Start by marking “Final Battle (In Her Name: Redemption, #3)” as Want to Read:
Final Battle (In Her Name: Redemption, #3)

Final Battle (In Her Name: Redemption #3)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,900 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Following Confederation, Final Battle is the last book in the saga of Reza Gard. Reza is caught up in a daring plot to assassinate the Confederation President, even as something goes terribly wrong in the Empire and its warriors lose their will to fight. Reunited with Tesh-Dar, Reza and his friends fight to save the woman he loves, with the fate of the Empire and Humanity ...more
Published (first published September 2nd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Final Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Final Battle

Joe Russomanno
Jul 09, 2012 Joe Russomanno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I mentioned in my previous review of Mr. Hicks' work and opinion of him, I believe he is the modern-day American Homer. I can't say enough how I felt this story sent me back to my reading of the literary work depicting the Trojan war and 10 year journey afterwards of Odysseus.

The plot is almost flawless except for the lack of foresight on Military technology. For example we use robotics now to explore underground caves, in a thousand years are we really sending live humans into god-knows-what
Deborah Hughes
Dec 12, 2011 Deborah Hughes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this series though it isn't typical of my reading choices. I got caught up in the story and had to finish it out. I loved the first book, really liked the second one but found myself a little disappointed with the third. After all it took for our hero to reunite with his love, it happened so fast and then we didn't even get to revel in the reunion. And really, controversy in a book is good to keep a story going but my word, did the bad guys have to be that bad and did they have t ...more
Cass

While I have enjoyed this sci-fi trilogy I found this final novel both boring and predictable.

The main character, Reza, seemed largely absent throughout this book. Not just because he spent so much of it locked up, but also he seemed to lose the interesting personality that had featured throughout the previous books.

In an effort to ensure Thorella was thoroughly painted as a demon character he was depicted in many unnessecary sexual scenes... Stroking an erect cock after murdering a m
Lesley
Jul 03, 2013 Lesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This entire series has kept me enthralled from the very beginning - and yes, I've read all six books chronologically starting with First Contact - and I expected to finish this book with a resounding sense of satisfaction. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened and instead, I feel a bit let down.

The conclusion was just a little bit too pat for my liking. All the baddies conveniently blown up, the Kreelans whisked away to another dimension, the lesbian killed - why does the lesbian always die? And w
Gordon Tucker
The ending felt forced and didn't explain enough for me. That plus no character development (all good guys are perfect and all bad guys have no redeeming qualities. They are just out to do evil)
Phoenix Reads
Dec 20, 2012 Phoenix Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
It had been a long time since I read science fiction, but I decided to expand my reading to new genres and picked up Empire (In Her Name: Redemption, #1) by Michael R. Hicks. I found it to be a wonderful blend of epic fantasy and sci fi.

So read it, loved it, and immediately bought Confederation, and Final Battle.

Michael Hicks created the world of Earth after it had taken to space, having built far-flung, loose colonies that behaved similar to our own nations here on Earth - mistrusting, not nece
C.p. Bialois
Mar 09, 2012 C.p. Bialois rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the ending of the second book in the trilogy, Confederation, I couldn't wait to start reading Final Battle and I wasn't disappointed. As the final chapter of Resa Gard's tale begins we're treated to the possible conclusion of the hundred year war between the Confederation and Kreelan Empire. At the moment where history is about to be made Resa must face his greatest foe to date and save both of his peoples.

As I said in the beginning, I wasn't disappointed in Final battle as the consistency
Serge Boivin
Solace Winter
Feb 19, 2013 Solace Winter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Herein lies the third, and final, part for the In Her Name series. The first two books were written brilliantly and I could not wait to dive into the next novel. Reza, Nicole, Jodi, and Eustus have stories that need to be heard and need to find an ending.

Unfortunately the ending seems to drag compared to part one and part two. Every detail is important while at the same time I think I could have skimmed and never been lost. My attention was caught again towards the end when the brutality came c
Jp
Feb 27, 2012 Jp rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tim
Oct 10, 2012 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome capstone to the trilogy. This book picks up where the others left off and continues the story though the climatic battle between the Kreelans and Humans. Hicks' characters become even richer (if that's possible) in this book and many of the unanswered questions are answered, including the motivations of the "bad guys" that came to light in book 2.

