Start by marking “A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)” as Want to Read:
A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)

A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps #35)

3.58  ·  Rating Details ·  2,922 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
Erin and her brother Marty love Shock Street horror films until a tour of the Shocker studio theme park shows them that real life is a whole lot scarier than the movies.
Published December 13th 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Shocker on Shock Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shocker on Shock Street

Carmen
Mar 01, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I ignored all the sounds. I didn't want to think about whether they were being made by real monsters or fakes. I didn't want to think about the frightening creatures we had run into - or the close calls Marty and I had had.

I didn't want to think.

Excellent. We're back on track. This is a great Goosebumps novel.

Erin and Marty are best friends - 12 years old and so similar-looking they are often mistaken for twins. But they are similar in more than appearance! They both love horror movies, and alwa
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Νομίζω πως το βιβλίο αυτό παίζει με μια ιδέα που έχει περάσει από το μυαλό όλων μας όταν όντας παιδιά, παρακολουθήσαμε κάποια ταινία ακατάλληλου περιεχομένου (και όχι, δεν εννοώ πορνό, αλλά θρίλερ), κυρίως b-movies της δεκαετίας του '80 και του '90 που φρόντισαν να μετατρέψουν σε πραγματικότητα μερικούς από τους χεριότερους εφιάλτες μας (ή έστω, του εφιάλτες της νοικοκυράς). Γρήγορο, με νεύρο, έντονη δράση και αρκετό χιούμορ, το βιβλίο αυτό διασκεδάζεις να το διαβάζεις από την αρχή μέχρι και το ...more
Emma Louise
Feb 19, 2010 Emma Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
My favourite of the Goosebumps books. Scared me to death when I was 8.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL!!!
THAT ENDING!!!

Ohmygosh!!! I can't even.. Ahhh!!
Poonam
Jan 09, 2016 Poonam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, childrens
This is a thrilling read which kept me at edge. The ending is a shocker and I think reading this in middle of the night added to the fun.
Whitney
Jul 11, 2011 Whitney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, spooky
I always thought this one was super creepy. Maybe this is why I hate praying mantises to this day.
David Santos
I love books about haunted houses and things of that nature. While I love reading about them, I can't be in them. I'm about 3 scares away from a heart attack. Anyways, the book sounds dumb and the cover looks like a movie cover for Starship Troopers V, but it was actually pretty good. You have two kids who get to be the first kids to test out a horror ride or a tour ride of Shocker Studios. They get to see every scene from movies in the studio, but it comes to life! Now that would be fun.....and ...more
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 Patrick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Kevin Xu
Jan 13, 2011 Kevin Xu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great shocking ending!
4adrian
Oct 25, 2011 4adrian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Their is one girl and a boy who have a dad that has just made a scary theme park.They both love scary things. They love horror movies too. Their father has spent for ever working on this project and he is finally finished he right away invites them but wont tell them much about it in a strange way.

The two of them want to go on this ride and have a blast (before the ride starts). Then they love it and want to keep going while the sister is getting a bad felling about it (at the start of the rid
Paula McCartney
Me ha encantado poder volver a leer un libro de la colección de Pesadillas porque sin duda gracias a ellos me aficioné a la lectura cuando era pequeña.
Echaba mucho de menos la sensación de inquietud y emoción que provocan estos libros.

Este libro en especial, me ha maravillado.
La lectura se me ha hecho súper amena, no podía dejar de leer y lo he disfrutado muchísimo.
Me ha gustado la historia, los personajes y sobre todo el final, que me ha dejado boquiabierta.

Por ello, lo recomiendo mucho, no e
Badiss
May 25, 2009 Badiss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin and her best friend Marty are in love with horror movies. One day Erin and Marty visit the new Shocker Studio Theme park, where all their favorite horror moves get shot. When they get there, real live monster's start chasing them, and trying to kill them.

I recommend this book to everyone. I enjoyed reading this book. I was able to keep a strong image in my head of what was happening in the book.

