Start by marking “Rub-a-Dub Sub” as Want to Read:
Rub-a-Dub Sub

Rub-a-Dub Sub

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
What underwater wonders can you see when you're in a bright orange submarine? Stealthy manta rays, silky seals, blimpy blowfish--and all sorts of other amazing ocean animals. So pull on your favorite swimsuit and dive into this rhyming young fantasy. Just watch out for the shark!
Published May 1st 2003 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Rub-a-Dub Sub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rub-a-Dub Sub

Sylvester
Nov 18, 2015 Sylvester rated it it was amazing
5* art
5* rhyme/story

Oh Squirt loves this - and the fact that it turns out to all be happening in a bathtub is what seems to impress him the most.
Maggie KutsBorg
Fantastic vocabulary builder - there are 30 toddlers in Morton Grove who now know what a wrasse is! This is also a bouncy rhyme with a lot of action moments and cute pictures, plus I love the ending, and asking everyone if they like to play pretend when they're in the bathtub.
Danielle
Oct 07, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
A boy uses his imagination to explore his bathtub as if he in an ocean!

Great to use for predicting, you don't know he is in a bathtub until the last page.

Robin
Apr 13, 2015 Robin rated it liked it
Fun rhyming text and great pics. I think your kids will get a few giggles out of this cute book.
LeeAnn
Oct 01, 2015 LeeAnn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
One of my all-time favorites for Ocean-themed story time. Wish it were still in print.
Alice
Apr 10, 2015 Alice rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This one just made me smile! A cute story, fun vibrant pictures...just a good time!
Meghan Hunt
Jan 25, 2013 Meghan Hunt rated it liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
Pam
Apr 01, 2008 Pam rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-ya
I love the illustrations in this book and the plot is charming, though strikingly familiar to (read: the same as) that of _Way Down Deep in the Deep Blue Sea_. This is actually a plus if you read them both to kids because it allows them the opportunity to do a compare/contrast of their own.
Jen
Aug 22, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
My boys and I both really liked this underwater adventure! It was great to see all the various animals mentioned that the boy in the sub saw while he was traveling around in the sea. The pictures were fabulous!
Melissa
Jan 10, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Love the use of alliteration and rhyme. Nice opportunity to introduce children to sea animals they haven't heard of like the wrasse and the dab. Also has plenty of animals they are familiar with.
JaNeal
Mar 15, 2012 JaNeal rated it really liked it
Darling book. Very few words, nice form, cute illustrations, and a great ending. The simple rhyme scheme makes this a good readiness book for reading.
Kristeen
Feb 16, 2010 Kristeen rated it it was amazing
The girls love this rhyming tale of a trip to the depths of the ocean. Needless to say we have acquired a few new bath toys as a result. Nicely illustrated.
Jan 02, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: children, candy
As far at the "creatures in the ocean" children's books go...this is a good one. I liked the illustration and the rhyming.
Kelly
Apr 09, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bath tub picture book. Nice illustrations with several sea animals that are new to the usual undersea bath time adventure.
Cymiki
Apr 15, 2009 Cymiki rated it really liked it
Great book for TeleTale. Short, rhyming and narrative carries without the pictures.
Katt
Apr 02, 2009 Katt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j-s-favorites
The pictures are vibrant and colorful. The story is perfect for the young readers.
Nicole
Oct 07, 2010 Nicole rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Cute kids book. Really fun illustrations. Lots of rhyming. My son liked it.
April
Sep 10, 2009 April rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My boys love this book. Great illustrations and cute ending.
Erin Banet
Apr 18, 2012 Erin Banet rated it it was amazing
Great read aloud! I love the alliteration and rhyme!
Amy
Aug 18, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
c
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Richelle Rininger
Richelle Rininger rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Faith
Faith added it
May 07, 2016
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Jennifer Miller
Jennifer Miller marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Linda Ashman's children's books have been named to the "best of the year" lists of the New York Times, Parenting Magazine, Child Magazine, New York Public Library, the Bank Street College of Education, the IRA/CBC and more. She is also the author of The Nuts and Bolts Guide to Writing Picture Books .

Linda lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina with her husband, Jack Hicks, their son Jackson, and
More about Linda Ashman...