I will definitely be looking for and getting the books from the other "In Her Name" trilogies. I would highly recommend this series to other
Greg
This was a great wrap up of the trilogy.

As I was reading this book though I found it interesting that the space battles and travel didn't bug me as it has in other books. That the science behind the battles/science didn't seem "real" (i.e. dealing with delta-v, distances, communication issues over solar distances, etc, etc, "David Weber" like real...). In other books this bugged me, but in this series it didn't. Talk about an example of "suspending disbelief" in action!

Going to take a break fr
Brandon Mather
I'll try to keep this spoiler free.

Disappointing.

The In Her Name saga started out strong with First Contact. From there it just got better and better as Michael R. Hicks grew stronger as an author. While neither of the first two trilogy's will go down in history as literary masterpieces, there is a definite improvement in how Mr. Hicks is able to deliver the images and ideas he wants you to take away from his content.

By the last book in the first trilogy It was like a movie playing in my head
Marianne Søiland
This last book of the trilogy is wonderful, and the trilogy as a total - a masterpiece! The ending is very well done bringing together all the threads of the novel and the seemingly insoluble problem of co-existence finds a fitting resolution. It is so beautifully done - and you end up sitting there smiling, feeling that you really have been part of something truly exceptional. If possible, I would give this a 6! No review can truly describe the feeling this trilogy gives you. A must-read !!!
Daniel Swensen
Sep 04, 2012 Daniel Swensen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi, space-opera
It pains me to rate this book so low, because I quite enjoyed the first two. But the third volume just went off the rails for me. Gave up on the story at the graphic gang-rape of one of my favorite characters. Skipped to the end, found it very unsatisfying, called it quits. I won't be returning to this series. I still enjoyed the first book, but now I wish I'd stopped there.
Cameluta
This is the final chapter of the first trilogy of "In Her name" series. Michael Hicks found the perfect conclusion for the trilogy. It is so emotional, still with a strong action and plots. This is a great trilogy, a highly recommended read not only for science fiction lovers.
Misshollie
Aug 27, 2014 Misshollie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it. I had to keep reading from 1st book to 3rd. Sucked me in and couldn't stop. My children got sick of hearing about how it replace Star Wars as my fav. sci/fi story. Then went on to read prequel series. Amazing but I like war stories. Courage, Hero's and such. Then had to learn about Kreelan's history. pre prequel. Now I am still waiting for the 3rd book of that series and am getting a bit frustrated with Mr. Hicks. suppose to have been available in March. then July. Now almost September ...more
Shawn Dvorak
May 18, 2014 Shawn Dvorak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last story in what is now a three-trilogy series centered on the mankind's fight for survival against the only other sentient race in our galaxy, the Kreelan. After more than a century of war, the seemingly invincible Kreelan appear to be vulnerable, and the human forces are ready to make an all-out attack that must succeed, or leave all of mankind's planets undefended. Why have the Kreelans suddenly started pulling back from battle, and is it some kind of trap that they've waited so many ye ...more
Lisa Hapney
Sep 02, 2012 Lisa Hapney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altogether this has been a great series and I was thoroughly disappointed when I reached the end of Final Battle, the last book in Michael R. Hicks' In her Name: Redemption trilogy because I truly didn't want the story to end. Reza is a fantastic character who is incredibly interesting and easy to empathize with while reading. There's a lot going on in this book and I think Mr. Hicks did a great job of wrapping it all up, though I can only hope that there's another book after this one that will ...more
Kirkus MacGowan
Jun 03, 2012 Kirkus MacGowan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave the first two books in the In Her Name series four out of five stars because I wasn’t quite sure what to think. I enjoyed the stories immensely. They were epic in many ways and well written, yet I couldn’t decide what I thought about the series in its entirety.

