Start by marking “Rub-a-Dub Sub” as Want to Read:
Rub-a-Dub Sub

Rub-a-Dub Sub

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  15 reviews
What underwater wonders can you see when you're in a bright orange submarine? Stealthy manta rays, silky seals, blimpy blowfish--and all sorts of other amazing ocean animals. So pull on your favorite swimsuit and dive into this rhyming young fantasy. Just watch out for the shark!
Published May 1st 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Rub-a-Dub Sub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rub-a-Dub Sub

Maggie KutsBorg
Fantastic vocabulary builder - there are 30 toddlers in Morton Grove who now know what a wrasse is! This is also a bouncy rhyme with a lot of action moments and cute pictures, plus I love the ending, and asking everyone if they like to play pretend when they're in the bathtub.
Meghan Hunt
Pam
I love the illustrations in this book and the plot is charming, though strikingly familiar to (read: the same as) that of _Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea_. This is actually a plus if you read them both to kids because it allows them the opportunity to do a compare/contrast of their own.
Jen
My boys and I both really liked this underwater adventure! It was great to see all the various animals mentioned that the boy in the sub saw while he was traveling around in the sea. The pictures were fabulous!
Melissa
Love the use of alliteration and rhyme. Nice opportunity to introduce children to sea animals they haven't heard of like the wrasse and the dab. Also has plenty of animals they are familiar with.
JaNeal
Darling book. Very few words, nice form, cute illustrations, and a great ending. The simple rhyme scheme makes this a good readiness book for reading.
Kristeen
The girls love this rhyming tale of a trip to the depths of the ocean. Needless to say we have acquired a few new bath toys as a result. Nicely illustrated.
As far at the "creatures in the ocean" children's books go...this is a good one. I liked the illustration and the rhyming.
Kelly
Bath tub picture book. Nice illustrations with several sea animals that are new to the usual undersea bath time adventure.
Cymiki
Great book for TeleTale. Short, rhyming and narrative carries without the pictures.
Katt
The pictures are vibrant and colorful. The story is perfect for the young readers.
Nicole
Cute kids book. Really fun illustrations. Lots of rhyming. My son liked it.
April
My boys love this book. Great illustrations and cute ending.
Erin Banet
Great read aloud! I love the alliteration and rhyme!
Tina
Tina added it
Oct 14, 2014
M
M added it
Sep 23, 2014
Pamela Cliff brown
Pamela Cliff brown marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Amani
Amani marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Jm
Jm added it
Jul 05, 2014
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Linda Ashman's children's books have been named to the "best of the year" lists of the New York Times, Parenting Magazine, Child Magazine, New York Public Library, the Bank Street College of Education, the IRA/CBC and more. She is also the author of The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Writing Picture Books .

Linda lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina with her husband, Jack Hicks, their son Jackson, and t
More about Linda Ashman...
Rain! Starry Safari No Dogs Allowed! Samantha on a Roll M IS FOR MISCHIEF: An A to Z of Naughty Children