Start by marking “Het Boek Van Wraak (Verboden & Verbannen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Het Boek Van Wraak (Verboden & Verbannen, #3)

Het Boek Van Wraak (The Banned and the Banished #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  3,286 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
De toekomst van het mooie Alasea ligt in handen van de jonge Elena, dienares van de wilde magie. Zij moet een krachtige amulet opsporen om de Duistere Heer te verslaan. Dit voorwerp is verborgen in Aloa Glen, waarvandaan nog nooit iemand levend is teruggekeerd. Met haar bondgenoten organiseert ze een invasie. Een van hen is echter een mogelijke verrader. Zal hij voor haar ...more
Published 2005 by Luitingh Fantasy (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Het Boek Van Wraak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Het Boek Van Wraak

Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Yes, the story does drag at times but the world building and the development of the characters are above par.

These characters and the stories that weave around them are phenomenal.

I so give this author top ranking for putting this all together as effortlessly as he did. I find it amazing how over a period of 5 books that even the littlest details come into play in future books. Spectacular!
Harold Shaver
I first read this series many years ago when I first got into digital reading and was the proud possessor of a Palm VIIx with, if I recall correctly a 256mb Compact Flash card in it that I stored apps and books on. Damn those were the days! In any case to show you just how compelling these books were, I read all five of the quite lengthy tomes on the minuscule screen of that Palm Pilot device. They were in the Palm .PDB format and were acquired from the then fledgling, now departed (it has since ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished #3), James Clemens

In her hands, the young wit'ch Elena holds the awesome energies of blood magick--and more. For the fate of all Alasea hinges on her recovery of the Blood Diary, a potent talisman forged five hundred years ago, then locked away behind wards too strong for any mage to break. But only with the secrets recorded in its pages can Elena defeat the evil magicks of the Dark Lord. The challenge? The Diary lies hidden in A'loa Glen, the fabled city
Caiti
Oct 31, 2012 Caiti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy coffee table fantasies.
I will not remember the names of these books. I barely remember the names of the characters - even the main ones. However, no matter what, I'll never forget the name I've come to think of the entire series by:

Sudden'ly

As I've mentioned in a previous review of most likely the first book of the Banned and the Banished, I can't help but think that Alasea is the safe haven for all of those apostrophes that professional and budding authors considered too excessive and erased from their projects. Th
Hbanlin
Mar 06, 2017 Hbanlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C'est toujours un plaisir de retrouver Elena, Er'ril et l'ensemble de la saga de la Sor'Cière...

Cependant j'ai moins apprécié ce tome que le précédent, le 2 restant pour l'instant mon preféré. Cette reserve tient notamment au rythme particulièrement ralenti dans la premiere partie du livre.

:::::SPOILERS::::: l faut attendre in bon moment avant que l'intrigue se décante à nouveau et certains fils sont assez grossiers (la soudaine maturité d'Elena visant seulement à rendre son attirance pour Er'ri
Nathan Burgoine
Jan 01, 2013 Nathan Burgoine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting with "Wit'ch Fire," James Clemens introduced the character of Elena. A young woman born a wit'ch (a woman with the abilties of great magicks), she is of a mixed prophecy - either the savior of the world, or its death.

That was the beginning of the "Banned and the Banished," series. Since then, Clemens has rounded out the cast of his books with wonderfully drawn characters: rich in elemental magics that don't overpower their characters and personalities.

In this third book in the series, E
Chip Hunter
In the third installment of The Banned and the Banished series, the action reaches a climax of sorts. Finally we get a direct confrontation between Elena and the powers of the Dark Lord. We also get the long-anticipated match-up between Er’ril and his doomed brother Sorkhan. A lot of the groundwork for this book was laid in the first two novels, and Clemens does not waste space with unnecessary details here. It is all action and it is presented at a break-neck pace. That is not to say that the s ...more
Sara
Apr 10, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-it
Vodis
Feb 20, 2014 Vodis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, reviewed
L'aventure continue,
Eléna a réussi, on ne sait pas trop comment, a rallier différentes factions pour l'aider dans ce qui finalement est devenue une guerre. On se rendra en fait compte qu'il ne s'agit que d'une bataille unique. Bon je passe le fait que l'histoire est toujours aussi prenante et intéressante, que notre sorcière bien aimée (ah ah) grandit de plus en plus et qu'elle s'approprie enfin ses pouvoirs, et que les surprises se suivent et créent des moments de tension qui entraineront de no
Lizza11
Alweer het 3e boek van de V&V serie, en weer in no-time uitgelezen. Met dit boek kom je weer een stapje dichterbij het plot, maar het gaat wel erg snel zo. Het is voor mijn gevoel een beetje lastig bij te houden hoeveel tijd er nu ongeveer is verstreken in de serie, omdat ze ipv weken en maanden het hebben over manen. De gebeurtenissen in dit boek had ik daardoor pas verwacht in deel 4 of misschien zelfs 5, maar dat kan natuurlijk helemaal niet doordat de echte strijd nu pas op punt van begi ...more
Sarah Briggs
Jun 06, 2013 Sarah Briggs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(This review may contain spoilers).

