Start by marking “Bermuda Schwartz” as Want to Read:
Bermuda Schwartz

Bermuda Schwartz (Zack Chasteen #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  239 ratings  ·  27 reviews
From the Edgar-nominated, bestselling series that gets better with each book, and an author who constantly surprises, comes Bermuda Schwartz--a tale of hidden treasure, murder, romance, and rum.
A young scuba guide, scouting new dive sites in the shipwreck-laden reefs that rim Bermuda, makes a fatal discovery--a treasure more valuable than gold or jewels. And some people ar
Published February 6th 2007 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Bermuda Schwartz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bermuda Schwartz

V. Luke
I couldnt put it down. This is one of those types of books you can escape with. Great as winter rolls in. Exciting. I guessed who did it after one character was decidedly NOt the bad guy..though one can never be positive in a mystery. I loved that it wasnt gorey and mean. "I dont like guns" says the main squeeze. YAY! the end was a bit anticlimactic but it was still fun and funny and I like Chasteen a LOT! Hes got balls. Its kinda out there but it's fiction, so why not? Theres enough negativity ...more
This struck me as hilarious while reading: [from page 131] "I was just thinking that maybe the Taino religion is the most honest of them all. It admits that it's based on someone being out of their gourd." Boggy looks at me. "I do not understand this," he says. "Please explain."

Obviously I do not agree with this 'quote', but it is still funny nonetheless.

This was an interesting book, much moreso than I thought it would be. It was recommended to me by co-w
Teena in Toronto
This is the third in the Zack Chasteen series.

I enjoyed the first two (though I'd read them out of order). This one was okay, not as good as the first two.

I found that it got bogged down with too many details of the history of the sunken treasure. And there seemed to be so many characters to keep track of (no doubt to throw the reader off).

I wasn't enthused about the one who dunnit ... and less excited about the quick wrap up at the end. It wasn't necessary.
another excellent read in the Zach Chasteen series. Though reminiscent of Hiaasen and Barry and to a lesser extent Elmore Leonard, Morris really has his own style. The common threads are great writing and taking full advantage of the wealth of humorous material available in South Florida and the Caribbean.
#3 in the Zack Chasteen series. Zack Chasteen is an ex-Miami Dolphin safety released from prison after being wrongfully convicted of counterfeiting.

Zack Chasteen and girlfriend Barbara travel to Bermuda for her aunt's 70th birthday bash. He and Boggy are to plant 8 palm trees for the occasion. Zach finds that $2MM he had deposited in a Bermuda bank is missing. He also discovers a body in the surf and gets involved with the dead man's sister in finding the connection with two similar deaths a few
PROTAGONIST: Zack Chasteen
SETTING: Bermuda
SERIES: #3 of 3
RATING: 2.75

