Samuel's Baby

Samuel's Baby

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Samuel will bea big brother soon, and on Monday during show-and-tell he announces that he is having a baby. Before long, his kidergarten classmates join in the fun and by Friday, each of them is "expecting" to add a new member to the classroom family--from triplets to a beagle to a stegosaurus and even a dump truck!

But Samuel's excitment dampens as he worries about sharing...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Tricycle Press

Treasure
In this picture book, Samuel announces during Show and Tell that he is going to have a baby. Soon, everyone in kindergarten is having a baby, though some are having triplets, a stegosaurus, or a beagle! The children practice rocking, changing, feeding, and caring for their babies, while their flabbergasted teacher Mr. Donald looks on. Samuel and his dad bring his baby sister to school at the end of the book, and all the children rock their babies to sleep together.
The book is cute, but Mr. Donal...more
Rachel
This is cute story about a boy whose mother is having a baby. He tells his kindergarten class and they all get involved with "having their own baby". It is a fun story for anyone who's parents are expecting a child or who knows someone who is. In my opinion, it isn't a super interesting story for someone who is not in that situation.
Nance
A cute book with a wonderful kindergarten classroom. The community that is formed and the friendship is strong. The pictures are colorful and exciting. The text is a little wordy.
Valerie
Possible storytime read, but most I won't use it in that setting. Great book for soon-to-be older brothers and sisters.
Mary
Samuel tells his kindergarten that he is going to be a big brother, but as time draws near his excitement wanes.
Abby
May 28, 2011 Abby added it
Shelves: picture-books
Boys and girls in the Kindergarten class are pretending to expect and care for babies (dinosaur, goldfish and human)
Candida
This was a nice book but I found it a little odd that the teacher didn't correct any of their misconceptions!
Heather
Hilarious. This guy has kindergartners spot-on! I love all of the "babies" the kids claim to be having.
dee
Very cute. Wonderful book for new brother or sister.
Danica Midlil
I love wonderful male teachers of preschool classrooms!
Betsey
My 6-year old thought this was really funny. So did I.
Megan
Samuel is having a baby & so are his classmates.
Ginny
I want a dinosaur baby!
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Jordan
Jordan added it
Jul 22, 2013
Kari
Kari added it
Oct 17, 2011
Wooden Horse
Wooden Horse marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011