So questions were answered while other questions were raised here. The characters were interesting and well-written and the author wasn't afraid to kill them when it worked in the story. There was an awful lot of violence, but since the characters were at war, that was to be expected.

It was good to see things resolved with Rockingham - but really horrible about Kral. I might know how things end up, but it's still depressing to read about it all.

Tol'chuk still r
Joel Flank
Sep 11, 2013 Joel Flank rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another solid entry in the Banned and the Banished series. In this book, Elena gathers her allies for an assault on A'loa Glen, to retrieve the Blood Diary that has been locked away for 500 years. Along the way, there are the expected difficulties, new characters and challenges, as well as lots of self-reflection and self-doubt by several of the key characters. More insight is given to some of the enemies in the series, and several sub-plots from the first book in the series get nicely wrapped u ...more
Silvena
Mar 08, 2010 Silvena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started to love this series from the first two books, but... this one started using some questionable racist language. Like over and over and over. Seriously, how many times does Brother Moris need to be referred to as "the black-skinned Brother" (EVERY single time he's mentioned) and how many times does someone's "strange complexion" make them difficult to trust? I was so disappointed. I just can't feel the same way about this series. I try to be chill about when race politics are ambiguous i ...more
Ryan
May 16, 2010 Ryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It's a bit too "fantastical" for my tastes. The characters seem to know things that they shouldn't know given the circumstances that are set up in the book. "E.g., this forest that just killed hundreds of people was briefly disappointed and is now ignoring us". Too many people come back to life or communicate with their spirits… If you kill off someone, just let them stay dead.

Most the battles have the same "feel". Here is a new disgusting incredibly powerful monster attacking the same people wh
JY (Jennifer)
Nov 09, 2010 JY (Jennifer) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie Timiney
Book 3 still running strong! Sequels tend to start fizzling as they soon just become fodder mixed with minutely interesting story lines to keep the cash cow going. NOT SO with the banned and the banished series. EVERY SINGLE book is just filled with so much energy and stories that have you cheering, crying, and booing all the way through. It's hard to even put the books down! Bravo James Clemens! Standing ovation on this entire series!
Steve
Aug 02, 2011 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Book 3 has done a good job of expanding the scope of the story to include so many people and areas of the world. The story is unfolding nicely with many cross stories being expertly weaved together! By far the best book so far in this series! The character development has been very nice and they almost seem more real now then they did in parts of book 2. Overall very excited for book 4 and further insight into the Wiergates and the Blood Diary!

O
Galleane
Est-ce que j'ai aimé ? Oui. Est-ce que j'ai beaucoup aimé ? Non. Je suis toujours mitigée sur cette série et je ne pense pas lire la suite dans l'immédiat. Mais ce qui se passe à la fin et les personnages que nous quittons tôt dans l'aventure pour faire tout autre chose me donne envie de poursuive l'aventure. Donc c'est plutôt bon dans l'ensemble.

Ma chronique complète : http://bloggalleane.blogspot.fr/2010/...
Vivian
Feb 10, 2010 Vivian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Once again, Clemens weaves an outstanding story that could go farther than it did in this book. There were way too many characters and plots going on at the same time that it got a bit complex and confusing during times when I just got engaged into one story plot just to get torn away from it to get introduced to another plot. Then I have to remember what had happened before to actually make sense of what was happening. Other than this problem, I felt that Wit’ch War was a very good book.
Murry
Jun 16, 2008 Murry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like the second book of the LOTR trilogy, Wit'ch Storm is replete with war images and war scenes. It is interesting how the evil, seemingly invincible adversary of the first book, the Skaltum, are cut down in droves in this book. A good illustration of how the fear of the power of a common enemy can lead to the joining of forces and the proliferation of bigger and badder weapons. Can't we all just get along?
Iman Eyitayo
May 22, 2014 Iman Eyitayo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, fantasy, suspense
Un T3 toujours aussi riche en action, suspens, surprises et aventures ! À part une histoire d'amour naissante qui m'a profondément dérangée et un petit manque d'empathie pour certains personnages, je n'ai rien à reprocher à ce livre. Rendez-vous au Tome 4 !