Zach Chasteen is an ex-NFL player who now raises palm trees in Florida. He and his significant other, Barbara Pickering, are off to Bermuda to celebrate her Aunt Trula's seventieth birthday. Accompanying them is Boggy, Zack's associate, who will be overseeing the planting of eight Madagascar palms on Aunt Trula's property in time for the festivities. Before anyone can celebrate, however, Zack and Boggy find the body of a young
Sam Sirochman
Bermuda Schwartz was an entertaining book, not the most intelligent read ever, however it was witty and sarcastic book. The characters are loveable and can be related to (not the situations). The story line begins with retired NFL linebacker Zach Chasteen, his British girlfriend Barbara Pickering, and his offbeat, co-worker Boggy, they are traveling to Bermuda to deliver majestic, 80ft palm trees for Barbara’s Aunt Trula.
Upon arrival Zach discovers a dead man, then later discovers his two mill
George Hamblen
Okay read. Enjoyed the Bermuda passages. Light on character development. Anyone who know's Bermuda would get the insiders reference to the character Trimingham.
Morris hits his stride with his third Zach Chasteen mystery. Despite the "punny" title, Morris crafts a great read. Morris turns up the menace and humor on Chasteen and continues to flesh out supporting characters Boggy and Barbara while delivering a great hook at the end. The plot reads a blended version of Robert Crais, Clive Cussler, Steve Berry and Dan Brown but with a wit and style all its own. Do yourself a favor and pick this up. The preview of "Dead Ahead" at the end, looks like Morris i ...more
Cute book. Read because a friend told me that it was an easy read. And it is. It involves Bermuda, scuba diving, and holy relics. I like those things. The book's not bad, even though I say the ending coming from a mile a away. Didn't ruin the pleasure of reading the book. Apparently this is in a series of books with the characters in this book. I did not feel that I was missing out on anything by not having read the others.
Fred Forbes
Anything by Bob Morris is an easy flowing read and this was no exception. Set in Bermuda as the title implies and featuring grisly murders, sunken treasure and scuba adventures as Zack Chasteen, retired Miami Dolphins player and his girl friend and sidekick arrive to plant some palms. A bit predictable and with a number of stereotypical characters, it moves along and is a pleasant bit of "mind candy".
Nancy H
The books in this series just keep getting better, and I thought the first book was very good! In this, the third entry, the plot takes Zack Chasteen, along with his beautiful girlfriend Barbara, to Bermuda to participate in a birthday celebration for her aunt. Of course, long before the celebration can take place, there are murders to be solved and bad guys to be outwitted. Great fun and a great series!
The third Zack Chasteen novel is another great entry. The pace is fast and the mystery is, as usual, engaging. This time the action is, as the title implies, in Bermuda. Morris writes with great description, snappy dialog without at any time compromising the suspense. His plotting and short chapters make the pages fly. I have the next two entries waiting in line.
Zack is in Bermuda to help supervise the planting of his palm trees. There is scuba diving and treasure. Of course someone dies
Zack is funny and his friendship with his Taino partner makes the tale interesting as well as educational. Also a good armchair trip to Bermuda.
Andrew Carlson
this next in the series is a good read, same as the previous books. the story was captivating, but didn't offer many new twists. to say it's same-ol'-same-ol' is a little harsh. it is still worthy of four stars. if you liked the first Zach book, you'll like this one.
This was the third book in the series and I have to say the least entertaining of the three. It was still very good but it does not compare with Jamaica Me Dead. Still it was a fun read and way better than City of Ashes which I read before this.
Jamie Clarke
Good beach book, a very fast read. I liked the characters but need to go back to the first books in the series to get some of the references.
A bit more of the macho-badass than Zack had been in the previous books, but somehow everything came together a little better in this one.
Decent murder mystery with a tropical location. Not all that well written, fast-paced, no in-depth characterization.
Another fine installment. This time Bermuda and some Christian mythology thrown in. Right up my alley.
A fun little mystery set in Bermuda with a shipwreck/treasure hunt theme...
Tim Dunn
Great book, fast paced, quick read....Bob Morris at his far.
Bad title. I mean awful. But so far, I like the writing and story.
Ok. Just looking for an easy read. Will probably finish the series
An entertaining read with an interesting plot.
Mike marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Night at the Operation (Double Feature Mystery #3)
  • On the Wrong Track
  • The Silent Partner (Diagnosis Murder, #1)
  • Too Rich and Too Dead (Murder Packs a Suitcase, #2)
  • Blood Quantum (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #14)
  • Head Games
  • What's So Funny? (Dortmunder, #14)
  • Headhunter (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, # 11)
  • The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1)
  • Blood Relations (Torie O'Shea, #6)
  • The Goliath Bone
  • Nevada Rose (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #10)
  • Snake Eyes (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #8)
  • The Red Velvet Turnshoe (An Abbess of Meaux Mystery, #2)
  • The Heat Islands (Doc Ford, #2)
  • Effigies (Faye Longchamp, #3)
  • The Tavernier Stones
  • The Celtic Riddle (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #4)
Robert Morris is an American novelist who writes Caribbean themed mysteries. He is previously known as a columnist for several newspapers and magazines.

* Zack Chasteen