Start by marking “Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice” as Want to Read:
Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

Zealous Love: A Practical Guide to Social Justice

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Zealous Love is a response to some of the world's urgent needs in light of Christ's great love. Through first-hand accounts and up-to-date facts about eight global issues, Zealous Love uniquely provides readers with the information, inspiration, and involvement they crave to personally make a difference in their world. Foreword by Eugene Peterson.
Published January 5th 2010 by Zondervan (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zealous Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zealous Love

A great introductory read to 8 key issues of injustice in our world today: human trafficking, unclean water, refugees, hunger, lack of education, creation degradation, HIV/AIDS, and economic inequality. Each issue is clearly explained & examined, then is followed by 5 - 6 personal stories from people fighting these injustices. It's educational & inspiring. It's a book you can't walk away from and do nothing. One of these areas will wreck you to the point of action, and hopefully, life is ...more
A great overview on various ways to get involved in social justice issues. The personal stories make this book unique and I love that it directs you to resources at the end of each chapter if you want to learn more on your own. It also encourages critical thinking on each issue with the discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
This book includes a lot of little articles about specific ways people are helping others. I didn't take the time to read it, but recognize that it could be a good resource for someone brainstorming how to make the world a better place, looking for practical organizations to get involved with.
I really liked the information and colorful pictures in this book, in addition to the personal stories. One thing that puzzled me was that I felt like the author was saying that if someone doesn't recycle or protect the earth to their best ability, they are not loving God.
A great overview of many different ministry opportunities in the highest-need areas. A fantastic resource for those interested in getting involved in social justice ministry.
Jun 03, 2010 Carol marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I ghost wrote a chapter in this book and actually forgot about it until I saw it in Chelsea's feed. I guess I should probably read it, right? I'll give it five stars.
A good start to anyone who wants real life ways to get involved with social justice issues.
Crissy Yarborough
Great book. Very informative!
This book is about how social justice and the Christian faith intersect. I find it inspiring to read the case studies about all the issues I care about - unclean water, hunger, care of the environment, human trafficking - and what people are doing to help. Each chapter gives resources to "get in the action" and live out our faith. Not done with the whole book yet but love it so far.
Kalyn P
Kalyn P marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Natalie Kale
Natalie Kale marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Helen marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Qube H
Qube H marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Mikala Hursh
Mikala Hursh marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Barbara May
Barbara May marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Elisa Rudolph
Elisa Rudolph marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Alison Bjorklund
Alison Bjorklund marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The New Friars: The Emerging Movement Serving the World's Poor
  • Follow Me to Freedom: Leading and Following As an Ordinary Radical
  • Wide Open Spaces: Beyond Paint-By-Number Christianity
  • Just Courage: God's Great Expedition for the Restless Christian
  • One Life: Jesus Calls, We Follow
  • The Naked Gospel: The Truth You May Never Hear in Church
  • Eating for IBS: 175 Delicious, Nutritious, Low-Fat, Low-Residue Recipes to Stabilize the Touchiest Tummy
  • Justice in the Burbs: Being the Hands of Jesus Wherever You Live
  • Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers: Prayer for Ordinary Radicals
  • Intimate Moments with the Savior: Learning to Love (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • The Missional Mom: Living with Purpose at Home & in the World
  • Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than Yourself
  • Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger: Moving from Affluence to Generosity
  • The New Rules of Posture: How to Sit, Stand, and Move in the Modern World
  • The Lonely Patient: How We Experience Illness
  • The Quotable Book Lover
  • Extreme Devotion
  • One Continuous Mistake: Four Noble Truths for Writers
Under the Overpass: A Journey of Faith on the Streets of America My 30 Days Under the Overpass: Not Your Ordinary Devotional A Straightforward Guide to Three Essential Spiritual Practices