Start by marking “Now You See Him (Bayou #4)” as Want to Read:
Now You See Him (Bayou #4)

Now You See Him (Bayou #4)

Two years ago Ellie Byron was the only witness to the brutal murder of a young woman. Charles Penn, a hard-eyed man with a history of violence, was convicted of the crime. Now he's escaped --- and another woman is dead.

Ellie fears she may be next and turns to the only person she trusts: attorney Joe Gable. Joe would give his life to protect Ellie, but neither of them knows
Published October 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Now You See Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now You See Him

Charity
Jun 03, 2012 Charity rated it it was amazing
Again one of the bayou books great read, I love Stalla's books because they are all interwined but you can read them seperately there is no order tht you HAVE to read them.
Veronica Lindsey
Dec 31, 2014 Veronica Lindsey rated it really liked it
Nice romance with murder and mystery mixed in. Sure is a lot going on in that small town!
Amy Farley
Sep 13, 2016 Amy Farley rated it did not like it
I honestly will read just about anything. It was a struggle to get through Now You See Him by Stella Cameron.

It. Was. That. Bad. Not even that it was not my genre, to my taste, just poorly written. Painfully so. Dialog, sucked, unrealistic, all characters seemed to speak in the same voice,.

So many characters....not even interested in keeping them straight at all. No/little character development. I have read no others in the series, which certainly had a large part in my dislike/confusion, but at
Donna
Jan 02, 2016 Donna rated it liked it
Ellie Byron runs a book nook in New Orleans. Two years ago she witnessed a murder and now the person convicted of the crime has escaped and another woman has been murdered in the same way. An attempted kidnapping and other assaults happen to Ellie so she and her friends understand that someone wants to do her harm. As her friends and Joe Gable, the man she loves, rally around her, Ellie must face the bad parts of her past in order to understand what's currently happening to her.
Several people in
Theresa
Jan 01, 2016 Theresa rated it did not like it
This is the first book I've read in a long time where I really truly didn't want to finish it, it was that bad. I wouldn't even rank this half a star if Amazon would let me; the writing was just absolutely atrocious, there were too many characters and plots to keep track of, the whole thing with Madge and Cyrus was just stupid and pointless, the ending was ridiculous and the characters were just stupid how they changed their minds every five seconds. It's truly a book you suffer through to get t ...more
Shannon
Aug 19, 2011 Shannon rated it did not like it
Too many inconsequential characters that, when mentioned at different points in the story, I couldn't remember who they were. The dialogue was simple and didn't always make sense in the context. There were several instances where the author didn't describe the scenes/events clearly enough and I had to reread sections to get a clearer picture. I think the author had good ideas but didn't have the ability to fully convey them.
Tasha
Jul 20, 2010 Tasha rated it liked it
Shelves: its-killin-time
My first Cameron. I picked it up because it was suggested to Tami Hoag fans. It was fabulous. Very fast, the suspense is top notch and she has a vast array of characters. I look forward to reading more of hers. Basic plot, murder, witness to murder becomes target when murderer escapes, love interest who keeps her safe, community that pulls together. Even those it's basic it's very well done and keeps you on the edge.
Sep 21, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: louisiana-bayou
A romantic suspense set in small town Louisiana, where bookstore owner Ellie Byron is being targeted by a murderer, a murderer who imitates the scenes from a series of books that Ellie sells in her very own store. Despite her mysterious past, which Ellie will speak little of, neighbor and friend, attorney Joe Gable, is determined to help Ellie survive and discover the truth behind the attempts on her life.
Gwennie
Jun 20, 2012 Gwennie rated it really liked it
great book
Kristen
Apr 15, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it
This is a nice action-packed thriller from Stella Cameron set in Louisiana. Compelling characters and lots of suspense.
Michele bookloverforever
very good. loved the small town setting and the cast of peripheral characters.
Tarah Traynor
Dec 30, 2015 Tarah Traynor rated it it was ok
I don't have much good to say about this book. found it very boring til the very end.. it got interesting for a moment, then it was done.
Amy
Apr 11, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
For the genre, not bad.
Glenda
Feb 02, 2017 Glenda added it
couldn't get into it
Rob
Apr 23, 2012 Rob rated it it was ok
What can I say? I can't believe I read the whole thing! I 'm in favor of sex, but I found the sex to be boring.
Jackie Simons
Read 2/05
Lissa Wells
Oct 25, 2012 Lissa Wells rated it did not like it
Shelves: finished
Started off good .. That's all I can say. The rest was horrible! Too many characters and confusing rants
Brett
Ayny
Ayny rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2011
Nada
Nada rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2008
Sahdri
Sahdri rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Dm Gittens
Dm Gittens rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Sandra Bird
Sandra Bird rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Pat Cromwell
Pat Cromwell rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2009
Katrina Walling
Katrina Walling rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2013
Kristal
Kristal rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Anna-marie
Anna-marie rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Tonya Gentry
Tonya Gentry rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2011
  • The Darkness (Henry Parker, #5)
  • The Hunted
  • The Healer
  • Dead of the Day (Annie Seymour Mystery, #3)
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • One Dark Night
  • Darker than Midnight (Mordecai Young #3)
  • Hitched and Hunted  (Cooper, #5)
  • And After That, the Dark
  • A Time To Die (The Protectors, #29)
  • Cold River (Black Falls, #2)
  • Fade To Black
  • Body Work
  • Stolen Memories: Test of Time/Thief of Hearts/Moontide
  • You Only Love Twice
  • GI Cowboy (Daddy Corps, #1)
  • Santa In A Stetson
  • Unveiled
Stella Cameron is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. With over fourteen million copies of her books in print, Cameron is now turning her pen to mysteries and independently publishing COLD, Introducing Alex Duggins. She draws on her English background for this new, already critically acclaimed mystery series. Atmospheric, deeply character and relationship driven, COLD reveals the po ...more
More about Stella Cameron...

Bayou (10 books)
  • French Quarter (Bayou, #1)
  • Cold Day In July (Bayou, #2)
  • Kiss Them Goodbye (Bayou #3)
  • A Grave Mistake (Bayou #5)
  • Body of Evidence (Bayou #6)
  • A Marked Man (Bayou #7)
  • Target (Bayou #8)
  • A Cold Day in Hell (Bayou #9)
  • Cypress Nights (Bayou #10)