Start by marking “His Border Bride” as Want to Read:
His Border Bride

His Border Bride

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Gavin Fitzjohn is the bastard son of an English prince and a Scotswoman. A rebel without a country, he has darkness in his soul.
Clare Carr, daughter of a Scottish border lord, can recite the laws of chivalry, and knows Gavin has broken every one.
Clare is gripped by desire for this royal rogue--could he be the one to unleash everything she has tried so hard to hide? These
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about His Border Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Border Bride

reie
2.5 stars - Haddington, Scotland, 1356 / Adult Medieval Romance

If it weren't for the historical facts and the plot twist, I would flung this book to the wall and left it to be forgotten.

The heroine Clare is the stupidest, moronic, idiot person ever. She deserves all the curses imaginable solely for her childish behaviour and thoughts. Reading about her was such a burden, torture chore and I felt truly sorry for Gavin who's sometimes found himself in defeated whenever Clare's concerned.

Read on y
Susan
Pretty good story. I especially liked the falconry stuff. The hero was torn at the beginning of the story about who to show his allegiance to - England or Scotland. But, because of the relationship with the heroine, he was able to come to terms with his decision.

The heroine was sort of dense at times, but I forgive her because she had a way with the falcons she had and tried to do what was best in situations, though her reasoning wasn't always sound.

All in all, an interesting read and I would r
Gailie
I wanted to like this book more than I did. I like the setting and the characters had a good foundation. The time period was very interesting and I liked how the hero and heroine were flawed and damaged. I thought the interaction between the hero and heroine was a little too combative. They had so much in common, I think they could have better bonded over losing their mothers. I also thought the the falconry symbolism went a little to far (it was interesting in the mews but not really the bedroo ...more
Stephanie Burkhart
Gifford crosses the border into Medieval Scotland with "His Border Bride." Gavin Fitzjohn has an English father and Scottish mother which divides his loyalties. Mistress Claire Carr is the daughter of a Scottish noble charged with holding a tower on the border. Can Gavin give Claire what she wants?

As the story opens, Gavin, the bastard son of an English prince, is given orders to burn a Scottish church by the king. He refuses to do it and leaves Edward's army heading north to Scotland.

Claire has
Readitnweep
Melanie Rigney
I'm a big Blythe Gifford fan, but I think this was my all-time favorite of her books. The relationships were complex and somewhat dark... just as some are in real life. I loved the way they both conquered their demons and faced their fears... as well as their genuine love and passion for each other.
Cathie
Engaging, fast-paced Scottish romance. I particularly liked the parallels of characters and falcons. Mixing real historical characters with fictional ones, Ms Gifford neatly weaves Scots-English conflicts into this story. Fab bed-time reading!
Dawn
An interesting tale from a historical perspective. Not much physical action, but alot of emotional turmoil. Worth a read.
Aparna
total pain in the a$$ heroine!! or utterly dumb!
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Cassidy Wallace
Cassidy Wallace marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Sara Wyles
Sara Wyles marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Regina
Regina added it
May 04, 2014
Arcadia Silverpaw
Arcadia Silverpaw marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Hms
Hms marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
After many years in public relations, advertising, and marketing, Blythe Gifford started writing seriously after a corporate layoff. Ten years and one layoff later, she became an overnight success when she sold her Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist manuscript to Harlequin.
She has since written medieval romances featuring characters born on the wrong side of the royal blanket. Now,
More about Blythe Gifford...
In the Master's Bed The Harlot's Daughter Captive of the Border Lord Return of the Border Warrior Taken by the Border Rebel (Brunson Clan Trilogy #3)