Start by marking “His Border Bride” as Want to Read:
His Border Bride

His Border Bride

Gavin Fitzjohn is the bastard son of an English prince and a Scotswoman. A rebel without a country, he has darkness in his soul.
Clare Carr, daughter of a Scottish border lord, can recite the laws of chivalry, and knows Gavin has broken every one.
Clare is gripped by desire for this royal rogue--could he be the one to unleash everything she has tried so hard to hide? These
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about His Border Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Border Bride

Susan
Pretty good story. I especially liked the falconry stuff. The hero was torn at the beginning of the story about who to show his allegiance to - England or Scotland. But, because of the relationship with the heroine, he was able to come to terms with his decision.

The heroine was sort of dense at times, but I forgive her because she had a way with the falcons she had and tried to do what was best in situations, though her reasoning wasn't always sound.

All in all, an interesting read and I would r
Elle
Dec 09, 2014 Elle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medieval-romance
2.5 stars - Haddington, Scotland, 1356 / Adult Medieval Romance

If it weren't for the historical facts and the plot twist, I would flung this book to the wall and left it to be forgotten.

The heroine Clare is the stupidest, moronic, idiot person ever. She deserves all the curses imaginable solely for her childish behaviour and thoughts. Reading about her was such a burden, torture chore and I felt truly sorry for Gavin who's sometimes found himself in defeated whenever Clare's concerned.

Read on y
Stephanie Burkhart
Gifford crosses the border into Medieval Scotland with "His Border Bride." Gavin Fitzjohn has an English father and Scottish mother which divides his loyalties. Mistress Claire Carr is the daughter of a Scottish noble charged with holding a tower on the border. Can Gavin give Claire what she wants?

As the story opens, Gavin, the bastard son of an English prince, is given orders to burn a Scottish church by the king. He refuses to do it and leaves Edward's army heading north to Scotland.

Claire has
Elgyn
Oct 04, 2016 Elgyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Readitnweep
Gailie
Aug 01, 2014 Gailie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books-read, kobo
I wanted to like this book more than I did. I like the setting and the characters had a good foundation. The time period was very interesting and I liked how the hero and heroine were flawed and damaged. I thought the interaction between the hero and heroine was a little too combative. They had so much in common, I think they could have better bonded over losing their mothers. I also thought the the falconry symbolism went a little to far (it was interesting in the mews but not really the bedroo ...more
Melanie Rigney
Nov 08, 2013 Melanie Rigney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I'm a big Blythe Gifford fan, but I think this was my all-time favorite of her books. The relationships were complex and somewhat dark... just as some are in real life. I loved the way they both conquered their demons and faced their fears... as well as their genuine love and passion for each other.
Cathie
Jun 26, 2011 Cathie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging, fast-paced Scottish romance. I particularly liked the parallels of characters and falcons. Mixing real historical characters with fictional ones, Ms Gifford neatly weaves Scots-English conflicts into this story. Fab bed-time reading!
Aparna
Dec 02, 2011 Aparna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
total pain in the a$$ heroine!! or utterly dumb!
Medeiros
Oct 03, 2016 Medeiros rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A waste of time.
Dawn
May 02, 2010 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifford-blythe
An interesting tale from a historical perspective. Not much physical action, but alot of emotional turmoil. Worth a read.
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Randel
Randel rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Audrey
Audrey rated it liked it
May 31, 2013
Kath
Kath rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Kaushiki
Kaushiki rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Lis'Anne Harris
Lis'Anne Harris rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Inka
Inka rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Julie Anne jones
Julie Anne jones rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2017
Christie Mcconaghy
Christie Mcconaghy rated it liked it
May 05, 2014
Noni Fro (Janon)
Noni Fro (Janon) rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2011
Jana Oliver
Jana Oliver rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Michelle Harder
Michelle Harder rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2010
Trace
Trace rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2011
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
After many years in public relations, advertising, and marketing, Blythe Gifford started writing seriously after a corporate layoff. Ten years and one layoff later, she became an overnight success when she sold her Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist manuscript to Harlequin.
She has since written medieval romances featuring characters born on the wrong side of the royal blanket. Now,
More about Blythe Gifford...