Start by marking “His Border Bride” as Want to Read:
His Border Bride

His Border Bride

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  9 reviews

Gavin Fitzjohn is the bastard son of an English prince and a Scotswoman. A rebel without a country, he has darkness in his soul.
Clare Carr, daughter of a Scottish border lord, can recite the laws of chivalry, and knows Gavin has broken every one.
Clare is gripped by desire for this royal rogue--could he be the one to unleash everything she has tried so hard to hide? These
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about His Border Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Border Bride

milo
2.5 stars - Haddington, Scotland, 1356 / Adult Medieval Romance

If it weren't for the historical facts and the plot twist, I would flung this book to the wall and left it to be forgotten.

The heroine Clare is the stupidest, moronic, idiot person ever. She deserves all the curses imaginable solely for her childish behaviour and thoughts. Reading about her was such a burden, torture chore and I felt truly sorry for Gavin who's sometimes found himself in defeated whenever Clare's concerned.

Read on y
Susan
Pretty good story. I especially liked the falconry stuff. The hero was torn at the beginning of the story about who to show his allegiance to - England or Scotland. But, because of the relationship with the heroine, he was able to come to terms with his decision.

The heroine was sort of dense at times, but I forgive her because she had a way with the falcons she had and tried to do what was best in situations, though her reasoning wasn't always sound.

All in all, an interesting read and I would r
Gailie
I wanted to like this book more than I did. I like the setting and the characters had a good foundation. The time period was very interesting and I liked how the hero and heroine were flawed and damaged. I thought the interaction between the hero and heroine was a little too combative. They had so much in common, I think they could have better bonded over losing their mothers. I also thought the the falconry symbolism went a little to far (it was interesting in the mews but not really the bedroo ...more
Stephanie Burkhart
Gifford crosses the border into Medieval Scotland with "His Border Bride." Gavin Fitzjohn has an English father and Scottish mother which divides his loyalties. Mistress Claire Carr is the daughter of a Scottish noble charged with holding a tower on the border. Can Gavin give Claire what she wants?

As the story opens, Gavin, the bastard son of an English prince, is given orders to burn a Scottish church by the king. He refuses to do it and leaves Edward's army heading north to Scotland.

Claire has
Readitnweep
Melanie Rigney
I'm a big Blythe Gifford fan, but I think this was my all-time favorite of her books. The relationships were complex and somewhat dark... just as some are in real life. I loved the way they both conquered their demons and faced their fears... as well as their genuine love and passion for each other.
Cathie
Engaging, fast-paced Scottish romance. I particularly liked the parallels of characters and falcons. Mixing real historical characters with fictional ones, Ms Gifford neatly weaves Scots-English conflicts into this story. Fab bed-time reading!
Dawn
An interesting tale from a historical perspective. Not much physical action, but alot of emotional turmoil. Worth a read.
Aparna
total pain in the a$$ heroine!! or utterly dumb!
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Kezia
Kezia marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Sharil
Sharil marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Jacqueline Chubbs
Jacqueline Chubbs marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Khaula
Khaula marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Heather Heal
Heather Heal marked it as to-read
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Liz Bohrer
Liz Bohrer marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Josephine
Josephine marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
After many years in public relations, advertising, and marketing, Blythe Gifford started writing seriously after a corporate layoff. Ten years and one layoff later, she became an overnight success when she sold her Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist manuscript to Harlequin.
She has since written medieval romances featuring characters born on the wrong side of the royal blanket. Now,
More about Blythe Gifford...
In the Master's Bed The Harlot's Daughter Return of the Border Warrior Captive of the Border Lord Taken by the Border Rebel (Brunson Clan Trilogy #3)