Start by marking “Ghosts” as Want to Read:
Ghosts

Ghosts

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  1,008 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
Nantucket Island is a peaceful place to vacation in the summer...for those who are unaware of its tragic past. Each June, parishioners gather in the comfort of Reverend Osaro’s church to listen as locals relate their first-hand experiences with spirits in town.

Detective Tim Brooks, forced to question his belief in the supernatural, takes on the most vile of ghosts imagina
Published January 31st 2010 by Damnation Books (first published April 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts

mark monday
Feb 23, 2012 mark monday rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horrortime
hi! my name is Ghosts by Noel Hynd and i really, really want to be a movie! i am really cinematic! in fact, i am about an Academy award-winning actress! a diva! i'm also about the very scenic Nantucket Island! beautiful and atmospheric scenery - possibly to be had at a surprisingly low price for the producer on a budget! there are ghosts on this island... and lots of flashbacks - just take your pick! even better, a haunted house! my prologue is awesome, it really sets the mood plus it has sexed- ...more
Horace Derwent
May 21, 2016 Horace Derwent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
such an ass-kicking horror novel

i really hope lion's gate and blum house cud be the suckers

it makes me go banana, i mean this thought

father osaro always reminds me of father karras, i just don't know why

and why did the author turned to spy thrillers? what the hellllllll
Julie
Ghosts by Noel Hynd is a 2013 Red Cat tales publication.

This book was published originally back in 1993. This book is the kindle edition which was updated in 2013.

I read this book back when it was first published and it became an instant favorite of mine. I outgrew horror novels many years ago but I still enjoy a good old fashioned chiller. Every October I pull out a scary book to read for Halloween and this year's choice was Ghosts. I had the best of intentions to have this one read in time to
Erin
Jul 25, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dear Lord in Heaven, this was a slog. I kept looking at the "percentage read" and thinking that what the ghosts were actually doing was making sure this book lasted forever, because they really didn't seem to be doing much of interest in the story.

Annette Carlson is an Oscar-winning actress (who seems to attract little attention despite this). Tim Brooks is a local cop. There are murders. Strange things are happening in Annette's house. There's a local priest who tries to help. The priest has a
Peter
Apr 02, 2014 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the scariest ghosts stories that I have read in a long time. Reverend George Osaro is a ghosts hunter. He has a special gift for tracking down spirits. Timothy Brooks is a detective on the island of Nantucket. Annette Carlson, award winning actress buys the house on 17 Cort St. The house that Annette bought of course is haunted. This tale takes the three of them through hell and back, trying to remove the evil spirit that haunts this house. This story had a twist at the end that I ...more
Amanda
Mar 19, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another excpetional book!! If you're are into ghost stories, this one is great. This is another one that my husband totally loved!! He is reading it for a second time...I've read it three times!!
Noel Hynd
Dec 10, 2008 Noel Hynd rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mine. What more can I say? ;-)
Barbara Watkins
Oct 29, 2011 Barbara Watkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Ghosts” Author’s Revised Edition
Author: Noel Hynd
Publisher: Damnation Books, LLC
ISBN# 978-1-61572-064-4

A Tale of “Mysticism, Ghosts, Supernatural, Intrigue and Romance”

“Ghosts” by Noel Hynd is a chilling supernatural thriller, without a doubt! This is not your basic bump in the night – cold touch on the shoulder ghost story. I believe the best ghost stories are those written that make the reader think about the story long after the book has been placed away on the shelf – Hynd does just that wi
Bill
Jan 22, 2008 Bill rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I can't remember where I had gotten a recommendation for this one. It wasn't that great. The story line was pretty good, good enough to keep me interested in finishing it, but now that it's over I wish I hadn't bothered with it. This isn't a very well written book. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh.
What this book is is very formulatic. I get very annoyed when writers follow the oh-so-cliched rule of referring to characters in a multitude of names. For example: Timothy Brooks was on a healthy rotati
Tim
Jan 22, 2015 Tim rated it it was amazing
Wow! A great read. Certainly tempted to read the next in the series. The book ended with just the right amount of "dramatics". The first half of the book moved along at just the right pace, enough to keep your interest and the desire to learn more of where the book was headed. The second half picked up the pace and started tying up loose ends with answers to questions that still remained. This is the first time I have read this author. I understand he is or "was" originally known more for his wr ...more
April White
Feb 08, 2015 April White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading this book last week, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. I got Noel Hynd's name either from a horror anthology (I have been reading so many here lately) or it was recommended on the kindle. Either way I am very happy I stumbled upon his writing. I felt that this book was suspenseful and kept me on edge regularly which is something that isn't hard to do for me. I would highly recommend Ghosts for anyone who likes a good ghost story with a twist!
Cassidy Niemeyer
Apr 26, 2015 Cassidy Niemeyer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book gets really high reviews and I don't know why to be honest. I LOVE paranormal stories, it's just a fascinating subject. I wanted to like this book so bad, the reviews make it seem so good. Sadly and much to my disappointment, I was so bored and unattached that I couldn't waste anymore time on it. I even got the audio book to listen to while running, didn't help, wasn't any better. Just my opinion, but thank you audible for letting me return it.
Michael Jensen
I tried so hard to give this book a chance but when a plot moves at the pace of a glacier, its very hard to stay interested. I finally gave up nearly 2/3's of the way through it. I know the book was written in 1993 when sensibilities were a little different in terms of pacing, but they were not that different. If the book every truly became scary it must have happened in the last 1/3 after I'd passed out from boredom.
Brian
Oct 20, 2007 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Horror fans, ghost story fans
Shelves: favorites
Need something good to read this Halloween season? I'd recommend Ghosts as a great choice. Though slow to get started, this one eventually takes off, weaving a creepy ghost story that had me making sure that my apartment was free from otherworldly visitors every night I was reading it.
Rebecca McNutt
Ghosts wasn't bad, but I found it too generic and predictable. On the bright side, it also had good character development.
Rebecca Martin
I found this book on discounted offer a few days ago, looked at some reviews, and I went for it. My bad. I got through the first nine chapters and part way through Ch. 10 (I stopped just after "Heather was in her late twenties, a woman with slow-burning eyes and very fair skin") and then deleted it from my Kindle with the thought that my summer is just not long enough for me to force myself through this book. The characters are tritely-drawn and of conventional types (the loose cannon cop and th ...more
DAWANNA ADAMS
Apr 06, 2014 DAWANNA ADAMS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!!

