Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Have you ever felt that finding a man, falling in love, and living happily ever after is totally out of your control? Is it possible to find a man who will be a friend and equal, but who will also do whatever you want him to do? And what can you do to make the man you already have give you everything you want?
Never fear, Mama Gena is here with practical tools for a relat...more
Published June 17th 2003 by Simon & Schuster (first published June 2nd 2003)

I have mixed feelings about this book. Her relationship advice is pretty spot-on, men live to make us happy and most of us women are in need of a perspective-shift, we need to get in touch with our desires, and let go [of our crankiness]. I generally love her wit and style. But I can't say I agree with the language she chose as the framework for her advice this time. Starting with the title! She sometimes makes it sound as if we're supposed to manipulate men, when really her main point is to dri...more
Renee Legris
I have to warn you that as a long-time feminist I was prepared to read ten pages of this book and put it down forever. However, this book was not at all what I expected. Regena is relentlessly positive about women, about men, and about the possibility of relationships that make both happy. But (not surprisingly), you probably have a bit of work to do, to get yourself ready. And I bet that work is not what you expect!

While there were a few ideas that I can't quite get on board with, I was overwhe...more
Jenn I. fer
these books are not for me but I can respect her point of view and reason for writing.
Ingrid Hansen
What an empowering, fabulous, lighthearted fun book to read.

I've learned a lot from Mama Gena and I will read this book again to be sure to remember all her wonderful advice.

I can now call my self Sister Goddess I.H.

Everything she reveals in this book is so true and every woman can learn something from her teachings.

Read the book and become your own Sister Goddess and make the best of your life wether it's as a single having fun or as a woman seeking the knight on the white horse.

Liane Spicer
I bought it thinking that at the very least it might be a fun read. I'm finding that behind all the 'Sister Goddess' language and irreverence it conveys a very serious message to women - that no one else is responsible for our happiness, and that we have to stop putting onerous burdens of our misguided expectations on the men in our lives, many of whom would love to make us happy but just don't know how.
Lauren
Picked this up on recommendation by a friend. It's lighthearted, and a cool perspective that's not heard too often (men want to please, it's your responsibility to be in tune with and communicate your desires). Super quick read. A little repetitive at times, but the message was fun.
Kim
so dislike the name of this book but the wisdom inside is powerful stuff. a great read for me as i am dating for the first time at 36! but wonderful wisdom for interacting with all the men in your life.
Roxanne Janiro
Feb 15, 2007 Roxanne Janiro rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All women
This book had so much good information pertaining to Men and what we(as women) should expect and will demand. HOLLA! Plus it talks about orgasms, so you can't go wrong there. hahaha
Kimberly
Honestly, not that good in comparison to Regena's first book. This book seemed like a hashed out rewrite to complete a publishing contract.

Not my favorite.
Christine
Slightly more in depth to her first book, School of Womanly Arts, however I felt a lot of the information was repeated. Still a great book though.
Teri
EXCELLENT book. I recommend it for every woman, whether single or in a relationship. Sometimes we just need to be reminded how to act....
Golda Poretsky
I like her books. I can't help it. But I found her first book to be much more engaging and less annoying.
Lynn Vannucci
Read this book because I was working on a project for which I would interview the author.
Lynn Vannucci
Read this book because I was working on a project for which I would interview her.
Melissa
Very funny, entertaining book.
Lynn Van hoose
Lynn Van hoose is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: Using the Power of Pleasure to Have Your Way with the World Mama Gena's Marriage Manual: Stop Being a Good Wife, Start Being a Sister Goddess Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts: How to Use the Power of Pleasure Mama Gena's Marriage Manual: Stop Being a Good Wife, Start Being a Sister Goddess! Mama Gena's Marriage Manual: Stop Being a Good Wife, Start Being a Sister Goddess