Start by marking “Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)

Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series #4)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  650 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Ex-marine turned security specialist Joel Wilde thrives on the high-wire thrills that come with his job. And he isn't about to give all that up to settle down-not even with a sexy woman like Lora Marshall. Which means that while he's protecting her from a violent gang, he'll need to set a few ground rules to keep things professional. Good thing he's always been a rule-brea ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 368 pages
Published September 4th 2007 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Born to Be Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born to Be Wilde

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleyThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnSeducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellHer Best Friend's Brother by T.J. Dell
Brother's Best Friend
91st out of 148 books — 645 voters
The Look of Love by Bella AndreFrom This Moment On by Bella AndreI Only Have Eyes for You by Bella AndreCan't Help Falling In Love by Bella AndreIf You Were Mine by Bella Andre
Romance Series about Families
404th out of 434 books — 195 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Alcazar
AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe this book! TWO love stories in one and they were BOTH awesome. I am looking forward to more from this series!
Gloriamarie
I was so extraordinarily disappointed in the author. I have read many a book by Janelle Denison and she has always been literate. I could not believe the number of typos, spelling errors, incorrect homonyms etc. Looks to me like an unedited first draft was shoved into print. I don't think the author ev en proof read her own story. In one paragraph his button fly jeans are being unbuttoned and 2 paragraphs later he is zipping up his jeans.

My father was a compulsive gambler and some parts of this
Pam
I think this is my favorite of all of the series thus far. I adore Joel and his messed up emotional state. Lora is just what he needs too! I also loved the side story of Daniel and Sydney.

My only complaint with this series is that the author tends to confuse her characters. It's as simple as calling one character by another character's name. It happens in at least 2 of the books. And it should have been something that was caught in editing. Otherwise, I am really enjoying the series.
RCA
WILDE SERIES (BOXED SET OF 3 FULL LENGTH NOVELS!)

BORN TO BE WILDE
Ex-Marine turned security specialist Joel Wilde thrives on the high-wire thrills that come with his job. And he isn’t about to give all that up to settle down – - not even with a sexy woman like Lora Marshall. Which means that while he’s protecting her from a violent gang, he’ll need to set a few ground rules to keep things professional. Good thing he’s always been a rule-breaker at heart.

Bought the first book and wanted to read t
Lauren
This book is more like 2.5 stars to be fair. I enjoyed the side story going on a lot more than the main characters story. Sure they had chemistry, but their issues just seemed silly. There just wasn't really anything stopping them from being together except that the guy thought it would be bad. The side story on the otherhand did a much better job of conveying the emotional issues the woman needed to overcome to be happy. Overall I wasn't too impressed. I got this book in the Sinfully Sweet pack ...more
Jane Drager
I like to get lost in a book once in a while. This one's on my list.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
ok. This was another of the same type of book. I decided to plow through this series, but I think I am going to take a cheesy paranormal break.

Again, this story is highly descriptive with all the actions & reasonings behind the actions. It was good, but I can't add anything new and interesting from what I said about the other books. I may have liked this a little more than the last book, but not enough to change the rating.