I really can't believe that anyone who actually read this book front to back,not skipping a word would not be totally immersed in it.
I loved the characters alive and passed. The passion to fight good against evil. Not quite sure who would triumph.
My best advice is to get the book and judge for yourself, in the end that's all that really matters.
GREAT READ !! LOVED IT AND MAY READ IT AGAIN SOON!
Terry Salo
Jan 07, 2015 Terry Salo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read and hard to put down. It combines spooky paranormal experiences with suspenseful murder mysteries, and throughout the book there are chilling moments that will raise the hairs on the back of your neck! Well written and the characters are believable and like able. I hated to see the book end.
Michael Fincher
Apr 29, 2014 Michael Fincher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very chilling page-Turner.

This is a top notch mystery and great ghost story. I loved it all the way through to the end. It has many layers of intrigue skillfully woven through it. You may end up sleeping with your light on. Highly recommended.
Charity Pierce
Feb 12, 2015 Charity Pierce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to this book through audible and the narrator was fantastic. It's not the kind of horror novel you think about later (except that one time...2am folding laundry) and it inspires fear, but while listening, I was extremely jumpy. Heart stoppingly so! Horror fans should definitely read.
Annie
Mar 07, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After I started reading this book, I realized that I'd read it sometime in the past. I pushed on because I remember liking it so much. Glad I did! The twists and turns, the connections just below the surface egg me on to find out what happens next. Loved it!
Gerald Kubicki
Oct 30, 2014 Gerald Kubicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes place in New England on an island. What more can I say. This book is spooky and interesting. The characters are more normal than usual and the story is believable. Good read.
Kevin L
Feb 17, 2014 Kevin L rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Clunky and predictable. Trite writing and poorly updated for a 20th anniversary edition. Loaded with typos.
Jack
Feb 20, 2015 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book. I saw lots of bad reviews after I had read the book and I just can't see the justification but I realize that a book can not be a home run for all readers.
Gwen Peters
Slow and boring

The story began ok, but quickly took a turn for the worst. The writing was mediocre and the tale predictable. Struggled to finish the novel. Would not recommend.
Beth
Mar 20, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good spooky ghost story without gore and including a mystery
Ken
Sep 20, 2011 Ken rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not a bad read. It was probably more 3 1/2 stars than 3. It has a couple of tired horror motifs and predictable plot lines. But, in general was not a bad book at all.
Loreen ☕️
2 1/2 stars. Not as well developed as it should have been. As my creative writing teacher once said, "show, rather than tell." But this book was a a whole lot of telling.
Dennis Anthony
Feb 12, 2015 Dennis Anthony rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, solid ghost story with some enjoyable twists. Writing was good, not great. A satisfying read. 4 1/2 stars.
Gary Orr
Jun 07, 2017 Gary Orr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good ghost story
  • The Supernaturals: A Ghost Story
  • The Loveliest Dead
  • A Manhattan Ghost Story
  • Dark Echo
  • Property of a Lady (Nell West/Michael Flint, #1)
  • The Mourning House
  • The Pines (The Pines Trilogy, #1)
  • The Home
  • Chasm
  • The Ghost Next Door
  • Help! Wanted: Tales of On-The-Job Terror
  • Mirror
I've been a published novelist for longer than I care to admit, since 1976. I'm frequently asked, however, how I first got published. It's an interesting story and involved both Robert Ludlum and James Baldwin, even though neither of them knew it --- or me --- at the time.

My first agent, a wonderful thorughly perofessional gentleman named Robert Lantz was representing Mr. Baldwin at the time. Th
More about Noel Hynd...

“table,” 0 likes
“Yet part of her life seemed gone, a voice of love from the other end of a telephone was missing.” 0 likes