Book three, In Her Name: Final Battle, sealed the deal. Hicks brought everything together neatly. Though there wasn’t as much action as in the other two, the political intrigues really pulled the story together. I took my time readi
Chris Grant
Jul 09, 2016 Chris Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic finish to the trilogy. Ive read the 1st 6 books and am now moving on to final trilogy. I wish the ending would have focused more on what happened to the Kreelans and not the humans but hopefuly there will be more on them in another trilogy. I do like how everything came together in the end and how some of the characters met thier end. Great books and glad i stumbled across these books.
Gloria Masitsa
Nov 03, 2015 Gloria Masitsa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty, I have not read a book lie this since Trudi Canavan's High Lord. I enjoyed every minute of it and could hardly put it down, much to the annoyance of my sister. This novel, and the whole In Her Name series, was magnificent. It had the perfect mixture of evil ***, love, honour and friendship. THANK YOU, Mr Hicks!!:-)
Wayne Elsner
May 19, 2014 Wayne Elsner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Final battle brings the six book series by Michael R. Hicks to a close. I started with First Contact and after reading it I was hooked. I couldn't put any of the books down and Final Battle was no exception. Great story line from start to finish. As all good things must come to an end so must the In Her Name series. I wish it wasn't so and will go on to read more of Hick's books.

Scott Kennedy
Mar 05, 2016 Scott Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gotta read

Four stars should have been five...tendency to be overly wordy with repeated explanation, but having said that enjoyed the six books so far read. Recommended to all sci fiction readers.
Gbolahan
Apr 09, 2014 Gbolahan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: none
Recommended to Gbolahan by: Hicks
Eh. This final one was not as good as the first two in the series. I'm just glad it's eventually over. I was getting sick of the villain masturbating himself and graphically raping people. Sheesh.
Gordon
Jan 06, 2015 Gordon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion

It was a story that you don't want to end; that in itself says a lot. I would have loved the series to have several more books.
Donna
Nov 25, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course, this is the best of the series so far. I love it! Reza Gard awakens in a hospital on earth after having been in a coma for months. Charged with murder and high treason, he finds himself the scapegoat for a daring plot. I hate to give away the story so I'll just say that the plot is thicking and Mr Hicks has improved his writing quite a bit. The love is so deep it is incredible, it is difficult to explain but it flows off the pages. The same is true for the hatred and deception but the ...more
Chuck Heikkinen
I'm writing this after reading the entire 6 novel series. If you like sci-fi about interaction with alien species, this is not to miss.
Steven Ellsworth
Great conclusion to a very good trilogy. I really enjoyed all three books and the conclusion did of good job of bringing the story to a satisfying and memorable conclusion. I highly recommend this series and enjoyed it very much.
Clarke Fielding
Was a little compressed. I would have liked some of the more dramatic pieces given more details but overall a good ending to the entire series.
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Spinward Fringe, #3)
  • The Sunfire (The Redemption Trilogy, #2)
  • The Making of Legend (Cerebral Network #1)
  • The Phoenix Conspiracy (The Phoenix Conspiracy, #1)
  • Star Chase - The Lost Prince
  • Half Share (Golden Age of the Solar Clipper, #2)
  • 47 Echo
  • Death Zone (The Cyber Chronicles, #2)
  • Progeny (The Progenitor Trilogy, #3)
  • The Syn-En Solution(Sys-En,#1)
  • Voice of the Chosen (Spirit of Empire, #3)
  • Gabriel's Redemption
  • The Course of Empire (Jao, #1)
  • Temporary Duty
Born in 1963, Michael Hicks grew up in the age of the Apollo program and spent his youth glued to the television watching the original Star Trek series and other science fiction movies, which continues to be a source of entertainment and inspiration. Having spent the majority of his life as a voracious reader, he has been heavily influenced by writers ranging from Robert Heinlein to David Weber, a ...more
More about Michael R. Hicks...

In Her Name: Redemption (3 books)
  • Empire (In Her Name: Redemption, #1)
  • Confederation (In Her Name: Redemption, #2)