If i were to rate this book out of ten, i would give it six and a half. I continue to enjoy R.L.
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: A Shocker on Shock Street
Series: Goosebumps #35
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

A decent installment within this series, but nothing amazing. Basically, Erin and Marty love the Shock Street horror films so when they get the chance to go to the studio they're filmed at, they're very excited. But when they meet some of the creatures, they come off a bit too real.

This isn't really one that stands out too much but it's still a good childr
Mike
Sep 19, 2015 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pues lo he disfrutado bastante. Obviamente son unos libros que hay que leer siendo consciente de lo que son, pero me ha gustado bastante. Además, me pasé todo el libro seguro de cuál iba a ser el final, y cuando llegó el momento resultó que el autor tenía preparado un giro de la trama que nunca se me habría ocurrido.
Hyun
Jul 14, 2016 Hyun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can see how young boys would like this book so I gave it three stars. The writing is very simplistic and it didn't really appeal to me. However, I'm a proponent of anything that gets children, especially young boys reading. I would not have chosen this book to read, but it was given as a gift to my son and he wanted me to read it with him.
Ted Sanders
Jul 24, 2013 Ted Sanders rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so bad that I had to read it twice to make sure. A Shocker on Shock Street remains my only 1-star book on GoodReads. Sorry R.L. Stine!

The ending was the worst part. Eight-year-old me had exacting standards, perhaps.
Ms.
May 15, 2009 Ms. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sami-c
I liked this book because it has some creepy parts like when they are in "The Cave of Creeps" white worms fall from the ceiling and crawl all over them, the way the book descried them creeped me out. Read this book if you enjoy weird and creepy books.
Rebecca McNutt
Kind of an interesting story, but a little predictable at times.
Maisey Clark
Sep 15, 2015 Maisey Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it.
Koval
Oct 14, 2016 Koval rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was okay and one thing I noticed was that the book and the episode were different.
Tracey
I love it when I'm totally taken by surprise by a Goosebumps book. I did not see that twist coming at the end. I was a little scared for the kids lol
Glenn
Oct 03, 2013 Glenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Read from October 10, 2013 - October 10, 2013
Ian
Dec 05, 2009 Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know that someday robots have feelings as well as we human have
Abhirami
Aug 31, 2012 Abhirami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I LIKE ALL GOOSEBUMPS AND THIS I AM NOT A BIT SCARED LIKE ALL OTHER SERIES
Texas State Poder
OSCAR MILAN

A Shocker on Shock Street is a good book has a lot of suspence. This book is about two kids named Erin and Marty.The two boys like to see all the movies of Shock Street.But when they finish seeing Shock Street VI .They go to Erin's Dad that is a engenier that builds robots that go in theme parks and makes theme parks.Then Erin's Dad he tells them that he has bad news but he pranks them.Then he tells them that he had bin working in a new theme park that is about Shock Street. They both
Skare Krow
May 17, 2017 Skare Krow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great ending.
Annabelle
May 18, 2017 Annabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i did NOT see that coming
Menglong Youk
Even over first half of the book, I thought this book was going to be an ordinary Goosebumps book, but boy, the plot twist took me by surprised. I would not have guessed that it ended this way.
Jay
Apr 29, 2013 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy
As more and more Goosebumps books are written, it's inevitable that some of the stories will have some similarities. There are only so many things you can write about. "A Shocker on Shock Street" is one of those times. Luckily, it is strikingly similar to what may be the best Goosebumps books of all time; "One Day at Horrorland." Both take place at a theme park where children are frightened by all too real attractions.

In Shock Street, two children are given a sneak peak at a new attraction. They
Hilary
This could quite possibly take the crown as the worst Goosebumps title of all time. Then again, The Legend of the Lost Legend exists, so it's a close race. Nevertheless, there will likely never be a time when I don't groan while reading the title A Shocker on Shock Street. Seriously. What was R.L. Stine thinking?

I was reluctant to read this one based on the title alone. That and I was still reeling from how terrible Why I'm Afraid of Bees still remains. Needless to say, as my rating shows, I
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)