Start by marking “Never Tell” as Want to Read:
Never Tell

Never Tell

Haunted by memories of the car crash that had robbed her of her family, artist Erica Stewart has dedicated her life to her successful Houston boutique. But her life changes forever when Texas architect Hunter McCabe, the scion of a powerful, politically connected family, enters her life.
Published June 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Never Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Tell

Jennifer Wardrip
May 10, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, and wow! Everyone who knows me knows how much I love romantic suspense, and I'm always thrilled to add another author to my to-be-bought list. Karen Young has just earned a place towards the top with the heartwarming, heroic, suspenseful, and highly romantic tale of NEVER TELL.

For artist/designer Erica Stewart, opening a shop with her friend Jason Rowland was a dream come true. The exclusive boutique in the Galleria of Houston's high-end shops, Erica's creations of handmade jackets an
JoAnne
Apr 27, 2014 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Erica is a fabric artist who is just starting to get recognition for her work. A man named Hunter McCabe walks into her store to buy a gift for his mother. Erica's life has changed forever. She has been in a holding pattern since something terrible happened to her nine years ago. Hunter opened her heart. She starts remembering that horrible day. But someone does not want her to. Someone wants her dead...

I liked this book very much. I knew who did the terrible thing to Erica way before the author
Chelsea
Feb 13, 2014 Chelsea rated it did not like it
I couldn't even finish this book. I made it a few chapters in before the protagonist's accountant sexually assaults her- the romantic lead interrupts, and then laughs it off, saying he wasn't surprised- the protagonist is so damn sexy, after all. WTF. Unacceptable.
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Jun 30, 2009 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a fantastic romantic suspense
Recommended to Liberty by: Crystal Craig
This book was fantastic! I've never read Karen Young before but she is very talented and I will be checking her out again soon!
Although the storyline was very predictable, the way it was told kept me interested and wanting more. It tells the story of Erica, an artist who lost her husband and nine month old baby in a hit and run nine years ago. She meets Hunter and instantly they feel an attraction, but one she wants to fight as she doesn't have closure regarding the deaths. The more time she spe
Valerie
Feb 16, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Characters were good. How behaviors effect family dynamics addressed with a fantastic story line. A must read.
Marti
Apr 01, 2010 Marti rated it did not like it
One thing that I learned from this book is to check the spine to see if it says Romance. I found this book, despite some minor violence and an almost strangulation to be rather banal, treacly and not suspenseful at all. Hunter McCabe falls for Erica Stewart rather quickly and she hems and haws about whether she likes or loves him. Erica lost her husband and child to a hit and run accident, and all the clues club her on the head and she still doesn't understand that she now knows who did it. I sh ...more
Stacy
Nov 26, 2011 Stacy rated it it was ok
I got 2/3 of the way through this book, but couldn't take it anymore. I quit before I got to the end. I gave this book more than a chance and picked it up to try again on several occasions. The hero is some girl's fantasy of a man. The dialogue and actions for him were distracting. All I kept thinking was "men don't talk like this or act in this way." The sex scenes were confusing. At one point, I didn't even know they were having sex until it was over! The writing wasn't the best, but it wasn't ...more
C. Hudson
Jul 07, 2015 C. Hudson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

More for a young reader but held my interest! Good story and a bit of mystery! Liked that it wasn't a short story
Jessica
Feb 22, 2011 Jessica rated it did not like it
I really hate to say this about a book, but I disliked Never Tell. I thought it was poorly written and predictable. Poor editing distracts me and I was distracted throughout the entire 459 pages.
Darcy
Sep 30, 2010 Darcy rated it it was ok
This one was predictable from the first page as I knew what was going to happen from the start. The characters were only mildly interesting, but most were pretty one dimensional. As I write this I am wondering why I kept reading, but something kept me going.
Jaime
Jun 07, 2008 Jaime rated it really liked it
Since I chose this book randomly in a swap and had never heard of the author, I was pleasantly surprised! It’s a pretty standard romantic suspense story, but it was likable and entertaining. The ending wasn’t a surprise to me, but I enjoyed the journey.
Yali
Feb 06, 2012 Yali rated it really liked it
If you're in the mood for a romance with a little
mystery this is for you. A lovely read!
Pamela
Aug 10, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it

A heartwarming, heroic, suspenseful, and highly
romantic tale.
Sheelagh
a gripping thriller with a bit of romance too. I couldn't put it down
Merry
Dec 08, 2011 Merry rated it really liked it
Great book and it holds your interest.
Pascale Kleinhans
Pascale Kleinhans marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Judy Todd
Judy Todd rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Brittany Sevener
Brittany Sevener rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2016
Jamie
Jamie added it
Aug 21, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Donna
Donna added it
Jun 21, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
MArianne Candiloro
MArianne Candiloro rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Jaunita
Jaunita marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
  • Midnight Rain
  • Look Closely
  • Town House
  • We All Fall Down
  • Dark Angel (Maplecreek, #3)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Missing
  • The Other Woman
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • The Third Wife
  • In Their Shoes: Extraordinary Women Describe Their Amazing Careers
  • The 3-Day Cleanse: Drink Fresh Juice, Eat Real Food, and Get Back Into Your Skinny Jeans
  • Curious George Curious You: On Your Way!
Karen Young is the author of thirty-four novels with more than ten million copies in print. Her many awards include the RITA from Romance Writers of America and both the Career Achievement and Reviewer’s Choice awards from Romantic Times magazine. She is a frequent public speaker and a teacher of the craft of writing. Currently, she resides in Houston, Texas.
More about Karen Young...