Start by marking “A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)” as Want to Read:
A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)

A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps #35)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  2,223 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Erin and her brother Marty love Shock Street horror films until a tour of the Shocker studio theme park shows them that real life is a whole lot scarier than the movies.
Published December 13th 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Shocker on Shock Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shocker on Shock Street

Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I ignored all the sounds. I didn't want to think about whether they were being made by real monsters or fakes. I didn't want to think about the frightening creatures we had run into - or the close calls Marty and I had had.

I didn't want to think.

Excellent. We're back on track. This is a great Goosebumps novel.

Erin and Marty are best friends - 12 years old and so similar-looking they are often mistaken for twins. But they are similar in more than appearance! They both love horror movies, and alwa
Whitney
I always thought this one was super creepy. Maybe this is why I hate praying mantises to this day.
David Santos
I love books about haunted houses and things of that nature. While I love reading about them, I can't be in them. I'm about 3 scares away from a heart attack. Anyways, the book sounds dumb and the cover looks like a movie cover for Starship Troopers V, but it was actually pretty good. You have two kids who get to be the first kids to test out a horror ride or a tour ride of Shocker Studios. They get to see every scene from movies in the studio, but it comes to life! Now that would be fun.....and ...more
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Emma Louise
My favourite of the Goosebumps books. Scared me to death when I was 8.
Kevin Xu
a great shocking ending!
4adrian
Their is one girl and a boy who have a dad that has just made a scary theme park.They both love scary things. They love horror movies too. Their father has spent for ever working on this project and he is finally finished he right away invites them but wont tell them much about it in a strange way.

The two of them want to go on this ride and have a blast (before the ride starts). Then they love it and want to keep going while the sister is getting a bad felling about it (at the start of the rid
Badiss
Erin and her best friend Marty are in love with horror movies. One day Erin and Marty visit the new Shocker Studio Theme park, where all their favorite horror moves get shot. When they get there, real live monster's start chasing them, and trying to kill them.

I recommend this book to everyone. I enjoyed reading this book. I was able to keep a strong image in my head of what was happening in the book.

If i were to rate this book out of ten, i would give it six and a half. I continue to enjoy R.L.
Ms.
I liked this book because it has some creepy parts like when they are in "The Cave of Creeps" white worms fall from the ceiling and crawl all over them, the way the book descried them creeped me out. Read this book if you enjoy weird and creepy books.
Ted Sanders
This book was so bad that I had to read it twice to make sure. A Shocker on Shock Street remains my only 1-star book on GoodReads. Sorry R.L. Stine!

The ending was the worst part. Eight-year-old me had exacting standards, perhaps.
Dharia Scarab
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Jose Reyes
This book was very nail biting for me till the end in which the author tells us that they are just robots. I mean really who does that . The two "robots"are named Marty and Erin. Marty is the super brave one when erin thinks he is just a whiny sissy. Erin is the person who gets scared easily and Marty teases her about it. Marty is also really scared at some points and then acts like its no big deal later. The part that really got me on the edge of my seat was when Erin saw that a fake guy had a ...more
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Read from October 10, 2013 - October 10, 2013
Abhirami
I LIKE ALL GOOSEBUMPS AND THIS I AM NOT A BIT SCARED LIKE ALL OTHER SERIES
Ian
I know that someday robots have feelings as well as we human have
Dean Deters
`A SHOCKER ON SHOCH STREET

Summary, It's about a girl and two boys they go to the movies. the boy is creepy and the girl is a scaredypants.

Setting- They are in at a city and at evening. Its important because I would'nt now

charcter trait-
A boy named Marty a girl named Erin a boy named Chuck.

Most important event-

When Erin turned arouned and chuck was gone and Erin got even more scared.

Recommendation-

Abraham would like this book.
Ethan G.
Keegan
Erin and her best friend marty love the shocker on shock street movies, so when they get to go on the first schocker on shock street tour, they are ecstatic. But when the tram gets stuck they are in for the ride of their lives. The genre of the book is horror and I liked the tour setting but I think the book fell short.
Natalie
I read this when the Goosebumps craze swept through my class when I was at Primary School. As a kid - this one scared me! I remember a lot of tension that kept me awake and quickly turning page after page till very late at night - the first time that had ever happened to me with a book.
Devina
Pernah punya bukunya dulu.. Sayang entah hilang dimana.. Seingetku ini buku Goosebumps paling serem yang aku baca sampe sekarang, ceritanya 2 tokoh utama buku ini ikut tur yang dirancang oleh ayahnya salah satu bocah tokoh utama tsb.. Mereka berdua ikut tur buat tes pertama kali, kaya tur di taman bermain, cuma ini taman bermain yang horror, ada monster, jejadian, werewolf, dan teman2 sebangsanya.. Mereka ini naek trem.. Tapi ditengah2 perjalanan trem tiba2 macet, dari situlah situasi jadi nggak ...more
Bradley Mavericks
You should read one of the best R.L. Stine Goosebumps book: A Shocker on Shocker Street. This book is about two children who are the first ones to try a scary theme park ride. Did I mention that they are alone.

My favorite part of this novel is when they are being dragged into the ground by ZOMBIES!!! This is the greatest novel I have ever read. This novel has the perfect amount of suspense to scare you, but not to bore you. This book needs to be read by everyone. That's why I give this a 5 out o
Siddharth Chakravarthy
Really Good !!
Couldn't get my hands off this one. It was so Engrossing till the very end.
A Shocker Indeed :D
Aidan Michael
Nice book and adventurous.
Tracey
I love it when I'm totally taken by surprise by a Goosebumps book. I did not see that twist coming at the end. I was a little scared for the kids lol
Ceewill
Hailey
A Shocker on Shock Street is about two kids who go too a amusment park their dad created.

Erin is excited at first...but then the rides start getting a little too scary...a little to real...

The most important event is when their trolley gets stranded in the "Cave of Living Creeps."

I think this would be a good book for everyone who likes scary stories, or the Goosebumps series.
Jerome
Another chilling and suspenseful tale, although not really scary. The main characters are two kids with an obsessive interest in horror movies, and are thus touring a horror-movie-themed amusement park.

Vivid, even though the ending is nonsensical and the writing is not the best.
Drucilla
The idea is really cool, but I wish the rides and attractions hadn't been so realistic. I kept thinking that the things happening to the kids were impossible to do and so wasn't able to enjoy the book as much. It is a kids book, though. I guess you have to take a lot on faith.
Brendan Cruz
I think that the goosebumps series is great! I liked this book beacause i like rides and it is about 2 kids who go on a scary tour ride as they sit in thee tram and blast monsters as they come to you. I really liked this book and i will continue to read goosebumps!!!
Pujiyanto stiffy
Dulu aku berhenti saat kedua tokohnya samapai di bagian ditatap oleh tulang-belulang... itu mengerikan sekali.. Dan ketika reread lagi... Aku berhasil melewatinya sampai bagian ending buku yang juga sangat ngerjain banget.. Damn, You R.L Stine.
Matthew Ratte
I collected goosebumps when I was younger although this is the only one I read and I loved it.I don't remember much of the story but it felt wrong to give less than five stars for something I enjoyed so much as a child
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Decision (Animorphs, #18)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)