Statistics for Experimenters: Design, Innovation, and Discovery

Statistics for Experimenters: Design, Innovation, and Discovery

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A Classic adapted to modern times

Rewritten and updated, this new edition of Statistics for Experimenters adopts the same approaches as the landmark First Edition by teaching with examples, readily understood graphics, and the appropriate use of computers. Catalyzing innovation, problem solving, and discovery, the Second Edition provides experimenters with the scientific an

Published June 1st 2005 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Statistics for Experimenters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Statistics for Experimenters

David
OK. Obviously not a book for everyone. But if I had to choose one statistics book to take with me on a desert island, this would be the one. (And I've co-authored a statistics book).

Deservedly recognized as a classic. One of the high points of my (professional) life was when I attended a Gordon conference in New Hampshire back in 1984, I got to swim in the same swimming hole with all three authors of this book. Sadly, Bill Hunter died not too long thereafter.
Ajt568
Only on page 46 so far but the overview of stats required for the rest of the book is good. My biggest gripe with it is that it is sloppy with the use of Greek letters. Nu and upsilon are thoroughly confused for example on pages 46-47. So it's a lovely book but one has to take care. I am reading it as it concerns DOE.
Ana
Ana added it
Jul 15, 2014
Alejandro
Alejandro marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Whitfield
Whitfield is currently reading it
Jun 09, 2014
Andrew Andrade
Andrew Andrade marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Arch
Arch marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Laptev  Nikolay
Laptev Nikolay marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Rado
Rado added it
Jan 10, 2014
Stas Panteleev
Stas Panteleev marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Christina Jain
Christina Jain marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Srinivas Velanati
Srinivas Velanati marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Wei Cheng
Wei Cheng marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Matt Canute
Matt Canute marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Harmanas Chopra
Harmanas Chopra marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Konrad Błaszkiewicz
Konrad Błaszkiewicz marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Statistics for Experimenters: An Introduction to Design, Data Analysis, and Model Building Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control An Accidental Statistician: The Life and Memories of George E. P. Box Evolutionary Operation: A Statistical Method for Process Improvement Empirical Model-Building and Response Surfaces