. Had this book put away when I came across it during closet cleaning...a bonus. So we spent a fun time...reading it 3xs!
  • Shoe-La-La!
  • Pinkalicious: Pink around the Rink
  • Madeline at the White House
  • Crafty Chloe
  • Red Wagon
  • Ponyella
  • Tea for Ruby
  • Eloise: The Ultimate Edition
  • A Big Guy Took My Ball! (Elephant & Piggie, #19)
  • Whopper Cake
  • Duck & Goose Go to the Beach
  • I'm a Big Sister
  • The Silver Button
  • Going Places
  • Big Red Lollipop
  • The Cow That Went OINK
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website
More about Jane O'Connor...
Fancy Nancy Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: From Accessories to Zany