Start by marking “Snowbound with the Bodyguard” as Want to Read:
Snowbound with the Bodyguard

Snowbound with the Bodyguard (Wild West Bodyguards #6)

She'd been stranded by a snowstorm with nowhere to turn. But when all seemed lost, mom-on-the-run Janette Black saw the sign for Wild West Protective Services--and found Dalton West.

The loner of the West clan had no time for love and family. But protecting was in Dalton's blood--and he knew when a woman carried secrets. He would take Janette and her baby into his home to w
Published November 1st 2008 by Harlequin Presents (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound with the Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound with the Bodyguard

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Finally. FINALLY.

It's been awhile.

Why do I keep reading these little single parent romance novels? This book is the reason.

I loved this.

Usually I would have been doing literal facepalms at how stupid the characters or their actions were. That wasn't the case with this book. I outright understood Dalton's and Janette's actions or at least I could understand them based on their pasts or the present circumstances.

For all of Janette's pointing out how uneducated she is (there is a reason, but I wi
Beate
Apr 28, 2012 Beate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
Very predicable little tale. Where the characters were going and how they got there was pretty much par for the genre. I knew "something" was bound to happen to the heroine, and there were three standard things I was counting on happening. In that aspect the book did not disappoint...

I liked that the kid had a central role in the story, but I did not like how the heroine's rape was mentioned in every other breath. A raped woman would not be talking all the time about it happening to her. Especia
Adriana
Oct 18, 2015 Adriana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This turned out to be a fast and somewhat mediocre read. Despite the fact that the writing is pretty strong, the plot development is predictable and I felt like I’d already read everything that happened.
I usually avoid romance novels that have babies/children as part of the plot but the baby in this story is there as a mere plot device, it would have read almost the same without him in it.
It kept me entertained for the hour and a half it took me to read it, but it’s not something I would recomme
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Snowbound With the Bodyguard by Carla Cassidy
B, blaze, no kink, contemp

Janette was raped by the town sheriff and had little Sammy as a result. The sheriff hasn't paid any attention to her since the attack, until he hears she had a little boy. Now he wants his son. Janette takes Sammy and runs, but gets stuck in a small town in the middle of a huge snowstorm. With no place left to turn, she heads to the only place with a light on-West Protection Agency. Dalton West has been protecting his heart b
Sherry
Aug 06, 2008 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance/suspense
Another good story to add to Carla Cassidy’s “Wild West Bodyguards” series. One interesting aspect to this story was Janette’s focus on her goal of improving her education, thereby, improving her son’s future, that concept stayed throughout the storyline and that’s a concept I believe in and relate to.
Susan
Good book. Janette is a waitress at a small café in a small town. She hasn't had an easy life, abandoned by her mother and raised by her grandmother. She quit school to take care of her grandmother when she became ill, but was determined to get her GED. At the beginning of the book, Janette is working her job at the café when the local sheriff comes in. He shows an inordinate amount of interest in the fact that she has a five month old son, terrifying Janette with his questions. There's definite ...more
Crystal
May 17, 2016 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm used to the modern romantic suspense where the H actually does his job, whatever that is. Oh wait; I guess the H did do his job - he got up, went into the office, kept his chair warm, then after a suitable number of hours (like 20 seemingly), went back home or wherever. Lather, rinse, repeat. Too bad he's supposed to be running a protection agency (fancy word for bodyguard.). Business must be slow, as in non-existent, as in how does he pay his rent? OR is he the family tax write-off?

The h...
Teri
Nov 24, 2014 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story came as a bonus book along with Linda Lael Miller’s Glory, Glory. I didn’t make the purchase for this story, but I was pleasantly surprised when I did read it after Glory, Glory. I’ve never read Carla Cassidy’s work before, but it was enjoyable—with just the right amount of romance and twists—and kept me reading all the way through. I just couldn’t put it down—I had to make sure that Janette and Sammy were safe! I’d highly recommend it!
Tiss
Apr 22, 2014 Tiss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new to my author and an exciting book.
Carla Cassidy's book "Snowbound with the Bodyguard was included in a Linda Lael Miller book that I read. I was skeptical at first, but it was a book that was so hard to put down. Suspense. Lots of it. This was a very well written book. I enjoyed it. Something different to change things up a bit from what I've been reading. It does have a HEA with was also nice.
Good book.
Tonya Warner
Janette Black finds herself on the run with her infant son. Finding herself trapped by a winter storm, unable to escape the man threatening her, she turns to Dalton West for protection.

Dalton West works to protect Janette and her son, and also protect himself from falling again for a woman he is guarding.

A nice story.
Patricia
May 12, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New author...loved the book and the perspective on the traumatizing event that happened to the lead character.
MelissaB
I thought the writing was pretty amaturish and the pace was slow considering the plot. I found myself skimming as I read because the characters never really pulled me in.
Linda
Nov 03, 2013 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Carla Cassidy and I enjoyed it. It wasn't long enough to truly tell the whole story. I did enjoy this book but wished there was room to expand on the story.
Macwolf01 [Elise]
Another quick & easy read, this one was for the World Cup of Romance Reading challenge ... Stranded category.

I give this book 3 1/2 stars,
Krystal Kasuboski
Krystal Kasuboski rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2011
Iris Hehe
Iris Hehe rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2008
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2010
Chastity
Chastity rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Geri
Geri rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Tera Shanley
Tera Shanley rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Nora
Nora rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Mirya
Mirya rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Jodi
Jodi rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2014
Alisorra Arnett
Alisorra Arnett rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
Jade Quin
Jade Quin rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Wild West Bodyguards (8 books)
  • Protecting the Princess