Vanessa Vallos
Dec 28, 2015 Vanessa Vallos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moi je dis oui et encore !
Ce livre etait trop bon, un peu cher a l achat neuf... mais il fait presque 800 pages.
J ai retrouver tout ce que j ai aime dans les deux premier tome.
Action aventure. Du la.pur et bonne fantasy. C est trop bon.
J ai passer de bons moment et pleins d emotions !
De bon personnages qu on adore retrouver !
Tìbò Le dwàrìn
Magnifique tome.
Je suis content que l'auteur ait enfin prit le temps d'étoffer certains de ses personnages, en laissant d'autres de côté (pour y revenir dans le tome 4?).
Une fois le livre terminé on se rend compte que l'auteur nous a raconté beaucoup de chose, et qu'il a vraiment fait avancer le "schmilblick".
Le tome suivant promet (encore une fois) de très bonnes choses.
Iman Eyitayo
Apr 15, 2014 Iman Eyitayo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Chronique : http://imanbooks.blogspot.fr/2014/10/...
Ashley White
Feb 23, 2014 Ashley White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys Fantasy
This one is possibly my favorite out of the series. Not only is there an epic battle (Ok MANY epic battles) but there's mermaids and dragons! (Ok so they were introduced last book) But this one has pure awesomeness, and you find yourself not hating Clemens quite so much, and even loving the characters a little more.
Axel
Sep 10, 2015 Axel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my least liked part of the series. A ton of new characters pop in and some are not that interesting. Alot happens in this part of the series but i found it a drag to read. It feels like you are being distracted from the true story.
Morrigan Marsion
This is the start to an epic tale of a young girl into woman in a tragic era in her society. It is filled with ups and downs and keeps your heart racing with all of the twists and turns.

This is the start of the war.
K.l.
Feb 29, 2012 K.l. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, epic-fantasy, own
Elena is close to finding the Book that can possibly help her save the world (and her friends of course) and Erril is about to come face to face with someone from his past. Mogweed is the most hideous little shit ever created, and the Elf becomes a lot more likeable
Lisa's book adventures
Wonderful series !
I lived and breathed these books for years.
I loved the plot, the story, the details.
It are the books that got me into reading again.
These are definitely books with a lot of memories for me.
Cary
Apr 07, 2015 Cary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are going to make me eat my nails to the core.... I dont know where to begin, withthe horrible war, with Linora, with Rockwell or with any of our friends... Why did that happened to karl? will mycelle be back? oh jesus, let me go read the next booj
  • Dhiammara (Artefacts of Power, #4)
  • The Pool of Two Moons (The Witches of Eileanan, #2)
  • Das Zeichen des Dunklen Gottes (Ulldart - Die Dunkle Zeit, #3)
  • Guardians of the Lost (Sovereign Stone, #2)
  • Le vaisseau magique (Les aventuriers de la mer, #1)
  • The Wild Mother
  • De erfenis van Richard Grenville (De verborgen universiteit, #1)
  • Children of Amarid (Lon Tobyn Chronicle #1)
  • The Fifth Sorceress (The Chronicles of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • The Barbed Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #2)
James Rollins and James Clemens are two of the pen names of American veterinarian Jim Czajkowski (born 1961), author of bestselling fantasy and action-packed adventure-thrillers. He sold his veterinary practice in Sacramento, California, to concentrate full-time on writing.

James is an amateur spelunker and a certified scuba diver. These pastimes provide much fodder for his novels, which are often
More about James Clemens...

The Banned and the Banished (5 books)
  • Wit'ch Fire (The Banned and the Banished, #1)
  • Wit'ch Storm (The Banned and the Banished, #2)
  • Wit'ch Gate (The Banned and the Banished, #4)
  • Wit'ch Star (The Banned and the Banished, #5)