It's a good read & worth it, but if you read fast like me, it ma
DA4Pups
Oct 27, 2014 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title  ·  review of another edition
The Wilde Series: Set of 3 Full Length Novels
Roberta
i really enjoyed this book and it was rather funny because i only bought it as i had time to kill and thought it looked ok. I obviously didn't know it was number 8 of a series. That being said the book read just fine as a stand alone book and obviously leads into ben's story. I will be going back to read 1-7 now and then moving onto bens. I think i am now hocked. This was an easy read with a story line that flowed well, we also has the side stpry line of sydney and daniel which was just as good ...more
Black Butterfly
May 03, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Romance Readers
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: erotica, romance
THIS SERIES SHOWCASES THE WILDE FAMILY, THEY ARE TRUE TO THEIR LAST NAME. TWO LOVE STORIES IN THIS ONE, LORA A ARMY BUDDIE'S SISTER & JOEL WILDE, THEN HER FRIEND BAR OWNER/SINGLE MOTHER SYDNEY AND MATH TEACHER DANIEL. BOTH STORIES ARE VERY INTERESTING ESPECIALLY THE MAIN CHARACTERS JOEL & LORA. IT SHOWS WHEN A CHILD LOOSES A PARENT HOW DEVESTATING IT IS FOR THE CHILD HOW IT EMPACTS THEIR LIFE EVEN INTO ADULTHOOD. ALL THE LOVE SCENES ARE VERY GRAPHIC AND STEAMY H.O.T. KEEP TISSUES HANDY F ...more
Courtney
Not too much to this book besides sexual chemistry, tension, and love scenes. I thought there would be a little more suspense to go along with the romance, but I guess I was wrong. The characters were well-developed and and I enjoyed the setting, but I was just hoping for more action or drama concerning the men who were after Lora and her life insuranc policy.
Lindy
I generally like it when an author gives us not just one but TWO love stories in one book (and not an anthology). The extra bonus of Sydney & Daniel was nice, even though if I had read a book with just Sydney as the only heroine I probably wouldn't have finished it. Joel & Lora were a good couple, even if I didn't fall in love with them or their chemistry.
Katie
This one was okay...I think I figured out why I can't love Janelle completely....

She is used to writing Anthology stories that have to start and end fairly quickly and the sexual tension can't be drawn out too long. I think in these regular novels she needs to slow down a bit and not have the nookie start soooo soon. There is my two cents....
Amy
Another Wilde read -- this one is about Joel and is very good! Joel must protect former military buddy's (Zach Marshall) sister, Lora from thugs who want their money back. It seems that Zach used a life insurance policy for Lora as collateral on a loan to gamble.

There is also a great sidebar story on Lora's friend Sydney and her daughter Cassie.

Kim
Story was ok. Didn't really ever get that sense of connection with the main characters, which is why I think I don't have strong feelings for the story. In fact, I was more interested in the supporting characters, specifically Sydney and Daniel.

In the future I would give another Denison book a chance to wow me.
Crystal Yawn
This Wilde book should be 2 stories. You have Lora and Joel then you have several chapters dedicated to Sydney and Daniel. Becomes a bit confusing and annoying. I would have gave Lora's story 5 stars if it was just her story. I think Sydney's story was worthy of a short book on it's own.
Vanna
Yum!!!!

Even though this is the 4th book in the series, it's my first time reading a book from the author. I loved that there was spice, action, romance, and some funny parts. All I have to say is I want a marine!!!
Moira
part of a 3 set Wilde Novel e-book. Billed as a contemporary novel-racy and quite descriptive so if that is not your style I would not recommend reading this series.
Sue Parker
I loved this book. It has two stories. First Lora and Joel then also Sydney and Daniel. Both get the HEA. And a little heartache along the way.
Karen
Just like all the other books in the Wilde series...Janelle Denison did a great job! I loved this book!!
Melissa
This is a great series and very entertaining. I know I will definitely be reading more by Janelle Denison...
Ladyacct
Very easy romance to read, and while kinda predictable for the HEA ending it was nice.
Cindy Claar
The 2 couples was a nice touch but I wish there would have been more story to the book.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Another fab read, am loving this series, more Wilde for me...
Sandy
Not as exciting as I expected it to be. 1/5 stars.
Heidi
This book was okay a little wordy, but good story.
Kayla
I love her books. I wish she had more.
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Sara Rabinowitz
Sara Rabinowitz marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
  • Bad Boys To Go
  • Willing
  • Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air, #2)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • The Red Diary
  • The Right Choice
  • Perfect Weapon
  • Angel Baby
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
It’s hard for me to imagine that I’ve been writing romances for over twenty years now! I started at the young age of 21, just after I got married. Reading romances, and then writing them, came about as a result of having too much time on my hands. When I first married my husband Don, I was working a regular nine to five job and he worked swing shift, from four in the afternoon until midnight. It w ...more
More about Janelle Denison...
Men at Work Too Wilde to Tame (Wilde Series, #3) Wilde Thing (Wilde Series, #1) The Wilde Side (Wilde Series, #2) Wild for Him (Wilde Series, #5)