Start by marking “Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men” as Want to Read:
Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

“Diva of Desire” Regena Thomashauer (a.k.a. Mama Gena) is back with a saucy, provocative, absolutely essential guide to getting the relationship you want.

Have you ever felt that finding a man, falling in love, and living a joyous, adventurous, fulfilling life with him is completely out of your control? Is it possible to find a man who will be a friend and an equal, but who
Published June 17th 2003 by Simon & Schuster (first published May 20th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mama Gena's Owner's and Operator's Guide to Men

I have mixed feelings about this book. Her relationship advice is pretty spot-on, men live to make us happy and most of us women are in need of a perspective-shift, we need to get in touch with our desires, and let go [of our crankiness]. I generally love her wit and style. But I can't say I agree with the language she chose as the framework for her advice this time. Starting with the title! She sometimes makes it sound as if we're supposed to manipulate men, when really her main point is to dri ...more
Liane Spicer
Nov 27, 2010 Liane Spicer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought it thinking that at the very least it might be a fun read. I'm finding that behind all the 'Sister Goddess' language and irreverence it conveys a very serious message to women - that no one else is responsible for our happiness, and that we have to stop putting onerous burdens of our misguided expectations on the men in our lives, many of whom would love to make us happy but just don't know how.
Sarah Elizabeth
Interesting, but not my favorite. I love what she's trying to do, I just don't know how much I jive with her message. Definitely worth a read and a discussion though :)
Renee Legris
I have to warn you that as a long-time feminist I was prepared to read ten pages of this book and put it down forever. However, this book was not at all what I expected. Regena is relentlessly positive about women, about men, and about the possibility of relationships that make both happy. But (not surprisingly), you probably have a bit of work to do, to get yourself ready. And I bet that work is not what you expect!

While there were a few ideas that I can't quite get on board with, I was overwhe
Ingrid Hansen
What an empowering, fabulous, lighthearted fun book to read.

I've learned a lot from Mama Gena and I will read this book again to be sure to remember all her wonderful advice.

I can now call my self Sister Goddess I.H.

Everything she reveals in this book is so true and every woman can learn something from her teachings.

Read the book and become your own Sister Goddess and make the best of your life wether it's as a single having fun or as a woman seeking the knight on the white horse.

Cristail
May 04, 2016 Cristail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: better-me
It'a all about starting by the basic... Before even thinking about getting into men... You gotta get into you... I love whatever this woman do... Maybe one of the only women in the world that is clear abour one thing: You're life is the way it is.. because you don't love enough yourself. As for men operating... there are loads of useful tricks!! I definitely advise it!
Lauren
Mar 21, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up on recommendation by a friend. It's lighthearted, and a cool perspective that's not heard too often (men want to please, it's your responsibility to be in tune with and communicate your desires). Super quick read. A little repetitive at times, but the message was fun.
Kim
Sep 15, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
so dislike the name of this book but the wisdom inside is powerful stuff. a great read for me as i am dating for the first time at 36! but wonderful wisdom for interacting with all the men in your life.
Golda Poretsky
I like her books. I can't help it. But I found her first book to be much more engaging and less annoying.
Kimberly
Honestly, not that good in comparison to Regena's first book. This book seemed like a hashed out rewrite to complete a publishing contract.

Not my favorite.
Christine
Jan 21, 2009 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Slightly more in depth to her first book, School of Womanly Arts, however I felt a lot of the information was repeated. Still a great book though.
Teri
May 22, 2009 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT book. I recommend it for every woman, whether single or in a relationship. Sometimes we just need to be reminded how to act....
Roxanne Janiro
Feb 15, 2007 Roxanne Janiro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All women
This book had so much good information pertaining to Men and what we(as women) should expect and will demand. HOLLA! Plus it talks about orgasms, so you can't go wrong there. hahaha
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
May 24, 2014
Candas
Candas rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2011
Shaanen
Shaanen rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Alyce LaGasse
Alyce LaGasse rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
E
E rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2011
Lynn Vannucci
Read this book because I was working on a project for which I would interview her.
Nikkiana
Nikkiana rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Lisadallen
Lisadallen rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2009
H. Rose
H. Rose rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2010
Mo
Mo rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Du gyvenimai
  • For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband
  • Psychic Intelligence: Tune In and Discover the Power of Your Intuition
  • Why We Read Fiction: Theory of Mind and the Novel
  • Spiritual Madness: The Necessity of Meeting God in Darkness
  • Million Dollar Outlines
  • Characterization and Sensory Detail (Writing Active Setting #1)
  • Social and Cultural Anthropology: A Very Short Introduction
  • Tell, Don't Show!
  • Powerful Premise: Writing the Irresistible (Red Sneaker Writers Book Series 6)
  • First Draft in 30 Days: A Novel Writer's System for Building a Complete and Cohesive Manuscript
  • When Your Prayers Seem Unanswered
  • It's a Guy Thing: A Owner's Manual for Women
  • Tiger's Heart: The Story of a Modern Chinese Woman
  • Write Every Day: How to Write Faster, and Write More (Rock Your Writing, #4)
  • How I Wrote My First Book: The Story Behind the Story